• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Actually, who is going to the smashfest on Friday? I'm definitely showing up, anyone else? Are you showing up Cam?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm going to around for a smashfest at my own house :p
I'm going to be on call that day though, so I may have to stop playing if I get paged.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ok, I found my Wiimote. My idiot brother had it hidden behind his desk somewhere for whatever random reason.

I might not show up to this Smashfest since I've been overly unproductive lately and I should be spending that time looking for a job. I'll see though. I'm in a more Brawl-ish mood nowadays.

infomon

Smash Scientist
So smashfest this Friday at Fogel's? Is it a bi-weekly or was that last week... I've lost track :S

I'ma prolly bring my brother if that's ok. I'll bring my Wii.... should I also bring a TV?

Edit: Hello PangyLand..... umm you have the highest smiley-to-text ratio I've ever seen :D Just sayin'.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
So smashfest this Friday at Fogel's? Is it a bi-weekly or was that last week... I've lost track :S

I'ma prolly bring my brother if that's ok. I'll bring my Wii.... should I also bring a TV?

Edit: Hello PangyLand..... umm you have the highest smiley-to-text ratio I've ever seen :D Just sayin'.
This week is for the lulz, next week is serious business ;P

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yeys, SmashFest Friday. I'm bringing my cousin with me. He has an amazing Olimar.

Oh and haiz Pangy :3 Welcome to the, uh, circle of Brawl nerds that make this city so, um, interesting will work.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
gah...Olimar's, I don't like fighting them -_- anyways, I guess I see most of you at the smashfest.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
oh Harold, I tried, and it's asking me to open up ports on my router or some stuff.

I'm really bad with computers, and so I just got frustrated and gave up.

I really wanna check out GGPO, even if its just messing around on my keyboard.

Thoughts? Help? :D thanks!

P.S. Mom's birthday is this weekend, so we're going to my Grandparents cottage on friday-sat-sun, I'm really itching to play some Brawl :( Hope everyone has fun!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Suo: Yeah, that whole port forwarding stuff was a pain to get going but it's totally worth it. Go here and follow the instructions to get things going: http://portforward.com/

Just think of it as giving birth. Sure, it'll hurt a bit while it's happening, but once it's born you'll be happy from then on... depending on your child...

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Suo: Yeah, that whole port forwarding stuff was a pain to get going but it's totally worth it. Go here and follow the instructions to get things going: http://portforward.com/

Just think of it as giving birth. Sure, it'll hurt a bit while it's happening, but once it's born you'll be happy from then on... depending on your child...
Then they grow up and spite you for opressing their "free spirit" and then eventually stop listening to you, then they start going out to bars and stuff, then they **** or get *****, then they grow up and realize how much you mean to them but its too late because you and your spouse have died of old age and they regret not being able show their thanks.

Then they realize that this was a bunch of BS and that Port Forwarding is nothing like giving a child -_-

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
In ALL seriousness guys, I think you need to give Scarlet Weather Rhapsody a try. Not to mention the network mode on that game is equally amazing.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
You have never told us where we can get it, yet you keep on going oh how good it is.

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure theres a post "to me" dedicated to how to download and subsequently play that game... it's actually a lot of fun, i just wish the char that I loved off the bat was a char that retlaf played so he could teach me some epic mind gamez

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Wow, just got GGPO all setup and everything...Quite impressive!

Playing on a keyboard is garbage, can't even Hadouken half the time :(

Still though, it feels really great, zero lag that I could sense anyway.

Has your stick arrived yet Harold? I might look for like a cheap converter to let me use my PS2 controller, until I can save up for a decent stick.

If only Nintendo was like Capcom...GGPO in Brawl<3

arsenic41

Smash Ace
you know what else would be cool? If we GGPO Dungeons and Dragons Shadow Over Mystrya

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there for this Friday's Smashfest. I like to have the friendlies because I find there are more matches with different people.

Does anyone know how many people are going?

PNDMike: If I could, I'd have a steady doubles partner and he wouldn't be a Meta player.

Yes, all of you play GGPO while your Brawl skillz dwindle! And yet you'll still beat me :( I really wish I had more time for Brawl.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Suo: My stick came in about three days after I ordered it (it was funny, we were JUST about to play SFIII when the doorbell rang). It's slowly started to show signs of abuse from my 360s but otherwise it's been great. Yeah, I can't see a keyboard being very good...

arsenic41

Smash Ace
IvanEva: I actually find the keyboard alot easier to use than a D-pad, but even though it still sucks -_-

flash7

Smash Journeyman
lol whats the input for a 360 on the keyboard? Using wasd configuration it would be like:

d>d+s>s>s+a>a>a+w>w>w+d>d

all within half s second, thats some crazy micro :p

Suo

Smash Apprentice
you know what else would be cool? If we GGPO Dungeons and Dragons Shadow Over Mystrya
I've never played D&D is it any good? I'd be down if this is a serious post :p

Suo: My stick came in about three days after I ordered it (it was funny, we were JUST about to play SFIII when the doorbell rang). It's slowly started to show signs of abuse from my 360s but otherwise it's been great. Yeah, I can't see a keyboard being very good...
Nice, what stick did you get?/was it decently priced?

It's kinda up in the air, but looks like I can't make it tonight, unless my mom has a sudden change of heart, and we leave tommorrow instead.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
D&D is a 4 player old school beat em up, one of the best I've ever played in fact, I'll need to get GGPO in order to do that though -_-.

OH yeah, in order to do a 360 on the keyboard, you mave a macro.

PND

Smash Champion
I probably won't make it tonight, but I think the other guys (Haze, Knuckles, and HiDef) might be coming. Since my phone was destroyed from drumming Green Grass and High Tides on Expert (tight jeans + cell phone in pocket of the kick pedal foot = messed up phone) I have pretty much no way to contact anyone.

I want to come, but this weekend is a family birthday and surprise party so I'm pretty much obliged.

PangyLand

Smash Rookie
T-T;; I so want to go to smashfest D: But I'm not sure how far Nepean is from China town [Rochester ST] D:

flash7

Smash Journeyman
if you are taking the bus you should use the octranspo travel planner its pretty good. Google maps is also good to to get an idea of where you are going. Just make sure you also look up how to get back, sometimes taking the same buses in reverse doesnt work, especially later at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom