• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Your initiation powers are so incredible even you have not returned? What Hell-cursed place awaits me? Oh well, good thing I have a bank loan. I even acquired a second bank loan to help me with my Grammar. Amazing what a bank loan will do for you, though the third bank loan to pay off my first two bank loans worries me...

That's okay, I'll just get another bank loan to pay it off!

Poor poor Martha, er, Fan. I hope we didn't give him a bad impression. One should always know of the importance of bank loans however.
True Story.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Banks and their loans are evil. Take my Visa for instance: as I was putting it away into my bus pass yesterday (which is NOT a suitable replacement for a wallet) the back of the bus pass burst, dropping a lot of my cards, including my Visa. Of course, I just so happened to be walking into an elevator at the time. My Visa was the unfortunate one (that I could tell) to fall into the elevator crack.

Orlando: If I knew that 3s was going to be there I would have quit work right then and there and ran to Montreal!

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
This is SICK, first munroe, coolza, and now linkshot! For sure you guys must all make it to every smashfest ever (pm Fogel for details, as was said earlier).

Wish you could have made it, Harold. FFYF was hella awesome. Did anyone mention that Orlando and I came 9th in singles? =D (hey, I think it's worthy of applause... (at least compared to some of us who thinks jobs are more important (like come on)))

arsenic41

Smash Ace
So I probably shouldn't give you the initiation process... I sort of drove one guy crazy and never returned... good times.
WE drove one guy crazy.

So just to get things striaght:
1.Smashfest on thursday
2.no bi-weekly this week

anything I'm missing? And also, if this week is not a bi-weekly week, then next week won't be either because I'm working and since i work every other week, then I would miss every bi-weekly:(. So the next bi-weekly (if not this week) will be next next week.

also...CONGRATULATIONS RETLAF AND BUENOB

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I host the Bi-weeklies :p, so I'm just giving a heads up that the next bi-weekly will take place next next week if not this week

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Thursday will be hosted by Fogel, correct?

If I can make it, is there anything I should bring? My Wii...not going anywhere, nuh-uh. Took it down to Nova Scotia, kicked it over by accident. Now it sounds like a cicada. I have 3 controllers I can bring (a snazzy orange one, too). I have a fancy Wiimote jacket (Varia Suit). Uhm, I can bring games like Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart Wii. >.> I have Meteos for the DS, if anybody is interested in playing that with me.

Request things! I'll see if I have them :D

flash7

Smash Journeyman
All we really ask is too bring wii's, there are 3 tvs although only one wii at Fogel's house. If you cant bring one dont worry about it. Just to clarify, unless specifically noted almost all get togethers happen at Fogels whether its a regular smashfest or biweekly. Randy simply hosts/organizes the bi-weeklies.

Also Im very happy with our 9th place. Next time I need to take atleast a match off one of the toronto guys, got 2-0d every set I played against them :(.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll still take requests though. Also, I'm kinda shy in person, so it'll take some time for me to warm up. Don't wanna say something wrong and alienate myself.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
If I can make it, is there anything I should bring?
Basically it's BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) and if you want to bring anything else it's up to you. Some people will bring a Wii or TV from time to time and when we know it will be busy. Seeing how there will be a couple new people coming we might need a Wii or TV from someone, maybe not.

I haven't played Brawl in about 2 weeks so this 'Friendlies' Smashfest shall be interesting.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll still take requests though. Also, I'm kinda shy in person, so it'll take some time for me to warm up. Don't wanna say something wrong and alienate myself.
If you say something stupid people will remember you and you'll probably fit in better. At first people might seem very unapproachable but it's not that way at all. you just have to talk and throw yourself into a match.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Haha, that was so me when I first started (and still is to an extent). For the most part everybody's very liberal and there's very little ethnic diversity so slightly 'low brow' jokes can be made and such. If you're ever playing at my apartment feel free to insult whatever/whoever/anything you can think of. It's all part of the game. :)

On that note, I can't make it for Thursday but if anyone's up for hanging out playing here at my apartment on Friday give me a message on msn (ivaneva@hotmail.com - Andrew, how come you haven't added me yet!?), PM, or post.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I unfortunately work from 5-10 on Thursday, so if its going to be the Thursday, I will not be able to make it :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
fogel come to toronto and smash with us i don't know why you would because we don't have any tourneys anymore and frenchies won't travel/are saving money for CAST but do it anyways out of love.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Since its 1:20 am in the morning and I have nothing to do...I might as well post this up.

RANDY'S PERSONAL OPINION ON THE OTTAWA METAGAME!power ranking

1.SAUS
2.IvanEva
3.Buenob
4.Fox
5.Retlaf
6.LaN
7.Arsenic
8.Fogel
9.Zylem
10.Haze

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Once again, I'll be at the bottom! Woo hoo!

With a clarified list, I do feel motivated to become better though. Tomorrow, playing Brawl for the first time in months. After that, beating Chu Dat in a Kirby ditto! RAWR! (It's a long 'After that')

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
MINI SMASHFEST ON FRIDAY
Not at Fogel's House but mine.

For anyone who wants to play Brawl and whatnot on Friday, come to my place. I am hosting a small Smashfest and I want everyone who wants to come to come. I have 2 TVs and 2 Wiis so about 8 ppl max. Same thing as Fogel where it starts at 5pm.

Harold, instead of people going to your little apt, come to mine.

Anyone interested please reply or PM. If you need directions on how to get to my place (its REALLY simple to find) just PM me. I live right beside Algonquin College.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa, hold on guys, I didn't say the smashfest was going to be on Thursday for sure. In fact, my family isn't leaving until Saturday morning, so the smashfest will be on Friday as usual.

Bunch of responses that I should have multiquoted but forgot:

- Randy, I didn't realize you were working every second weekend, so you can host a biweekly if you want. Wouldn't want the schedule to get out of whack.
- I will probably be playing in singles again because I'm more interested in Brawl again for some reason. Andrew and Harold, I'm coming for you!
- I don't think Fan has even posted here in a while, you guys really did scare him off somehow, lol.
- New people: Please bring Wiis, people are often lazy and don't bring wiis and then we have only 1 or 2 setups for like 12 people (although it means some of us can just go and play Melee instead). If you need my address PM me, I don't want to post it directly in the thread. Linkshot, I replied to your PM already.
- David: If I'm in Toronto again I'll let you guys know for sure :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Woops, sorry about the whole "smashfest on Thursday".

Anyways, I would rather have a bi-weekly this week, but is everyone else intreste...since you guys just got back from FFYF. Please reply.

new ppl too, you guys can register if you guys want, the past bi-weeklies have been kinda low on attendents, we need some people to show up.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright, since 2 of the possible 8 are showing up...it is completely valid to throw a bi-weekly with only 25 percent of the population agreeing to one:

Hence without further ado, Bi-weekly stuffs:

Participants (singles, 0 spots left):
Arsenic
SAUS
Fogel
Fox
PNDMike
Nukls
Haze
HiDEF
Buenob
Retlaf
IvanEva
Linkshot
Suo
Joblin
Justin
LaN

Doubles:
Team SAUSenic (Arsenic + SAUS)
Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
Team Boyscout Camping TRIP! ( Knuckles + PNDMike)
Team ? (Haze + HiDEF)
Team KINGACE (Buenob + Retlaf)

Other people considering entering will have to post on SWF by Friday.

Stages (These will not change until the next bi-weekly):

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (Doubles)
Brinstar - Melee
Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Distant Planet

Banned:
Hanenbow
Corneria - Melee (Singles)
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Onett - Melee
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Green Greens - Melee
Pirate Ship
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Entry Fee:
-$3 per person for singles
-$4 per team for doubles

Rules:
-Standard 3 stock 7 minute matches, Bo3 for bracket matches, Bo5 for semi-finals and finals and Grand Finals.
-Johns will lead to inevitable taunting (do so at your own risk).
-Victory dances are allowed, but you will look silly, so do so at your own expense.
-Any mention of Marth being a guy will be revoked of taunting rights, and will be laughed at (<3 Fan).
-High intrest bank loans compounded hourly are neccessary for competing (again...<3 Fan).
-Any burn mentioning a forefeit will win a gold star in my heart.

IMPORTANT NOTE

the tournament will start at 7:00 in hopes of ending soon enough to get a doubles started, so get yo ***** to Cam's by that time participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom