• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Cbone definately needs to move to Toronto, and play me in some ****ing friendlies LOLL!

How's Phrozn/Daniel doing? I don't see him much on the OTT thread. Also, how about Saus?

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
Cbone definately needs to move to Toronto, and play me in some ****ing friendlies LOLL!

How's Phrozn/Daniel doing? I don't see him much on the OTT thread. Also, how about Saus?
Phrozn has left the smash scene. He plays from time to time, but isn't serious about brawl. He likes melee much more. SAUS has left melee=(. Plays it for fun, but would rather play brawl. I'm in waterloo next year so if there are any tourneys, maybe i'll come up.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Phrozn has left the smash scene. He plays from time to time, but isn't serious about brawl. He likes melee much more. SAUS has left melee=(. Plays it for fun, but would rather play brawl. I'm in waterloo next year so if there are any tourneys, maybe i'll come up.
you and phrozn should marry

then get a car

and drive off into the sunset

with sexy music and strippers in the background

and then buttsecks

and then an angry divorce settlement involving 3 adopted kids at least two of which are asian

and then you should go over to phrozn's house because you're angry about losing the custody battle, kill him, realize you still have feelings and then kill yourself

and then realize it was all a dream.

and by that i of course mean you should come down and play smash with us.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Metaknight is at Waterloo, so is Sanuzi. Both are melee > brawl players.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I'm in waterloo next year.
Aw, that sucks. The Lucas/***balls rivalry has been pretty fun. It'll be a shame to see you leave later on. Actually, now that I think about it, most of the Smashfest goers are in high school right now, right? It'll be interesting to see who's still there in the fall.

Krantastic

Smash Rookie
That was fun! I got some new names (It's Kevin btw) to faces (and shirts). Nice meeting you, Fan! I am confident you're well on your way to financial security (did we mention the benefits of a bank-loan?). See you guys probably next week!

PS: SAUS and Arsen are staying in-town, and will be the people in our High-School-aged group remaining to own it up. And, of course, our clones. They should be walking and talking by Fall.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Good stuffs guys, I wish my T.V. wasn't ghetto >_>

I'm here for a few more years (at least 1) and if worse comes to worse I'll play only melee, but I do like brawl so it'll be both for me. Who knows, maybe I'll break out the 360 and have some Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix as well ^_^

IvanEva

Smash Ace
...Looks like I need practice. XD Sorry for letting the Chrono Avatar down... I'll train hard for next week... er... except unless it's moved to thursday, I'll be working. ._. *sigh* We'll see I guess.
Well, Crono DID die at one point in the game so it's not too bad. :laugh:

I can't remember playing against you or even watching you play so I can't comment on how you did but next time I'll at least try to help you with how to beat Lucases (losing with Lucas is my specialty :ohwell:).

Kevin: Yes! First Facebook and now Smashboards! We'll be Best Friends Forever soon enough! :laugh: Your Diddy didn't rocket spike me this time (single best way to die in Brawl)but they were still some good matches. Nobody spanks monkey as much as Lucas!

Who knows, maybe I'll break out the 360 and have some Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix as well ^_^
HELL MOTHER****ING YES! My Vega (claw) will mess you up in HD! It's no SFIII but I'll still play SFII any day!

By the way, Cameron, how'd you like our final super mega epic battle to end all battles? Have I convinced you to change your tournament to being all free for alls with items on high? LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! :laugh:

SuperChibiRandom

Smash Rookie
Well, Crono DID die at one point in the game so it's not too bad. :laugh:

I can't remember playing against you or even watching you play so I can't comment on how you did but next time I'll at least try to help you with how to beat Lucases (losing with Lucas is my specialty :ohwell:).
Yeah... I'm hoping by some great twist of fate I can go next friday (maybe I can swap shifts with someone, but with a closing shift, it's doubtful) or it will be swapped to thursday, but anyway, I'll be there when I can... meantime, I'll have to train with my WiFi friends... WiFi is so useful in brawl... as long as you can evade the lag.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Can't make this friday, hope everyone has a good time!

Check out this ridiculous trick you can do to Snake with Metaknight (also works with Kirby) super situational but pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmRoAz_4CQ
Wow, that's pretty crazy! I may have to use that on all those Snakes who keep going around placing high in tourneys :p

That was fun! I got some new names (It's Kevin btw) to faces (and shirts). Nice meeting you, Fan! I am confident you're well on your way to financial security (did we mention the benefits of a bank-loan?). See you guys probably next week!

PS: SAUS and Arsen are staying in-town, and will be the people in our High-School-aged group remaining to own it up. And, of course, our clones. They should be walking and talking by Fall.
OMG Kevin on Smashboards? Hi Kevin!

By the way, Cameron, how'd you like our final super mega epic battle to end all battles? Have I convinced you to change your tournament to being all free for alls with items on high? LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! LANDMASTER! :laugh:
I am the master of Landmaster.

Yeah... I'm hoping by some great twist of fate I can go next friday (maybe I can swap shifts with someone, but with a closing shift, it's doubtful) or it will be swapped to thursday, but anyway, I'll be there when I can... meantime, I'll have to train with my WiFi friends... WiFi is so useful in brawl... as long as you can evade the lag.
Just so you know, there won't be any more smashfests on Thursdays for the rest of the summer, as I play ultimate on Thursday nights. If a smashfest were to be postponed, I would move it to Saturday for now.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
I've tried rolling, spot dodging, air dodging, powershielding, grabbing onto the edge for invincibility frames, turning into a rock with Kirby, trying to use Ike's super armour, etc. but I've yet to find a way to evade lag. It's just too powerful. :laugh:
i havn't touched the wifi in MONTHS....totally LAME

Krantastic

Smash Rookie
I've tried rolling, spot dodging, air dodging, powershielding, grabbing onto the edge for invincibility frames, turning into a rock with Kirby, trying to use Ike's super armour, etc. but I've yet to find a way to evade lag. It's just too powerful. :laugh:
Playing on Spear Pillar negates the effect of any lag :p

Fogel

Smash Lord
I don't play online anymore because the lag is too stupid.

Also, offtopic SC time: Yay Brat! I was a little worried after Nony's game 3 cheese, but he tanked it like a pro game 4. I'm rooting for JF tomorrow (of course), but it looks like Draco is the favourite though :(

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
I don't play online anymore because the lag is too stupid.

Also, offtopic SC time: Yay Brat! I was a little worried after Nony's game 3 cheese, but he tanked it like a pro game 4. I'm rooting for JF tomorrow (of course), but it looks like Draco is the favourite though :(
JF FTW down with arrogance!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright guys, about the bi-weekly, I'm thinking of maybe also doing a doubles tournament. Reply back if you want to do something like this, it will be $1 per team.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Hmm, doubles... I'll be in if I can have someone awesome on my team! How about, people who know Marth is both male and female! :laugh:

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
Where are these bi-weekly events usually held? Are they open to anyone to show up and play?

I've been looking for people to play Brawl with in Ottawa, as I only know a few people who play.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Ottawa thread Azreal.

Currently Fogel, the main man, is the one who hosts a smashfest every Friday at his house. This week will be our 2nd ever bi-weekly, also to be hosted at Fogel's house. Feel free to PM him for directions to his house, the smashfest goes from 1700 - 2400, though I'm generally the only one who shows up at 1700 (5:00 PM) and other people show up at 1900ish.

We have a wide variety of skill, some being very good and some being pretty good, and even some who sucked but are getting there :p. It's generally a nice place, but some confusion and randomness does go on, just ask Fan :p

PND

Smash Champion
I'm fairly certain I'll be attending this week as well, and I'm totally down for a doubles tourney too. I can't confirm yet if any of the other guys I brought would be able to make it, but I'll get on that ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom