• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenob

Smash Lord
haha well, waiting on mike + crew to show but orlando retlaf and munroe are here

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Nice meeting you, Scott! It's unfortunate you weren't around for the 1v1s, but I'm sure you'll get PLENTY of those at FFYF (if you end up coming (hopefully)).

Also, I wouldn't mind at all smashing at your place, adam. It's too bad you couldn't make it.

SHOUTOUTS:

OMG I NEED TO BEAT YOU 100% OF THE TIME ORLANDO WATS GOING ON WITH ME

and to Ben for hosting. :D

Coolza

Smash Cadet
lol now that I think about it, playing smash at my house wouldn't be bad at all xD
'Cause my mom will know that you guys aren;t predators (oh god >__>) and we get to smash.
I have a big TV in my basement (Not HD), and I can bring my TV down.. But you guys will need to bring a Wii (if there's a lot), and controllers, because I only have 1 GC controller.
I'll ask my mom if this is ok.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol ya, the more i play you orlando, the better at beating me you get... it's forcing me to realize my bad habits and the only times i beat you i am mixing things up on the fly... tonnes of fun

thanks to everyone who came out, I'm glad we didn't creep out scott too much lol

if people want i can host again tomorrow, not like it really takes much to do lol... i would definitely like to get a few more 1-1 and 2-2s in (we spent a lot of time with ffa's)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Orlando possesses the legendary 'One True Style'. He'll adapt to anything. HOWEVER, can he see why kids love Cinammon Toast Crunch!? Nope, didn't think so.

Coolza: Yes, hosting your own Smashfest may be the best way to alleviate your mother's worries. Typically, bringing your own controller is always assumed so you wouldn't have to worry about that. As for Wii's, just state how many you'll need and I'm sure they'll be brought. What would be a good day for you?

Team Ottawa: Go kick some Smash *** guys! I think it's because I couldn't get the tournament weekend off at work that I've been pretty bummed out/disinterested concerning Smash lately. You guys all have to win (Orlando comes first, Ben second, Andrew Third, etc.) so that when you get back and I then cream you guys it'll be as if I myself had just won the entire tournament. :laugh:

Coolza

Smash Cadet
If 3 people come, then no one needs to bring a Wii, but if more, then I someone would have to bring one so we wouldn't have to do rotation.
That is, if you guys wanna do FFAs, if you wanna do 1v1s, then a 2nd Wii would be needed for 3 people.

Any day is good for me right now, except for Saturday (might be going to the Ex lol).

Didn't ask my mom yet, but I will tomorrow .

PND

Smash Champion
Highlight of the night: Scott and I's team match against you.

I get eliminated, you 9 your partner. Scott comes in with the back throw for the win. I couldn't even touch your ROB tonight, godspeed at FFYF

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
I probably wont want to play again tonight. I think I need a break or I'll crash for the tourney.

munroe

Smash Rookie
Yeah tons of fun guys. I'll be able to stay later once I'm living in the city(a week today).

That 2 vs 2 with Mike was hilarious. I know the G & W's weren't really trying, but it was still funny as hell.

I've got some practicing to do, for certain.

-------------------------

Bad news on the Montreal trip. I won't be able to make it. My buddy is feelin' pretty ill and doesn't want to get all the way out there, and have to come back home early. We'll make the next one for sure though. We need some practice anyway.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for hosting Ben. Nice meeting and playing all of you. The matches with your Rob are pretty fun, they really test my ability to space so I can get that tipper :p. Also nice to see some some other characters in use like pit, ness, luigi, zelda, and falco. GGs.

Cameron: Do I meet you at your house at 8 tomorrow as well?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i'm a big vgcats fan, i knew you weren't insane ;)

coolza -- you may want to specify the max number of people, as 8 showed up last night

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
I can get a ride to Cam's saturday morning. I'll pick you up on the way, ben.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Harold that Captain Falcon thing is awesome. Unfortunately its never happened to be because I've never lost. Ever!

I was in Toronto yesterday and saw a blue jays game. it was really boring because in the 3rd inning they forfeit the game. But seriously, Toronto is just a bigger, dirtier, less green and over populated Ottawa. Oh and I played Gears of War 2 with/against Cliff Bleszinski. For those who don't know he's the Lead Designer on the Gears of War series, basically the creator. Also played Guitar Hero 4 and Rockband 2 amongst other games coming out for the xbox360.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thanks for hosting Ben. Nice meeting and playing all of you. The matches with your Rob are pretty fun, they really test my ability to space so I can get that tipper :p. Also nice to see some some other characters in use like pit, ness, luigi, zelda, and falco. GGs.

Cameron: Do I meet you at your house at 8 tomorrow as well?
Yes.

Harold that Captain Falcon thing is awesome. Unfortunately its never happened to be because I've never lost. Ever!

I was in Toronto yesterday and saw a blue jays game. it was really boring because in the 3rd inning they forfeit the game. But seriously, Toronto is just a bigger, dirtier, less green and over populated Ottawa. Oh and I played Gears of War 2 with/against Cliff Bleszinski. For those who don't know he's the Lead Designer on the Gears of War series, basically the creator. Also played Guitar Hero 4 and Rockband 2 amongst other games coming out for the xbox360.
lol @ Toronto stuff. That's cool that you got to play CliffyB, were you able to beat him? :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Good times at the tourney guys. For those who didn't know, Andrew and Ben got 3rd in teams, good job!

Also, it looks like I will probably be going out of town for the long weekend, so I may have to push the smashfest back to Thursday this week. It depends when my family wants to leave though, I'll keep you guys posted. I think this week should be a non-biweekly week since we just went to a big tourney already.

munroe

Smash Rookie
Good times at the tourney guys. For those who didn't know, Andrew and Ben got 3rd in teams, good job!

Also, it looks like I will probably be going out of town for the long weekend, so I may have to push the smashfest back to Thursday this week. It depends when my family wants to leave though, I'll keep you guys posted. I think this week should be a non-biweekly week since we just went to a big tourney already.
That sounds good for me. I'm moving on Friday, so thursday is a no-go for me, but I'll be good to go next week. Can't wait to get some real matches in.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I'm new and live on Old Riverside, near Hurdman Station. I've been frequenting in the IRC channel for a while now, so I am halfway up-to-date. I main ROB and need more practice with him.
So, yeah. I hope to continue frequenting here. ^^

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Good times indeed. Harold you missed out, too bad you couldnt come. There was even some 3s there, I got ***** lol. Although ill use controller johns since I couldnt get my guy to go forward all the time. Sometimes he would jump instead :(. Looking at the results it doesnt seem like Ottawa did too bad, although we were missing Saus in the brackets.

Welcome Linkshot, we have get togethers also known as smashfests at Fogel's house. If you ask him nicely im sure he will let you attend :). PM him for details. Also just curious, how old are you?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Thanks for the welcome, Flash. ^^ I'm 18, but I'm still living with parents, so it's kinda bleh because I don't even have my social insurance number yet. I can talk about it more, but I'd be rambling. It would be nice to get out of the apartment, heh. I can bring Kirby Air Ride to kick back, if I come \o/ I could prolly drag my cousin, rc80, with me, too. We have a lot of videos on YouTube :D

Anyway, thanks again, and I'll definitely look into joining.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Hey Linkshot, I'm Coolza. I'm pretty new myself too :D
Hurdman station? Cool, you're probably the closest living to me, I can easily take the 84 to Hurdman.
Btw, Fogel, can I come to the next Smashfest? :D

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I can easily take the 84 to Hurdman.
That's awesome :D My cousin lives on Avenue R. If you're ever in that area and hear loud squawking (more specifically: BREET!), yeah, that's Polly. Well, his mother lives there, his father...out in Vanier, can't remember the street.
Anyway, it'd be cool to have a new friend to Brawl and stuff with. Nice meeting you!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Are you still in high school, or in uni/college?
Bit of a story behind that. I'm homeschooled. Went through psychological issues that drove me away from school for a while.
20 minutes seems like a while, unless that includes waiting for the bus. Also not sure where Blohm is, but I can look it up on Google.

This thread is awesome >D

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Bit of a story behind that. I'm homeschooled. Went through psychological issues that drove me away from school for a while.
So I probably shouldn't give you the initiation process... I sort of drove one guy crazy and never returned... good times.

This thread is awesome >D
If you really say so, lol.

Fogel: It was a 5 on 5 or something like that. I think I killed CliffyB once...

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So I probably shouldn't give you the initiation process... I sort of drove one guy crazy and never returned... good times.
Your initiation powers are so incredible even you have not returned? What Hell-cursed place awaits me? Oh well, good thing I have a bank loan. I even acquired a second bank loan to help me with my Grammar. Amazing what a bank loan will do for you, though the third bank loan to pay off my first two bank loans worries me...

That's okay, I'll just get another bank loan to pay it off!

Poor poor Martha, er, Fan. I hope we didn't give him a bad impression. One should always know of the importance of bank loans however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom