• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Just to have a date set, I'll say the next one will be Friday, March 2nd. If anyone has any problems with that day, post and let me know. Also, SSB64 will probably also have to be BYOC (controller); I only have 2 and 1 of them has a slightly messed up control stick. I had 2 other controllers, but they're at a friend's place who I haven't seen in 3 or 4 years :(

tect

Smash Journeyman
ok ok ok sososo

cam zac eric, we need to finalize arrangements. we should be comfortable in arriving in montreal, say, be able to walk into the church at 10 30. that gives us time to do wtvr, like eat. hah. so that means we leave from ottawa no later than 8ish in case of a stop. k, i feel like i've said too much. this should be cam's domain. takers? ... ... tough crowd...

Fogel

Smash Lord
ok ok ok sososo

cam zac eric, we need to finalize arrangements. we should be comfortable in arriving in montreal, say, be able to walk into the church at 10 30. that gives us time to do wtvr, like eat. hah. so that means we leave from ottawa no later than 8ish in case of a stop. k, i feel like i've said too much. this should be cam's domain. takers? ... ... tough crowd...
I'm sure you're already been told by this point, but I'm picking you guys up from Zac's at 8:30.

Fogel

Smash Lord
OK, given that right now there are a grand total of 0 replies indicating any interest, I'm gonna have to cancel the smashfest scheduled this friday. I'll have another one later.

Dice

Smash Lord
Or because we want to take a break from smash for a bit? Why would you smash a week right after a 13 hour tournament?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Or because we want to take a break from smash for a bit? Why would you smash a week right after a 13 hour tournament?
I like to play my day-a-week of smash, despite the tourney just happening. Also there are some people who didn't go to STYD2 who may have wanted to play. Regardless, I may be busy this Friday so I probably would have had to cancel the smashfest anyway.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'll try this again...anyone down for a smashfest on the 9th (this coming Friday)? I want to try new stuff with my ICs :p

edit: I have tect's SSBM disc held hostage! Mwahaha!

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
hopefully this time I'll pass my G2 test, its on thurs, and get the car. If I get the car, I'd be more than happy to bring 2 tvs again, and my Wii. Otherwise I'll be just as happy not doing such a big shlep. I should probably try to pic a main so I can do at least ok with him, I have been shifting between probably 8-10 characters! I can do fox's double lazers, and doc's up-b cancel. Not consistent, but they are fun to practice. I want to work on double, and triple shining, so I can infinite derek, he hates it so dam much hehehe. Ian says he may be leaving to go, somewhere friday but 'everything is up in the air still' says ian. Derek is getting excited. Is it on for sure yet?

Fogel

Smash Lord
hopefully this time I'll pass my G2 test, its on thurs, and get the car. If I get the car, I'd be more than happy to bring 2 tvs again, and my Wii. Otherwise I'll be just as happy not doing such a big shlep. I should probably try to pic a main so I can do at least ok with him, I have been shifting between probably 8-10 characters! I can do fox's double lazers, and doc's up-b cancel. Not consistent, but they are fun to practice. I want to work on double, and triple shining, so I can infinite derek, he hates it so dam much hehehe. Ian says he may be leaving to go, somewhere friday but 'everything is up in the air still' says ian. Derek is getting excited. Is it on for sure yet?
Yeah, it's on for sure. Good luck with your G2 test! Btw, don't go above the speed limit ever or you'll fail.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
and stop behind all the lines, and don't stop on crosswalks, and don't hit anyone... and the list goes on.. I'm out to practice my driving a lot tonight. Also I decided I'm going to main fox until the fest.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I think everyone coming to the smashfest this time knows how to get to my place...let me know if you don't. As for the time, it's the same deal as last smashfest, don't show up before 5 because I might not be home yet.

Damax

Smash Lord
I think everyone coming to the smashfest this time knows how to get to my place...let me know if you don't. As for the time, it's the same deal as last smashfest, don't show up before 5 because I might not be home yet.
I'd have came if only it was that late, if only I didn't had that much homework, if only there were more love.if only I'd have my car fixed, peace.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Fogel: Rofl @ smash64. I can bring 2 controllers if you want :p

Is this correct: Friday, March 9th there's a smash-fest at your place after 1700? If so I'll definitely be there with a cube?

Phrozn: If you want a main, Falcon is definitely a good char. Edge-guard falcon punch = too good jk :p

But yeah, I'm up for a smash-fest this Friday, just got back from a 5-day convention in Toronto so I'm rusty but not doing anything. Gogogo lieing to teachers saying I'm gone for 7 days :D

Fogel

Smash Lord
Fogel: Rofl @ smash64. I can bring 2 controllers if you want :p

Is this correct: Friday, March 9th there's a smash-fest at your place after 1700? If so I'll definitely be there with a cube?
Yeah, the details are correct. Those 2 extra N64 controllers would be appreciated!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
My parents are leaving for our cottage before I'll be leaving for your place so I'm in a little bit of a predicament (sp). To get to your place I need to take the bus, that's fine but to get back, will the buses still be running that late? Or will anyone be able to give me a lift? It doesn't have to be right at my doorstep but turning an 8 hour walk into a 30 minute walk would be a lot better.

Fogel

Smash Lord
We MAY be able to get some matches recorded at this smashfest, if anyone's interested (ssbm and/or ssb64). Hopefully I can get the video capture working in time :)

My parents are leaving for our cottage before I'll be leaving for your place so I'm in a little bit of a predicament (sp). To get to your place I need to take the bus, that's fine but to get back, will the buses still be running that late? Or will anyone be able to give me a lift? It doesn't have to be right at my doorstep but turning an 8 hour walk into a 30 minute walk would be a lot better.
On weeknights the 118 runs until about 1am, that will get you to Billings Bridge, which is pretty close to the Glebe. If you need to take another bus from billings, check how late it runs...generally most buses run until at least midnight on weekdays.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Fun times at Fogels. I just need a lot more experience and I should become a worthy opponent. :) Wish others had showed up, oh well.

UnclePepe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a new Smasher (I actually live in Gatineau but w/e, I can take the bus) and I just wanted to know where you guys hang at? I'd really like playing other people than Wak and some other guys who beasts me all the time. :(

And yeah, I mostly play 2D fighters but I'm trying to branch out to Smash and GNT4. I like 'em.

Damax

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm a new Smasher (I actually live in Gatineau but w/e, I can take the bus) and I just wanted to know where you guys hang at? I'd really like playing other people than Wak and some other guys who beasts me all the time. :(

And yeah, I mostly play 2D fighters but I'm trying to branch out to Smash and GNT4. I like 'em.
get to montreal beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom