• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmmmmmmm

I actually play Wolf now so Ariel and I could double him, too. Man, it's just such an unresistible deal, I know!

In the event that he's a skillcanceling noob face and decides he has better things to do or better worse people to partner with, I'd love to play with you, Haze.

OH ****, I guess it's pretty obvious now that I learned Wolf to prepare for our rematch, Clet. XD

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Also, G+W CAN KILL AND I CAN'T!!! which helps... a lot...
That's the same thing with me, Wolf can't kill very well so I need a partner that can kill but I don't have a regular partner so its really tough, almost impossible to create strategies.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Suo: Take the 85 from Bayshore for a few blocks until you pass by the Swarma Palace (which will be on your left side). The address is 2929 Carling Ave. apt 101. The ring up is also 101. If you have a cell, call me if you're lost (613-829-6076).

Patrick: Just as well, I wasn't too keen on having unknowns coming over.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Flash7 here:

Suo: If you are coming from downtown again, its best to take anything to lincoln fields and then the 85 bayshore. You get off after youve gone down a big hill, first stop after the hill. Its kinda tricky to find where the 85 bayshore stops but its on the top level where carling ave is.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I too will be needing a partner for the next bi-weekly if I am able to make it. 90% sure that I will.

Harold: You might as well meet them at Lincoln Fields, I've been to your place twice and I still don't know where you live. Its as if I've teleported every time. All I know is that you live in some alley.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
SWF back up ftw.

Anyways, if guys are still intrested, the mock crew match will still be going on today. As for team captains, the captains so far are:

SAUS
IvanEva
Moses
Zylem

If any of them fail to show up (I know Harold will) then it will be

Fox
Me
Suo
Fogel

only if guys are still intrested.

buenob

Smash Lord
sunday any time really, tuesday any time as well lol... place can be determined by what's easiest for you

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You have fun, Infzy. And thanks for showing me that Ice Climbers trick (the one where Nana spikes during a grab). I just used it on a CPU Game & Watch and was all "pwnnn". Ice Climbers are awesome.

And I will be coming tonight, I just might be a little late, unsure.

PND

Smash Champion
I should be there around 5:30-6:00, traffic depending. I'll bring a WiiTV. If not required, I can always leave it in my car.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap more melee players, might have to make an appearance :p.

Randy: were you sore the next day? my shoulder of my swinging arm was a bit tender. I hear OU has squash courts (im just assuming), do you guys know what it costs and how long you can play? Although since its sunday the courts should be more empty at Carleton.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Orlando: I myself have never been to the Ottawa U Squash course directly, So I don't know any of the prices and things like that. But Harold suggested "The Good life" and being in Kanata right now, I think it is a shorter trip to go there than back to Ottawa U.

And yes, my legs were sore, but at least I could walk up and down stairs.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Are you not on residence? Or is that only during the week?

The goodlife sounds pretty good, but I think its 15 per person :/.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
False...lack of calcium is painful, which only makes Old Manondof more angry.

And I am working this week, so I come back to kanata.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I'm not sore from the squashing with can only mean that I clearly wasn't trying. If I was, well, we all know who would have been dominating then. ;)

Also, I won't be coming tonight. Four days of non-stop Smash is a bit much for me. By the way, to the guys who showed up, good games all around.

Pallan: You guys are hilarious when you bicker. :laugh:

Suo: No more trying to tether with Shiek when somebody's holding onto the edge! Oh, and tell me when you're all GGPO-ready.

Moses: Too bad you couldn't stay for very long but good games though. You need to adopt the Lucas grab thingy with your Marth (not that you really needed it but it'd be another weapon for you). I'm slightly insulted that I wasn't good enough to merit fighting your Metaknight. I got stuck with that loser Marth. :laugh:

Suo

Smash Apprentice
GG's with everyone at Harold's! Thanks for inviting me over.

I'll let you know when I'm all setup for GGPO Harold, I think I just need a driver thingy from Jan.

I'm going into a cave tonight, deep in a mountain, where I will meditate and renew my smash powers. I will emerge in a week, and make my way to the bi-weekly buahahaha!

P.S. Pallan for God tier

flash7

Smash Journeyman
When you start stretching/lunging your back and *** will hurt, also I like your little pseudo fighting stance when you are waiting for the serve, unfortunately it wasnt enough.

Yeah GGs to all. Jan work on that stuff you learned and youll be high tier in no time :). Parrying is still the greatest fighting game move ever.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
When you start stretching/lunging your back and *** will hurt, also I like your little pseudo fighting stance when you are waiting for the serve, unfortunately it wasnt enough.

Yeah GGs to all. Jan work on that stuff you learned and youll be high tier in no time :). Parrying is still the greatest fighting game move ever.
False, Shouryuken

jan

Smash Cadet
Good games to all at the mini Smashfest, which was pretty good considering there was only one TV! (And 3rd Strike on the computer.) Rotation mode came to the rescue! :p

Orlando: I'm definitely gonna train a bit. I'll probably pass on a few biweeklies until I get comfortable with all those techniques, though. Thanks for the lesson!

Suo: Here's the driver for the PS2 adapter, I think: http://www.mayflash.com/Download/SETUP345.EXE. Try installing that and restarting your computer. Plug it in and go into Control Panel -> Game Controllers. If you see something in there (forget the exact name of it), all you have to do is map your buttons in GGPO. :)

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm down for making the trop to carleton on sunday for playing squash... i think it's just 5 bucks to make it in for non students right? as long as I'm accompanied by you? any "guest" passes?

**** I wish I could make it tonight :( keep next tuesday in your heads for impromptu westborro smashfest... slightly closer for those at Uni lol, and I'm right on the transitway so transportation isn't a problem

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Carleton had the worst service I had ever seen. That ***** at the desk (when we went for squash) deserved to get her teeth kicked in for not even smiling once. I guess it's because you've already paid your student fees and all that that they feel no need to pretend to be nice. I've heard before that university staff tend to be jerks but I didn't think it was true.

I have to give it to Algonquin, they may not be all that great but at least they pretend to like you! :laugh:

For any X-Men fans, I thought this was pretty funny. They're all from Grant Morrison's run (the issues I have on my wall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU9FPflW9Xk&feature=related

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Goodlife is a bit expensive if there is no member to accompany you but being a person whose gone to both Goodlife and Carleton, I'd prefer Goodlife. Carleton's courts are awful and it's $8 not $5. I'm up for Sunday and think that noonish is a good time to get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom