• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
They are usually a bit better, especially when the students are serving you. But I agree the layout is pretty terrible and I didnt like that chick. The Algonquin staff is cool, too bad they dont have courts. As for the prices, it will cost you $8 if you are a student somewhere. There is a court fee of 4.28 which I can cover since I dont have to pay to get in (besides the fact that I already pay an athletic fee included in tuition).

Andrew, where would you prefer to play? I dont mind going to goodlife, but are we gonna have a member available?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
If it matters, I would rather go to Goodlife since it is a bit closer, and I didn't like teh Carleton courts, so I'm willing to give Goodlife a try.

Oh yeah, great night guys, it was really fun.

Ruk-Shuk ftw.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Hey, so, what's the status for the drive to Niagra? Is it an official go? Mike? As well, what will be done for housing?

Orlando: How's about we go Team Percon? It'll throw them off when they play us.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Mike put us down for attending, but im not sure whether or not we have housing. Ill have to check the thread later. Or maybe Max has an answer to the question? lol, yeah Andrew(retlaf) and ben have joked that all ottawa teams should be named after GTA for the mind games and such. It was pretty funny, at FFYF one team that was going to face team kingace went up to kingace because they thought he was part of the that team.

I guess goodlife it is. Id say around 10 am would be good (although probably not for anyone else :p). I have to head to carleton afterwards so I wouldnt want to start to late. Any chance that Mike (Harold's friend) will come? Having the discount would be nice.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
PNDMike here:

Good night last night, guys. Beast Coast Brawla Ballas was robbed though, especially after my epic first match. Great counterpick level, Ariel. Munchkin and Ruk Shuk was incredible. **** Ruk Shuk takes so much tech skill though.

Firstly: we just woke up, so we probably can't make it to your fest Patrick, sorry. Next time, for sure.
Secondly: It's looking like renting a van is the best option. We could take two cars for the same price, or a vanful with possible smash going on in the back. As for housing, we'll get in touch with the Niagara crew, but Haze, Nukls, HiDef and I have a really good friend who goes to Brock, so -we- might try and crash there so as not to impose on any hosts .

arsenic41

Smash Ace
lol double post

Mike put us down for attending, but im not sure whether or not we have housing. Ill have to check the thread later. Or maybe Max has an answer to the question? lol, yeah Andrew(retlaf) and ben have joked that all ottawa teams should be named after GTA for the mind games and such. It was pretty funny, at FFYF one team that was going to face team kingace went up to kingace because they thought he was part of the that team.

I guess goodlife it is. Id say around 10 am would be good (although probably not for anyone else :p). I have to head to carleton afterwards so I wouldnt want to start to late. Any chance that Mike (Harold's friend) will come? Having the discount would be nice.
Alright, sounds sounds good. Where is Good life anyways? I also need to go to Harolds some time and borrow one of his rackets.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Here is the google map of the area/location, its at the B. I live near Iris and Woodroffe not to far from there on the map. Randy if you are driving it might be best if you could pick Me, Joblin, Ben, (if they are good with the time) at either Iris (basically at my house) or baseline since im pretty sure its pretty easy for all us to get there. Getting a bus to the goodlife area sucks and that way we can meet at a common location. If you arent driving than maybe busing and meeting at baseline is best.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...wa&fb=1&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I have the car for sunday, I will need to know where everyone lives so I can go get them...or we can all meet somewhere and go from there.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the plan is to meet either at Iris (my house) or Baseline which is a few blocks from my house. It will be easy for us busers to get to either of these locations. We just need to hear from Ben and Joblin first.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
not enough people showed up ,so we basically super crew'd it.

It was:

Cam- Captain
Zylem
Linkshot
Joblin
Haze
Pat
Phill

vs.

Me- Captain
HIDef
Nukls
PNDMike
Chris
SAUS

My crew lost...I blame a certain someone whose gamer tag starts with S and ends with AUS. he went falcon -_-

Percon

Smash Lord
For housing I THINK Niko's gonna house you guys at his mom's place (I think he needs to check first) to repay you guys for having him for a week. It's walking distance from both my place and the venue, so it's a good deal. I'm housing montreal, so we can all get together and smash on the friday before or something.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
If I didnt fall asleep I might ahve made it. I was just way too tired.

So it was Beast Coast Brawla Ballas vs who?

Percon & Niko: I wuv you. Unless he cant house us :p.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah i'm pumped, especially now that ally is confirmed :) hopefully that will draw some US competitors out

as for squash, i just learned today i'm needed for playing football at around 3, so the earlier the better for me... just say when to meet up and i'm there

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Well hopefully you wont be too worn out from playing squash to play football :). I say then we meet at baseline at 9:30 hopefully start by 10 and get in about 2 hrs which is alot of squash. We should meet at the parking lot as Randy will have his car and can drive us from there.

Just a reminder its gonna be $15 per person. So far confirmed is:
Me
Randy
Ben

Maybe list:
Joblin
Harold (Randy can cover you since you got him last time)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
The last time I asked harold he said that he was working, but he never said from when to when.

Also, I stil ldon't know which good life we are going to.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Yeah baseline station parking lot 9:30 am. my cell number is 613-262-8846

msn is rabidcyote at hotmail dot com

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yay! *feels so much <333 at the Air Ride comment* And you're welcome. It got a little crazy after you left and I just bailed out an hour ago.

Melee is awesome and I'm picking up Purple Manondorf.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Ok we have space for one more in Randys car. Squash is now:

Randy
Me
Ben
Joblin

Meet at 9:30 tomorrow at Baseline parking lot.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Holy **** its a toronto lurker =P

I'm having a melee mid life crisis or something. What is the game of choice around town these days?

PND

Smash Champion
Let's not turn this topic into Melee vs Brawl. If you guys feel like debating something, how 'bout Puppies versus Kittens?

I like puppies, but I hate training them. Kittens are cute, and can have hilarious captions. I vote kittens, but I must admit that I like dogs better than cats.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

or RATHER how about Bee's Knee's VS Cat's Pajama's????

State your case.

PND

Smash Champion
Bee's Knees. It rhymes and I'm easily amused. However, the thought of cats in Pajamas is also quite comical. And Pajamas is such a funny word. Pajamas.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Runawayfire wasn't trying to start a debate. He was just stating the fact that damax won't be good at whatever is in at the moment. That my friends is something we can all come together and agree on =)

Nice to see you're still alive Damax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom