• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I am finally able to post up the results for the last bi-weekly.

Doubles

1. Team SAUSenic (Arsenic + SAUS)
2. Team KingAce (Buenob + Retlaf)
3. Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
4. Team DeeDeeDeeDidity (D4) (Haze + HiDef)
5. Team Ghey (IvanEva + LaN)
5. Boy Scout Camping Trip (Nukls + PNDMike)
7. Team Epic Win (Joblin + Justin)

Singles

1. SAUS
2. Fox
3. LaN
4. Retlaf
5. Nukls
5. Buenob
7. Fogel
7. IvanEva
9. Linkshot
9. Arsenic
9. Haze
9. HiDef
13. Justin
13. PNDMike

arsenic41

Smash Ace
And as I promised, an updated Randy PR:

RANDY'S PERSONAL OPINION ON THE OTTAWA METAGAME

1.SAUS
2. Fox
3.Buenob
4.Retlaf
5.IvanEva
6.Nukls
7.Fogel
8.Arsenic
9.Haze
10.HiDef

Honorable Mentions:
LaN

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Argh, Harold, I could not make it.

I could pull out all sorts of Johns, but there is no excuse for my failure

*commits seppuku*

I'm not gonna announce my arrivals anymore, I'm just gonna ninja it out there, and be sitting there, and Fogel's like 'WTF U IN MY HOUSE LOCKED' and I'm like 'AM VERY SNEAKY' (kidding)

In order to make up for my failure...megaton....announcement...

GGPO HAS BEEN LICENSED BY CAPCOM IN MULTI-YEAR DEAL

Yea that's right, all that awesome lag free online fighting that Harold's been talking about...Capgod is gonna be using it!!!

In other news, Akuma is now playable in SF4, so be weary of demon hell murder *** rapings!!!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Argh, Harold, I could not make it.

I could pull out all sorts of Johns, but there is no excuse for my failure

*commits seppuku*

I'm not gonna announce my arrivals anymore, I'm just gonna ninja it out there, and be sitting there, and Fogel's like 'WTF U IN MY HOUSE LOCKED' and I'm like 'AM VERY SNEAKY' (kidding)

In order to make up for my failure...megaton....announcement...

GGPO HAS BEEN LICENSED BY CAPCOM IN MULTI-YEAR DEAL

Yea that's right, all that awesome lag free online fighting that Harold's been talking about...Capgod is gonna be using it!!!

In other news, Akuma is now playable in SF4, so be weary of demon hell murder *** rapings!!!
What you are suppose to do is ninja into his house and then eat all of his cheese. Also, I would reconmend an announcement before showing up, we don't want an unexpected full house.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Yeah, I saw that GGPO announment, and was pleased to hear it. I just got off of GGPO right now after having my *** handed to me several times by several people. I find that in fighting games it's almost always pretty clear cut on who's better than who. As well, I'm convinced that either a) I'm the most predictable player on GGPO or b) my opponents are psychic. Seriously. Everything I did was parried to hell and back... and they even seem to land the Shungoukusatsu on me with terrifying ease. :(

Seeing my name go down in the power rankings has actually caused me to strive to get better again (if only to hide my shame of losing so much at Third Strike). Once again, I panicked and switched to another character that wasn't Lucas/Samus/Ness (not that I ever use the latter two...) and paid for it. Next time it'll be Lucas all the way. He's just a young Alex from Third Strike after all! HYPER BOMB *****ES!

Lastly, since tomorrow's Labour Day and thus I'm free for the day, if anyone wants to pop in for some Brawl, Third Strike, Hello Kitty Island Adventure, or whatever other game floats your boat, give me a call/PM/message/carrier pigeon, etc. Or just be like the guys on GGPO and combo me to death...

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I might come over, but It will have tobe after I'm done moving into rez, and since I don't know Harold's number, expected me to unexpectedly show up sometime in the afternoon. Or I might be cool and check out the Ottawa U campus, but oh well.

buenob

Smash Lord
hm... harold i don't know your number either and I could be down with that too... also, it's too bad that you just got into UO 'cause the arcave is gone :( but if you need to know anything around campus this will be my 5th year hangin' around there so I can give you a nudge in the right direction lol

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Fogel, might it be possible for me to swing by your house sometime today very quickly just so I can grab my copy of melee + memory card, or if there is more time I'd like to take everything of mine (Wii + Games + T.V.).

buenob

Smash Lord
wait u guys are at carleton playing right now?? i'm in!! lol

just got back from a bike trip though, so gimme a few minutes to rest (ie response time) and then i'll head out again :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Fogel, might it be possible for me to swing by your house sometime today very quickly just so I can grab my copy of melee + memory card, or if there is more time I'd like to take everything of mine (Wii + Games + T.V.).
I should be around for the rest of the day, just drop by.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
It's getting a bit late (1900) Fogel, but I'm going to see if my mom will drive me over there real quick once she gets back from getting something with my brother. I purchased the spiffy white Japanese GC controller with the 3m cord and it's very smooth. Nice buttons too. I want to see how it stands up to my t3ch ski11z.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ian/Dan/Kevin/Ben: Good luck at University guys, we will miss you! If you guys are around for any given weekend let us know...depending on the weekend I could move the smashfest to Saturday so you guys could make it out.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Its not too late to transfer, now get over over here :p. One thing that annoys me about Ottawa U is that all the signs have french first and english second. Anyways you should consider the shuttle bus idea as according to Andrew there is smash at one of the labs, it would make for a good little break (shuttle bus is free which mainly serves the purpose of going from OU to CU).

Edit: Oh noez, our melee tv is going :(.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hey guys.

Off this topic, I'm gonna bring my cousin to the next fest, if that's alright. He's 14, but we have the same frame of mind, so no different than two of me coming, heh.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey guys.

Off this topic, I'm gonna bring my cousin to the next fest, if that's alright. He's 14, but we have the same frame of mind, so no different than two of me coming, heh.
OH GOD! NOT TWO ALLANS!!!!!

Just kidding, just to let you know, the next smashfest will be for friendlies, the tournaments only happen every other week.

PND

Smash Champion
My crew smashes at Carleton. Awesome, we should play sometime.

I've been gone all weekend so I haven't had time for shoutouts from the biweekly, so here goes:
Linkshot: You're going down next time. :p Hopefully I won't have to stage johns this time, but it was great meeting you,
Harold: You looked busy when I saw you at work last, hopefully you caught my PK Freeze comment. Haha, I loved our Rainbow Cruise match, but I was pretty much out of motivation at that point.
Joblin and Justin: Good doubles match, but watch out picking metaknight against my Falco. He's my metaknight slayer. Just a tip, haha.

Sorry about the last minute cheer squad. I had little say in the matter. :s Women, eh?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Mike, my cousin had the same problem today with Dedede. I laughed XD

Also, I tripped into something that killed me, I think, and I also laughed at that. People need to learn to find things fun instead of going "OMG I COULD'VE WON CURSE YOU SAKURAI"

<.<; Sorry.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I feel good that you guys haven't shunned me yet for the tripping thing I said >.> I want to redeem myself though.

Tripping is situational. It's fun for the spectators in competitive play, fun for party play, and, what would be really hilarious in competitive play, two people rush each other and both trip. I mean, c'mon, gimme an honest opinion on that.

<.< >.> Right then. *hides until the next reply*

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Hey Cam, did I forget my Wiimote there? I can't find it here at home. While I remember having to borrow Mason's Wiimote for a bit I can't remember whether it was because I didn't bring mine or I just couldn't find it. :(

My Wiimote always has a condom on it to prevent it from making any more Wiis (since Wiis suck compared to 360/PS3/cardboard box).

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey Cam, did I forget my Wiimote there? I can't find it here at home. While I remember having to borrow Mason's Wiimote for a bit I can't remember whether it was because I didn't bring mine or I just couldn't find it. :(

My Wiimote always has a condom on it to prevent it from making any more Wiis (since Wiis suck compared to 360/PS3/cardboard box).
I don't remember seeing a Wiimote with the Wii-condom on it lying around. You may want to check your place again.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Looks like metaknight is still top of the tier. Like that was unexpected -_-
yea definitely a given.

I play Snake a lot, and my friend has picked up Meta, and purposely spam's tornado etc. the whole bit.

It really feels as though Meta is head and shoulders above every character, yes even Snake. I've gotten to the point where we go 50/50 against one another, but it always feels like it's an extremely uphill battle to win against him.

He's like a Mosquito, able to buzz all around you, with knockout power...and a sword...who can create tornadoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom