• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
No, Sonic still sucks... When he found the 3rd dimension he lost all common sense, grammar, and is in a constant inebriated state. He just 'thinks' he's fast.

munroe

Smash Rookie
It's full anyway, but I won't be able to make anything this week. I signed the final paperwork today, and I'm getting the keys to my first house tomorrow. So I won't be able to do anything until at least next week.

Have fun everybody! Somebody play as Ness in a friendly to keep my spirit alive. hahaha.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Rawr! I've been training most of the day, and my Lucario is ready to tear up the floor!...and then fall through it XD But, seriously, I'm ready. First time I've played Brawl offline in a 1v1 against somebody that isn't my cousin :D

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Sooo... Fogel, I was by your house today (around 1930 on August the 28th) but nothing was on. I finally have my internet working so I figured I'd check to see when it was actually on. When's the next smashfest? The 29th?

Regardless, I'M BACK IN OTTAWA. Woo hoo! If there is anything anyone wants me to bring from now on to the smashfests, just ask. I currently have: 3 T.V.'s, 1 Wii, 1 GameCube, 1 Melee, 1 Brawl, 1 spare GC controller, and 2 Wiimotes + Nunchaku's (as well as batteries). I'm also a ~15 min bus ride away and once my bike comes up here I'll be bking there (hopefully in about the same amount of time if not shorter). Rawr.

Oh yeah, I can bring 5 magic decks, all of which suck (though I must say my Treefolk deck isn't bad for a noob) and I can bring my 2 competitive level Yu-Gi-Oh! decks as well as my other 6 or so in-progress/fun decks if anyone wants to play Yu-Gi-Oh! with me. I can also lug my OVER 9000!!!!!! card-pile-thingy-though-not-really-'cause-they're-all-organized-in-a-box.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Wow XD I haven't played trading cards in a long time, and sorta forgot how to play them, too. Especially Yugioh. I have ONE Magic Booster pack, but that's it. I have lots of the PokeCrack, though XD Well, not lots. Mostly Base Set stuff (ooollllld). I'll bring Wiimote+Nunchuk, Kirby Air Ride, 3 GCN controllers (one will be used by me). Not gonna bring my Wii unless there's carpeting or a shelf. Def not bringing my 13" TV XD Sorry.

I'm bringing my DS, Meteos, Metroid Prime Hunters, and I GUESS Pokemon Pearl with me. Oh, yeah. Laptop's coming too :3 I guess that's all...

flash7

Smash Journeyman
The smashfest is generally bring you own controller, so the extra controllers might not be needed but its upto you. Also those who can should bring a wii, dont expect someone else to bring one or no one will end up bringing one. Just letting you all know since its been a while since we had a full house and trying to get through it all with 1 or 2 wiis is gonna be hell. Although that may just leave me with more time to play melee in between matches :p.

See you guys tomorrow!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
The smashfest is generally bring you own controller, so the extra controllers might not be needed but its upto you. Also those who can should bring a wii, dont expect someone else to bring one or no one will end up bringing one. Just letting you all know since its been a while since we had a full house and trying to get through it all with 1 or 2 wiis is gonna be hell. Although that may just leave me with more time to play melee in between matches :p.

See you guys tomorrow!
What's this I see? A person who wants to play melee? Count me in!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Ok, first off, 1:20am isn't morning. It's night. No, no arguing! If the sun's not out it's night, dammit! If that's not the case than all Castlevanias take place in the "morning" and that's just not very cool. Symphony of the Morning!? **** that!

Second, I'd put myself below Retlaf now. Not only has a lack of playing Brawl dulled my Brawl instincts but constant Street Fightering (go GGPO!) will insure that I suck royally at Brawl from here on in as I try to parry everything and then tell myself that the reason it doesn't work is because of the lag. :urg:

Suo: I hope you make it for the biweekly. I wasn't too sure if I'd come or not but if you're coming than I'm definitly in. IV isn't out yet but I'll bring another game you might enjoy if you come early enough (so there's a TV available). I hope you like parrying.

More than Suo, IAN: Dude, you're about to be shipped off to some other country! You HAVE to come to this Smashfest! Have to! If you don't come I will kill myself by strangling myself on my Gamecube controller cord. No, better yet, I'll strangle myself with my Wiimote! Yes, I can do that. It'll be in the news and everything! My Roy is hungry for some turkey and my Lucas wants to pick some school yard fights!
I actually just noticed this...JOHNS!

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
srsly.

I play SWR every minute of my non-brawling life, and still kick ***!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sooo... Fogel, I was by your house today (around 1930 on August the 28th) but nothing was on. I finally have my internet working so I figured I'd check to see when it was actually on. When's the next smashfest? The 29th?
Yes, the 29th (today).

Wow XD I haven't played trading cards in a long time, and sorta forgot how to play them, too. Especially Yugioh. I have ONE Magic Booster pack, but that's it. I have lots of the PokeCrack, though XD Well, not lots. Mostly Base Set stuff (ooollllld). I'll bring Wiimote+Nunchuk, Kirby Air Ride, 3 GCN controllers (one will be used by me). Not gonna bring my Wii unless there's carpeting or a shelf. Def not bringing my 13" TV XD Sorry.

I'm bringing my DS, Meteos, Metroid Prime Hunters, and I GUESS Pokemon Pearl with me. Oh, yeah. Laptop's coming too :3 I guess that's all...
That's a lot of stuff to bring; since there's a tournament today, there probably won't be time to use much of that stuff. The Wiis will pretty much be on Brawl the whole time, guaranteed.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Thanks for the reply Fogel. Can't wait to show you guys my Kirby skillz after not playing for a month or two or three :p

Asides from a few small things I'll be bringing, should I bring my Wii and T.V.?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thanks for the reply Fogel. Can't wait to show you guys my Kirby skillz after not playing for a month or two or three :p

Asides from a few small things I'll be bringing, should I bring my Wii and T.V.?
The Wii yes, but don't bother bringing a TV since we already have 4 here (you still have your $10 TV here, remember?).

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh, so that's where it went to. I was wondering why it wasn't at my cottage :p

All righty then, I'll bring my Wii + Brawl + Yugimanz + MTG stuffs. See you shortly before or after 1700 then.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
That's a lot of stuff to bring; since there's a tournament today, there probably won't be time to use much of that stuff. The Wiis will pretty much be on Brawl the whole time, guaranteed.
Hm, you're right, heh. I'll just bring a controller, my DS, Meteos, and my Laptop. Yeah, was going overboard. Overanticipation.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright guys, I have a proposition.

we can start the bi-weekly an hour earlier in order to fit in a Crew tournament at the start of the tournament. The entry fee will be 2$ per person in a crew, so your crew entry fee will be # of ppl x 2.

WHO IS WILLING TO DO THIS?

buenob

Smash Lord
i've gotta get out of there by midnight at the latest so i'm not gonna bring my decks this week since I'm hoping to be in the grand finals at the end ;) (and if not I'll have to jet, sorry to be unsociable but a friend is leaving town)... next time though, prepare yourself :D

ps. I think i have some new spacing mindgames to try out against you flash7, I just hope they work lol

buenob

Smash Lord
due to time I have to say i'm down for starting the hour earlier but I wont be participating in the 'crew' battle... next time i'm down

buenob

Smash Lord
sorry for taking off before it was over, if I didn't have this other engagement I would have stayed... saus, for reals, ****in' play marth... you've got a good thing going there and your ike just doesn't cut it against a good oponent... i think ike is the new captain falcon...

anyways, about 13 shots into the night so i hope that made sense but i had a blast and I am disappointed with my showing so you guys had better bet that I'll be coming for you next week...

LaN -- freaking awesome toon link... when i get around your bombs and uairs i'll beat you, but until then I think you have the advantage

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Fogel, thanks for letting me in to play. It was a great night.

To be honest, I wanted some refreshments but was afraid to ask. XD

PNDMike, hopefully we'll get a fair rematch next time. I'm unsure if I would have won if it wasn't for the stage johns.

LaN, great job winning the tourney. Your Toon Link is amazing and I hope to fight it again.

For all of you that wanted to see the Hacked Brawl Character Database, here it is: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190999

All in all, great tourney, and I hope to see you next time. I should get myself some breakfast now XD

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Ian: You forgot your grad picture here...guess I'll give it back to you in December :/
Actually, that is mine...I'll get it next time I see you.

results and an updated PR will be up as soon as I finnish packing for Uni.

Great tourny guys, it was fun.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1: Breakfast is for the weak! Real men starve themselves! *continues eating pancakes as he's typing...*

2: Ian/LaN didn't win the tournament. I did. What's that you say? If I won, why didn't I come in first? Well, I may not have won bracket wise but I won in spirit! That's more important!

3: Farewell to all you university kids, especially those that didn't come tonight (Kevin, Daniel, Ben...).

4: Jobin, how the hell did you ninja your way in AND out? You didn't even say 'bye' or anything!

5: PNDMike, that PK Freeze kill was the highlight of my day. :)

7: Algonquin college's math programs teach me real good.

8: Thanks, as always, to Cameron for hosting us and Randy for organizing the bi-weekly.

9: Nice to meet you Alan. Next time I'll bring my 'A+ game" and trounce you all!

10: I'll get you next time Dererk. Next time!

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Well, this sounds like a joy! I'm sure my ride will come 2 hours early and will be a party killer, drama causer, and after the drama I'll get to stay.

And I'm bringing Kirby Air Ride! That's that. Oh yeah. And Meteos. Who here has Metroid Prime Hunters? I haven't played that in so long and it would be cool to Multiplayer it again.
I used to play MPH competitively and was 99 in the world at one point :D
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, you know my problem :< I don't know If I'll ever be able to make it to a smashfest D: Unless I ninja in and out of my house.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Want me to give your mother a call to prove to her we're all safe? Heck, how about we all try to call her to show her that we're no different from you? :D
I told her that it was safe, but then she was like "Predators lure people into their houses and **** them it's not safe"
I was like >.>
:(
I'll try to tell my brother,f maybe he'll make my mom believe me.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Awesome bi-weekly guys. Nice to have so much competition. Those leaving for school, I miss you already :p.

"Predators lure people into their houses and **** them it's not safe"
It wouldnt really make sense to do that at your own house since youd be pretty easy to find :p. Although I understand where shes coming from, shes just concerned for your well being.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
It wouldnt really make sense to do that at your own house since youd be pretty easy to find :p. Although I understand where shes coming from, shes just concerned for your well being.
Yeah, she obviously doesn't want you playing video games.

Krantastic

Smash Rookie
2: Ian/LaN didn't win the tournament. I did. What's that you say? If I won, why didn't I come in first? Well, I may not have won bracket wise but I won in spirit! That's more important!

3: Farewell to all you university kids, especially those that didn't come tonight (Kevin, Daniel, Ben...).!
Hooroar! I owe thanks to Harold's friends for introducing us to Munchkin, yay! And thanks Cam too for hosting the epic smashfests! See you guys later. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom