• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Smash Lord
No, its just that I would like to practice with Harold as team partners since we will be teaming up for the Niagara tourney. Unless you plan on going, but I kinda guessed you werent now that you are on call.

Although with Randy teaming with Andrew, you can try teaming with Derek or Ben, double Rob :o.

Ill post about squash later, too tired now.
According to the thread it's November 8, I'm not on the schedule for being on call that weekend so I might be able to go, but I guess I'll have to see if they change anything before then. However, having said that, I'm not sure if I want to go all the way to Niagara anyways as it's kind of far. If you want to team up with Harold to practice then I'm ok with it.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
LaN -> back in town on thanksgiving weekend, although NOTHING will bring me back for friday night...so i'll miss the smashfest unless it's later on in the weekend=P.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Singles! Doubles with Moses, as Team Broken!

If someone will lend me a racket/mentor me, I am heavily interested in Squash, just cuz it looks really cool when I see people playing at the Y.

buenob

Smash Lord
ok so mini-smashfest tonight at my place :)

pm for directions, i figure show up whenever you feel like, but i don't have food so keep that in mind :D

lol, i talked about this last week but I wasn't sure if I would be able to until now... since I haven't been able to make it out to cams place in ages I need practice (reason for having) + I generally have a great time hangin' out with you guys...

Doubles practice I think will be heavily on the agenda :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Team Curious ***balls will be there to practice up for teams... assuming at least 4 people are showing up.

Also, you has spare controller?

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah but they're mostly wavebirds and gimpy... i have 2 controllers i would say are 'use worthy'

so who else is on your team?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
ok so mini-smashfest tonight at my place :)

pm for directions, i figure show up whenever you feel like, but i don't have food so keep that in mind :D

lol, i talked about this last week but I wasn't sure if I would be able to until now... since I haven't been able to make it out to cams place in ages I need practice (reason for having) + I generally have a great time hangin' out with you guys...

Doubles practice I think will be heavily on the agenda :)
I'll see if I can come, Ben :D My cousin and I have a fierce new team we're working on.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
LaN -> back in town on thanksgiving weekend, although NOTHING will bring me back for friday night...so i'll miss the smashfest unless it's later on in the weekend=P.
Im counting the days :).

yeah but they're mostly wavebirds and gimpy... i have 2 controllers i would say are 'use worthy'

so who else is on your team?
lol you should check the bi-weekly registrations. You may know him very well ;P.

Ill probably make it for 6 or 7 ish. Ill bring an extra wired controller (2 controllers), I dont actually trust wavebirds :D. Maybe its not so bad in brawl but in melee I remember it seemed to mess up and thats when i didnt even know what technical was.

I know where you live but I dont know you're buzz/apartment number. Does your name appear on the list with apartment #?

Edit: im teaming with Cam, not Harold. I think Harold with be able to beast us all with his new character with simply a level 3 Wario as a partner.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Ben, I'm interested in the mini-smashfest tonight, I have a very good friend in town, who's pretty darn good at smash as well. Could he come too?

I also Pm'ed you for directions.

buenob

Smash Lord
the name is D. Faulkner in the buzzer, yeah it's fine to bring people, but it's gotta end at 10pm tonight guys (and 10pm sharp lol)

didn't know that until last night, oh well... the wonders of living with other people lol

I'll attempt to give speedy replies to all, but i do need to head out for a bit soon

PND

Smash Champion
I want to make it tonight, but I didn't realize that it's my friend's birthday. I really want to practice against some of my more troubling match ups :(

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I want to make it tonight, but I didn't realize that it's my friend's birthday. I really want to practice against some of my more troubling match ups :(
There will be another mini-fest at Harold's this thursday if you guys are interested. Work has finally piled on so ill try to make it out to these before I become to busy.

PND

Smash Champion
Thursday sounds like it might be possible. I'll let you guys know a bit closer, sort of like Cam, I'm usually on call weekdays for the government. So I generally don't know if I'm working until the day of.

buenob

Smash Lord
Arsenic here: That just sounds like a john to me:p

ditch your friends b-day and get over here, b-days just means inexplicable amounts of fun and alcohol, where smash is serious business and very boring.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thursday sounds like it might be possible. I'll let you guys know a bit closer, sort of like Cam, I'm usually on call weekdays for the government. So I generally don't know if I'm working until the day of.
I'm on call 24/7 for week long shifts, it's not fun (Hence why I'm awake at 12:30am, waiting for someone to fix something). I'm really looking forward to Friday afternoon when this is done for the week :/

Change of plans - i'll be at friday's smashfest on the tenth.
Yay!

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Ian: Any chance of being available long before then? Specifically, I play squash with a buddy (or two now...) on Friday's at around noon...
Since you can only play once a week (much like the rest of us) Id recommend you and Mike join us for Sunday mornings. That will probably end up being our squashfest day. We just need to find a cheaper location than goodlife since 15 is too much even if the courts look nicer.

Right now Carleton is in the lead, and since its sunday morning it should be deserted which means we wont get ****** around last time. Just say you're a student (a student anywhere) even if you arent and hopefully they wont ask for proof. Itll come to $8 with the possibility of swimming and of course gym if you wanted to.

Randy: Since you have some free time tomorrow can you please check the Ottawa U courts and see what the price is (student and non-student) and if they rent out rackets. Thx.

The only thing with carleton is that we wont have easy access to Joblin's for smash afterwards :p.

Also, tonight was awesome, thanks for hosting Ben and those who can should try to make it out to Harolds on thursday for some moar epic lulz and stuff.

buenob

Smash Lord
awesome time guys, thanks for commin' out :) so not this week but the _next_ week i'll be starting to show up again

also, there's talk of crew matches in niagra... I'm in :)

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
If Mike were to join us on Sunday then Goodlife would be $10 instead of $15, which I can handle over Carelton, plus Goodlife has a doubles court which I wouldn't mind playing doubles again, it was quite a challenge and fun.

Harold, I won't be able to play Squash on Friday, I'm working, but I do believe I can make it on Sunday.

I'll see you guys not this Friday but the next.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
True the doubles was fun. I looked at the rules and you dont have to alternate players hitting the ball, the way they seem to play is they split the court length wise and one player from each team takes a side. We can still play the other way we played though cuz it was pretty cool.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Arsenic here: I'm actually still trying to even FIND the squash courts, I check Morisset and Marion, but maybe I'm just bad at finding them...I'll check online or ask.

Locke)

Smash Ace
I'm on campus right now at uOttawa. The courts are in montpetit's basement, and all the way on the other side of campus at the rec center. I'll swing by to check prices and update you guys later. My friend and I play squash at montpetit, but it's free for us because we are students here.

Ottawa U Prices:

Students/Members - Free
With member - $7.14
External - $12
Racquet rentals - $2.14

Now I'm assuming a student counts as a member because we're given an all-inclusive membership by attending the University.

There are also monthly memberships for $36 or $108 for four months. So assuming you would play at least once a week, you'd be saving 12 bucks a month by becoming a member.

I try to get out as often a possible to the courts so let me know if you guys are interested sometime!

Also, is there room for friday's smashfest? I'm 95% interested.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I don't know how different Squash is, but there's a tennis court right outside my building. Two, actually. And they're free; all you have to do is be with somebody that has a key.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm on campus right now at uOttawa. The courts are in montpetit's basement, and all the way on the other side of campus at the rec center. I'll swing by to check prices and update you guys later. My friend and I play squash at montpetit, but it's free for us because we are students here.

Ottawa U Prices:

Students/Members - Free
With member - $7.14
External - $12
Racquet rentals - $2.14

Now I'm assuming a student counts as a member because we're given an all-inclusive membership by attending the University.

There are also monthly memberships for $36 or $108 for four months. So assuming you would play at least once a week, you'd be saving 12 bucks a month by becoming a member.

I try to get out as often a possible to the courts so let me know if you guys are interested sometime!

Actually, if your intrested in the bi-weekly, singles is 3$ and doubles is 4$, the casual's are next week and every other week after that. so...Come on in?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Gah!!!!!!!
QFT

Ottawa U Prices:

Students/Members - Free
With member - $7.14
External - $12
Racquet rentals - $2.14

Awesome, thanks for the info. Randy kinda failed me but I still <3 him :). So to those interested in squashfest the three choices are basically(although there are other places to check out):

Goodlife: $15, with someone that is a member $10 (most likely wont happen)
Carleton: $12 if non student, $8 if student somewhere else + $4.30 court fee, free for students
Ottawa U: If external people can get the $36/month membership itll be about $9 per week. It would be free for students.
Going with Ottawa U student to OU: $7.14

Another option is too find where the total cost would be cheapest and then just split that evenly among us. I think that wold work pretty good. In that case OU with Randy, Ben, or Locke would probably be best.

As for smashfest, im pretty sure there are still spots left just keep in mind that since its a bi-weekly this week there wont be much time for friendlies/melee as all setups basically go to maing sure it ends on time.

I don't know how different Squash is, but there's a tennis court right outside my building. Two, actually. And they're free; all you have to do is be with somebody that has a key.
Its just a tiny bit different and cant be played on a tennis court, although if I ever take up tennis ill let you know :p.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Ok count me in for the bi-weekly friday I want to see how everyone is doing. I can get to Cam's earlier than 7:30 in case anyone wants to get games in, assuming we're allowed earlier? When do the doors open?

Locke)

Smash Ace
Whatever floats your boat. I'll have to shake off the melee rust for sure but I'd enjoy some matches. I'll talk to my boys about it as well.

Randy we're due for some old manondorf dittos I believe. I want to see if my g-dorf performance from that tournament inspired you =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom