• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Is there actually a counter for psi storm as Zerg? I talked with some people about this and we couldn't really think of anything reliable. A friend suggested using Queens to broodling them, but the pros never use Queens so that strat must fail somehow.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
counter to psi storm? from my experience there are a few ways.
Ultralisks can tank through it decently. It's no guarantee because they will get ***** by lots of storm. But they are a good option.
Next zerglings are cheap and fast. They can run in and maybe take out some templar, if not waste some storms.
Besides this, micro is a good option, you can move out of storm as well as spread out your units to cause a higher chance of a wasted storm by using it on the smallest amount of units.

overall, it's just imbalanced and hard to counter.

oh and by those statements, i meant that the counter for storm is BEING A ****ING TERRAN MAIN!!!! YEAH!

PND

Smash Champion
Stages:
I think Lylat should be Neutral. The only thing stopping it is tilting, and even then it's only VERY occasionally that I've seen it effect a match.
Delfino should be counter pick IMO, if not banned. It has walk off edged and walls to D3 chainthrow against, but because of the randomness of those obstacles and the general duration of the time they are present for, well, counterpick seems fair.

Stocks:
I've also heard word of 2 stock Bo5s/Bo7s(finals) becoming fairly popular. It cuts down on match time, allows for more counterpicking, and generally makes every stock and percent matter more than in 3 stock. Just throwing the idea out there.

Double elimination setup, I presume.

Also: I'd love to come to a smashfest sometime, and I'm willing to donate my wii for the night. (Including the tourney.)

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Is there actually a counter for psi storm as Zerg? I talked with some people
about this and we couldn't really think of anything reliable. A friend suggested using Queens to broodling them, but the pros never use Queens so that strat must fail somehow.
Queens are cool I used to use them semi-regularly but at high level I really doubt that they would work.
They **** HTs but using them for that sole purpose is a heavy investment, especially when you should be applying pressure. Spawn Broodling energy costs are very high so you'll need to pump queens 1:1 for his HTs and when its 2 evenly matched players then basically the HTs will still manage get some storms off and own loads of hydras so it wont be worth it.

counter to psi storm? from my experience there are a few ways.
Ultralisks can tank through it decently. It's no guarantee because they will get ***** by lots of storm. But they are a good option.
Next zerglings are cheap and fast. They can run in and maybe take out some templar, if not waste some storms.
Besides this, micro is a good option, you can move out of storm as well as spread out your units to cause a higher chance of a wasted storm by using it on the smallest amount of units.

overall, it's just imbalanced and hard to counter.

oh and by those statements, i meant that the counter for storm is BEING A ****ING TERRAN MAIN!!!! YEAH!
Yes the counter to Psi Storm is a well placed flank.

At the end I wouldn't say that Storm is imba... it is very hard to use and it can be very hard to keep them HTs alive. However is the Toss user is competent enough then the zerg can't do a thing. Also I guess thats why they made Roaches resistant to them in SC2.

Watching TSL made me realize that WC3 sucks... I wanna get back into SC.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. The church has confirmed July 5th, so ToS5 is 99% confirmed!

2. No more uninvited guests at smashfests!
1. Wohoo! Great to hear it! It'll make or break my Lucas. Damax, you will, of course, be there, right? You need to show me how you're keeping Lucases in your grabs.

How much is the rental cost? I'll pitch in if needed.

2. This is almost (actually, it probably IS) entirely my bad. I'll make sure that from here on in, unless they can get themselves to join SWF and ask you themselves, the only person that I'll be bringing with me is my brother. I'll inform Jan, Justin, and all their buddies post-haste so that we don't have a repeat of last time.

1. I know how to fight/grapple.

2. If Fogel says you're not coming in and I'm there, you are NOT coming in.

3. Just clarifying. I hate people who say "Oh, what're you gonna do, fight me?" Because I WILL fight you, and I WILL kick your ***.

4. And Harold, try to bring your brother along, I wanna fight the guy who's giving your Lucas a hard time :p
1. Dude! We should totally spar/roll sometime! It's been ages since I've been into all that but I've been meaning to get back to it for a while now. Smash is great and fun and all but I'm getting (err, have already gotten) into really poor shape since taking on a programming course. Excessive pizza consumption and no exercise for the win!

2. Well, the thing with all the new people is entirely my fault. I've brought in quite a few people without really asking first. Last time, some of my new people brought even newer people that I myself haven't even met before. I've sent some e-mails to my buddies so they'll all know that they can't come anymore unless they've PMed Fogel themselves.

3. Sadly, that's not always the case. I remember how, like, my uncle was killed at Bayshore mall a few years back by getting into this fight with some younger dude. My uncle was in great shape and was really big into martial arts his whole life. He had several black belts (or so I've been told) in various disciplines. The other guy was out of shape but with a knife. It was over before it began. Marth > Ganondorf. :dizzy:

4. Yeah, I finally managed to drag my brother out to the Smashfest last time. From what he's told me he did fairly well. I'm pretty sure that he'll be coming every time now - when I got home last time he was actually on the SmashWiki thingy trying to find out any and all things that would help him improve. I think that the Smashfest has made him take Smash a bit more seriously now. Now he's all eager to face off against Derrick's Ike (who ***** the hell out of me last time - who, like, three stocked, 0%ed me each time!). My brother's all offense so you'll probably find him more enjoyable to face off against. Unless, of course, you ever use Ness or Pikachu... :laugh: That bucket was forged in the deepest bowels of hell...

Damax

Smash Lord
1. Wohoo! Great to hear it! It'll make or break my Lucas. Damax, you will, of course, be there, right? You need to show me how you're keeping Lucases in your grabs.

2. This is almost (actually, it probably IS) entirely my bad. I'll make sure that from here on in, unless they can get themselves to join SWF and ask you themselves, the only person that I'll be bringing with me is my brother. I'll inform Jan, Justin, and all their buddies post-haste so that we don't have a repeat of last time.
as of now, I'm not going. I don't have money and I don't think I like brawl enough to travel tournies.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
as of now, I'm not going. I don't have money and I don't think I like brawl enough to travel tournies.
How much would it cost you and how far do you have? Perhaps hope is not lost just yet. I dunno, maybe something will change? Somebody else will be passing by near you?

By the way Cameron, how many people can the tournament hold and are you going to be advertising it outside of SWF? Like, will it just be the Smashfest people or will there be much more?

As for the level selection thingy, I'm a lot more open with just about every level except for the arcade Mario Bros.. Can we have it so that any level is ok so long as both players agree to it?

Me: "So, are you ok with New Pork City?"
Opponent 1: "Hell no!"

Me: "New Pork City ok with you?"
Opponent 2: "No."

Me: "How about we play on New Por-"
Opponent 3: "Final Destination it is." :laugh:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
By the way Cameron, how many people can the tournament hold and are you going to be advertising it outside of SWF? Like, will it just be the Smashfest people or will there be much more?

As for the level selection thingy, I'm a lot more open with just about every level except for the arcade Mario Bros.. Can we have it so that any level is ok so long as both players agree to it?

Uh...we have banned stages for a reason, if we were to include all stages, that would make some matches extremely gay to play and watch, for example New Pork City, Take a stock off some guy, run the hell away, wait for the timer to run out.

Plus, as host of this bi-weekly, I would rather we had a list of neutral, counter pick, and banned stages which is more proffessional and makes the matches alot more fair.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
How much would it cost you and how far do you have? Perhaps hope is not lost just yet. I dunno, maybe something will change? Somebody else will be passing by near you?

Expect the tournament to be ~40 people, with a couple from Montreal and whatever other places are interested.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
LOL yeah right. pro's will learn to play marth. they'll wait for you to choose your char first, you'll take lucas, they'll head to marth, if you change before the first match they'll take their main. now your lucas will be avaible you'll change but he'll change. so you call for double blind pick. I choose marth since I can play with him good, neutralize one of the two char you would use and highly prolly win the first match if you take Lucas (SO YOU CAN'T TAKE LUCAS OR NESS CAUSE THAT'D GIVE YOU A 0% CHANCE TO WIN IN THIS INSTANCE) so what's the point? you could maybe use lucas if you have character counterpick and that's realy the only time you COULD MAYBE do that. But having character counter pick meant you lost a match. So if you constantly win, which is the point of tourney playing you would not have used NEss or lucas. SO what's the point in having a good Lucas? he'll be situational and won't change jack **** since you could have won every match with Snake instead.

where's your cavern guys? you should go out, there's light outside.
Actually I dont play those characters, I play Marth and Falcon(which im trying to revive). I was just saying they wouldnt be bottom tier but you do have a good point about the picking which does make them less effective as a tourney choice. Everyone should have a secondary anyways, although I may need a better one :p.

A couple of announcements

- The church has confirmed July 5th, so ToS5 is 99% confirmed!

I just have to get a couple of things signed/mailed and we're set! On a related note, I need some help from you guys for coming up with a ruleset; specifically neutral/counterpick stages and stock/time limit numbers. The standard for stock/time seems to be 3 stock, 7-8 minute matches, but stages is a bit of a stickier topic.

The only universally agreed upon randoms are: BF, FD, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island. A lot of places have Lylat Cruise and/or Delfino Plaza, but there is some debate about these stages. Counterpick stages are an even more complex story!

I would appreciate some input on this topic from those who have looked into it a bit more than me. Also, what do people think of 3 stock, 7 minute matches?

- No more uninvited guests at smashfests!

Brawl is bringing out more and more people to smashfests, and in a way it's good to see the community growing so much. However, my little house is really getting strained as far as capacity; there are pretty regularly 4 (or more) people per TV and it just seems that more and more people are showing up.

I think it's gotten to the point where I can't just let in anyone who shows up. For example, last week there were 3 people who were invited by someone, who didn't introduce themselves and who I never even talked to the whole evening (to be fair, one asked me where the bathroom is...that's about it). Those guys may never show up again...or they may each invite a bunch more people over, making the crowding problem even worse. Now, that was just an example, but I think it gets across the point that I can't just let anyone in who shows up wanting to play Brawl. There are also some security concerns with just letting in people who no one has heard of before; namely, I don't want it to get to the point where people have to worry about stuff getting stolen or broken by 'strangers'.

Having said that, I'm going to have to add a new rule. I reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who hasn't posted that they are coming in this thread. If even one or two people bring along a couple of unannounced friends, it can lead to a situation where things are just way too crowded.

The whole point of these smashfests in the first place is to meet with and play other SWFers; it was never meant to be a public smash gathering. Ideally, it would be nice if everyone who planned to show up made an account so we could talk with them a bit before meeting them, but realistically I know that won't happen, so I at least want to hear about new people ahead of time. I have a feeling that I will have to enforce this rule right away; I guarantee there will be at least a couple of new people coming out of the woodwork now that Randy has announced a biweekly.

tl;dr version: From now on, if I don't know you're coming, don't expect to get in.
Does that mean you would like us to post here every week to say whether we are coming or not?(which I wouldnt mind doing. It could also give you an estimate of the amount of people attending) Or is that just for new people?

Randy: Ill be showing up this week and would love to have a bi-weekly. The tournament last week(tournament mode) was pretty much fail.

Im not to familiar with the whole stage lingo and meaning so I cant really say whats what.

However do you guys think that in the future there will be a good/balanced enough stage made in the stage builder that wont be another BF clone? Just a thought I had, never used it myself, but I heard its shallow.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Bi-Weekly Stuff

Alright, so far, we have 4 people attending the bi-weekly, those people are:

IvanEva
IvanEva's Brother
Flash7
Me
Fogel
Lan Cabron (Cbone)
SAUS

Those who are going to attend will HAVE TO POST ON SWF or alert me on MSN, my MSN is rabidcyote@hotmail.com.

As for stages, This is what I think:

Battlefield - The sun can hurt our eyes.
Battleship Halberd - The Claw and laser hurt people NOT FAIR
Bridge of Eldin - ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THE EXPLOSION
Castle Siege - Walk-off sides
Distant Planet - TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS AND RAIN IS WET I DUN LIEK WET
Delfino Plaza - Sun hurts our eyes.
Final Destination - ALLOWED!
Frigate Orpheon - 180 Degree spin is bad and Parasite Queen is scary...
Lylat Cruise - Tilts SLIGHTLY to the left, THAT COULD GIV DEM AN ADVANTAGE!
Mario Circuit - Shy Guys apparently not shy
Mushroomy Kingdom - "Mushroomy" is not a word
New Pork City - Ultimate chimera? I'm no maaaaaaaaaatch...
Norfair - moar liek NOFAiR amirite?!
PictoChat - on the bottom it only says ONE PERSON'S ENTERING, NOT FAIR!
Pokemon Stadium 2 - THE POKEMON IN THE BACK ARE VERY DISTRACTING
Port Town Aero Dive - when you see the rob you think someone else started playing
Rumble Falls - Bramble Blast is too awesome to be fair, also scrolling stage
Smashville - PLATFORM ON THE TOP GOES BY TOO FAST ;-;
Shadow Moses Island - snake's stage and snake dunt blong in brwal
Skywolrd - the bottom platform is unfair people can camp there for the time limit
The Summit - GLOBAL WARMING = BAD
Warioware - Minigames add unfair advantage if done correctly
Yoshi's Island - WHIMSICAL SUPPORT GHOST IS BAD
Electroplankton - Isnt "electroplankton" like an oxymoron? Electrofish? bant
75m - DONKEY KONG IS THERE AND NO ONE LIKES HIM AMIRITE
Flat Zone 2 - too flat
Great Sea - too cel-shaded
Green Hill Zone - sonic's stage and snoic will nevar maek it in brwal
Luigi's Mansion - SCARRY
Mario Bros. - Pow block and stage hazards are bad
Spear Pillar - Dialga/Palkia/Cresselia do damage and that is UNFARE
Brinstar Melee - Lava goes up too far and could hurt people
Corneria - ARWINGS CHARGIN LAZERS ARE BAD
Onett - Cars are over the speed limit; breaking the law
Rainbow Ride - too bright, hurts our eyes
Temple - BIG STAGES ARE TOO UNFAIR
Yoshi's Island - the blocks are fail and don't hold up
Big Blue - Big...and blue
Green Greens - WTF kind of name is that? banned
Jungle Japes - Water is unfair it's not like we can swim now or anything
Pokemon Stadium 1 - Screen in the back is distracting

Also, all characters are banned. The only fair one is Fox.

Entry fee will be $1

And those who do not want to participate in the bi-weekly will have to bring their own setups (Wii, TV) upstairs for friendlies of anygame they want.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Stages:
I think Lylat should be Neutral. The only thing stopping it is tilting, and even then it's only VERY occasionally that I've seen it effect a match.
Delfino should be counter pick IMO, if not banned. It has walk off edged and walls to D3 chainthrow against, but because of the randomness of those obstacles and the general duration of the time they are present for, well, counterpick seems fair.

Stocks:
I've also heard word of 2 stock Bo5s/Bo7s(finals) becoming fairly popular. It cuts down on match time, allows for more counterpicking, and generally makes every stock and percent matter more than in 3 stock. Just throwing the idea out there.

Double elimination setup, I presume.

Also: I'd love to come to a smashfest sometime, and I'm willing to donate my wii for the night. (Including the tourney.)
I agree with you on Delfino. However, I think Lylat needs a bit more discussion because I think the problem isn't the tilting; it's the stupid edges. Lylat seems to be like the new SSBM Battlefield where you randomly miss grabbing the edge even though you're right next to it. The question is: do the bad edges justify 'demoting' the stage to counterpick status? We didn't get rid of Battlefield in SSBM, so I'm thinking we shouldn't get rid of Lylat either, but I'm open to debate on the issue.

I am personally against 2 stock matches; it makes random gimps/suicides that much more painful in matches. I find it's already hard enough to come back from a low % death in a 3 stock match. However, I think everyone agrees that 4 stock takes too long in Brawl so that's why the default is 3 stock. Again though, I'd like to hear everyone's input.

The tournament setup will have singles pools with a cutoff into a double elimination bracket (probably top 16). Doubles will probably be just a double elim bracket.

As for my smashfests, if you're interested in coming I can PM you my address (I'd rather not just post it out in the open).

2. Well, the thing with all the new people is entirely my fault. I've brought in quite a few people without really asking first. Last time, some of my new people brought even newer people that I myself haven't even met before. I've sent some e-mails to my buddies so they'll all know that they can't come anymore unless they've PMed Fogel themselves.

3. Sadly, that's not always the case. I remember how, like, my uncle was killed at Bayshore mall a few years back by getting into this fight with some younger dude. My uncle was in great shape and was really big into martial arts his whole life. He had several black belts (or so I've been told) in various disciplines. The other guy was out of shape but with a knife. It was over before it began. Marth > Ganondorf. :dizzy:
1. The rental cost is $130, but there will be another charge for event insurance to come later (around $90). You don't have to chip in for those costs; I take money out of the pot to cover them (ie: I pay the money up front myself, then take it back out of the pot at the tournament).

2. Please do, but let Jan, Justin, and your other friends that I've met that they're still welcome. I'm not trying to kick them out or anything, I'm just trying to cut down on random invites.

2 number 2. Don't be too hard on yourself, it was someone else's (Jan's?) decision and I wouldn't say it's your responsibility.

3. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle...did the guy with the knife go to jail at least?

The church basement can hold a lot of people; ask anyone who's been to ToS 1 or 3. Given the number of smashers who would probably be going I don't think it'll be necessary to set an exact limit ahead of time. Previous ToSes have had attendance in the low-mid 30s and I expect it'll be about the same for ToS5. The basement can easily handle that number of people.

As for levels, Randy basically said what I would have said. There will be neutrals, counterpicks, and banned levels (New Pork City will most likely be banned, by the way :p).

:(

Does that mean you would like us to post here every week to say whether we are coming or not?(which I wouldnt mind doing. It could also give you an estimate of the amount of people attending) Or is that just for new people?

Randy: Ill be showing up this week and would love to have a bi-weekly. The tournament last week(tournament mode) was pretty much fail.

Im not to familiar with the whole stage lingo and meaning so I cant really say whats what.

However do you guys think that in the future there will be a good/balanced enough stage made in the stage builder that wont be another BF clone? Just a thought I had, never used it myself, but I heard its shallow.
It would be nice if I knew every week who was going, but in real life things change at the last minute so I'm not going to expect every single person to register every single week. I'm not going to refuse entry to people who have been coming to smashfests for a while, and who I've talked to/know well enough. The point of the rule is that if the house is already pretty full, and random strangers show up at my door with gamecube controllers expecting to play, they probably won't get in.

Queens are cool I used to use them semi-regularly but at high level I really doubt that they would work.
They **** HTs but using them for that sole purpose is a heavy investment, especially when you should be applying pressure. Spawn Broodling energy costs are very high so you'll need to pump queens 1:1 for his HTs and when its 2 evenly matched players then basically the HTs will still manage get some storms off and own loads of hydras so it wont be worth it.

Yes the counter to Psi Storm is a well placed flank.

At the end I wouldn't say that Storm is imba... it is very hard to use and it can be very hard to keep them HTs alive. However is the Toss user is competent enough then the zerg can't do a thing. Also I guess thats why they made Roaches resistant to them in SC2.

Watching TSL made me realize that WC3 sucks... I wanna get back into SC.
What you've said about the Queens makes sense, from your explanation it doesn't sound like they'd be a reliable enough counter. The TSL is really interesting to watch, I never really got into SC too much before and I think this is the first time where I've started to follow matches more seriously. Would you believe a bunch of us sat around and watched all the TSL matches last weekend at my place? Who would have thought people would watch Starcraft like it's the Super Bowl?

Cam, want T.O to show up to that tournament? I can alert the Sauga people lol.
You guys are of course welcome to show up, but word on the street is that you guys don't like Brawl much. I am open to being proven wrong though :)

yea depending on what happens I might come!
Wicked!

Alright, so far, we have 4 people attending the bi-weekly, those people are:

IvanEva
IvanEva's Brother
Flash7
Me

Those who are going to attend will HAVE TO POST ON SWF or alert me on MSN, my MSN is rabidcyote@hotmail.com.

As for stages, This is what I think:

Battlefield - The sun can hurt our eyes.
Battleship Halberd - The Claw and laser hurt people NOT FAIR
Bridge of Eldin - ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THE EXPLOSION
Castle Siege - Walk-off sides
Distant Planet - TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS AND RAIN IS WET I DUN LIEK WET
Delfino Plaza - Sun hurts our eyes.
Final Destination - ALLOWED!
Frigate Orpheon - 180 Degree spin is bad and Parasite Queen is scary...
Lylat Cruise - Tilts SLIGHTLY to the left, THAT COULD GIV DEM AN ADVANTAGE!
Mario Circuit - Shy Guys apparently not shy
Mushroomy Kingdom - "Mushroomy" is not a word
New Pork City - Ultimate chimera? I'm no maaaaaaaaaatch...
Norfair - moar liek NOFAiR amirite?!
PictoChat - on the bottom it only says ONE PERSON'S ENTERING, NOT FAIR!
Pokemon Stadium 2 - THE POKEMON IN THE BACK ARE VERY DISTRACTING
Port Town Aero Dive - when you see the rob you think someone else started playing
Rumble Falls - Bramble Blast is too awesome to be fair, also scrolling stage
Smashville - PLATFORM ON THE TOP GOES BY TOO FAST ;-;
Shadow Moses Island - snake's stage and snake dunt blong in brwal
Skywolrd - the bottom platform is unfair people can camp there for the time limit
The Summit - GLOBAL WARMING = BAD
Warioware - Minigames add unfair advantage if done correctly
Yoshi's Island - WHIMSICAL SUPPORT GHOST IS BAD
Electroplankton - Isnt "electroplankton" like an oxymoron? Electrofish? bant
75m - DONKEY KONG IS THERE AND NO ONE LIKES HIM AMIRITE
Flat Zone 2 - too flat
Great Sea - too cel-shaded
Green Hill Zone - sonic's stage and snoic will nevar maek it in brwal
Luigi's Mansion - SCARRY
Mario Bros. - Pow block and stage hazards are bad
Spear Pillar - Dialga/Palkia/Cresselia do damage and that is UNFARE
Brinstar Melee - Lava goes up too far and could hurt people
Corneria - ARWINGS CHARGIN LAZERS ARE BAD
Onett - Cars are over the speed limit; breaking the law
Rainbow Ride - too bright, hurts our eyes
Temple - BIG STAGES ARE TOO UNFAIR
Yoshi's Island - the blocks are fail and don't hold up
Big Blue - Big...and blue
Green Greens - WTF kind of name is that? banned
Jungle Japes - Water is unfair it's not like we can swim now or anything
Pokemon Stadium 1 - Screen in the back is distracting

Also, all characters are banned. The only fair one is Fox.

Entry fee will be $1

And those who do not want to participate in the bi-weekly will have to bring their own setups (Wii, TV) upstairs for friendlies of anygame they want.
I already told you on MSN I was interested :p
Also, nice stage explanations, I LOLd.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I noticed that a lot of things are considered banned just because of Dedede. Wouldn't an alternative be to ban Dedede on those levels? Like, if the player wants to pick Dedede, those levels are no longer available?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Bi-Weekly stages

Alright, on a more serious note, after consulting online sources and personal experience, I have made a list of neutral, counterpick and banned stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (?)
Green Greens - Melee
Brinstar - Melee
Onett - Melee

Banned:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Distant Planet
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone (Singles only)
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee
Homo Hammer/Gay Sex stage (<3 Derek)

comments anyone? I'm not sure about Rainbow Cruise being a neutral stage for teams, but the google says it is, so I believe that.

Damax

Smash Lord
Alright, on a more serious note, after consulting online sources and personal experience, I have made a list of neutral, counterpick and banned stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Rainbow Cruise - Melee(Teams only)

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Green Hill Zone (Teams only)
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee
Rainbow Cruise - Melee (Singles only)
Green Greens - Melee
Brinstar - Melee
Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Bridge of Eldin
Onett - Melee

Banned:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Distant Planet
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

comments anyone? I'm not sure about Rainbow Cruise being a neutral stage for teams, but the google says it is, so I believe that.

what the **** get that rainbow cruise off. Pokemon Stadium Melee for random stage in both singles and teams (there's nothing wrong in this stage beside the fd styled edge. Green hill has walk off edges (king ddd anyone? its imbalanced so no no even in 2 v2) Pirate ship is rigged, i'd get it off. at a tourny we had in one match 4 or 5 bombing each shooting an average of 4 bombs 3 at me and 1 at the other the match only lasted 6 minutes. the bomb's kill badly around 100%

bridge of Elding is a walk off edge, i'd get it out.

I'd hesitate on corneria, I heard walls brings infinites and not only for DDD

Jazriel

Smash Ace
-Walls bring all manner of infinites, for pretty much every character.

-There can be some good maps made with the level editor, I have a very simple map that isn't like BF but is extremely neutral.

-No Pokémon Stadium #1. Ever tried recovering as Ganon? Glitched edges + semi-poor recovery = Fun fun fun.

-Randy, that stage explanation list is obviously superiour to everything else alive. We must secret it away and worship it before the heathen mongrels attempt to use its glory for their own!

-Hanenbow? Banned? This... Is... Blasphemy! Counterpick at the worst. It's a good stage, with no unfair things/gayness. The only thing remotely bad about it is that the leaves can absorb some projectiles (Samus's charged shot, etc).

-There's a very interesting article on TeamLiquid about Queens, the basic problem is this:
Mutalisks cost 100/100
Queens cost 100/100

Mutalisks are extremely important for harass and general shenanigans .
Queens are extremely situational, very limited use, vulnerable, and have way too high energy costs.

That's basically it. If Ensnare was 50 energy, and broodling 80 or 100, Queens would be used in every game. As is, it's just not worth it to wait 2 minutes for the chance to broodling some HT or Ensnare some M&M's.

My opinion as a low level Zerg main, I think Queens are interesting, ensnaring large areas thanks to magic boxes is viable and in my opinion, an extremely effective tactic in certain situations.

The general consensus though, is that Queens are only gotten vs DT/Sair 'Toss. DT/Sair 'Toss is one of my favourite match-ups, because all you do is MASS 3/3 hydras and some Queens. Fun stuff.

-I will be bringing my T.V. this Friday (LOL, I have a regatta and a 5k "marathon" run on Saturday).

-Harold, some martial activities would be cool. I don't really "know" stuff about technical fighting (I can wavedash across grass!), but since I'm learning 17th century rapier, and will soon be doing 16th century German longsword, I'll be expanding my information.

And that's about it. Rawr. Also, I've been keeping up with my melee skills, I want to play some melee some this Friday.

Fogel

Smash Lord

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (?)
Green Greens - Melee
Brinstar - Melee
Onett - Melee

Banned:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Distant Planet
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Good list Randy, if this works out I may steal it for ToS5! I do have a few comments/questions though.

- I personally don't think Pokemon Stadium - Melee should be neutral...the edges and windmill are too stupid. I suggest moving it to counterpick.
- Why is Rainbow Cruise banned instead of being a counterpick? It was a legal counterpick in Melee. Is there something new in Brawl which warrants banning it?
- I've seen Hanenbow and Distant Planet listed as counterpicks at some tournaments...I don't care much either way about these levels, but I would like to know why these levels are only sometimes banned.
- Derek's Sparta stage for Neutral! :p

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh sweet Jesus, the **** windmill. Pokémon Stadium #1 is a definite ban. Distant planet, eh, a counterpick sure. It's kinda odd but I don't see any part of it that actually interferes with gameplay. Unless you want to lose a stock by standing on the creature.

Hanenbow is a definite neutral or counterpick. I will not accept such an epic stage being frowned upon!
And I'm all down for Rainbow Cruise being a counterpick or even neutral stage. I don't think it's overly broken considering every char has a very good recovery and the movement might break up Marth > Lucas/Ness ^_^. It'll probably be banned vs MK players though.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Good list Randy, if this works out I may steal it for ToS5! I do have a few comments/questions though.

- I personally don't think Pokemon Stadium - Melee should be neutral...the edges and windmill are too stupid. I suggest moving it to counterpick.
- Why is Rainbow Cruise banned instead of being a counterpick? It was a legal counterpick in Melee. Is there something new in Brawl which warrants banning it?
- I've seen Hanenbow and Distant Planet listed as counterpicks at some tournaments...I don't care much either way about these levels, but I would like to know why these levels are only sometimes banned.
- Derek's Sparta stage for Neutral! :p
-I thought Pokemon Stadium would also be a counter pick, but people online tend to think otherwise, I'll cahnge it if more people complain.
-True, I misplaced that thing, would be in counter pick.
-The lists I saw had the two banned, Distant Planet seems like a good counter pick though, but I personally don't like Hanenbow, so I didn't really give that one much thought.
-Nah, the sparta stage gives +50 power and splash damage to Ganon's kick, so it will be game breakingly overpowered.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
i don't think PSMelee should be neutral the windmill just pisses me off...now i know SOME people think frigate orpheon should be counter pick but i kinda think it's ********. Same with Norfair. Norfair isn't SO bad...but Maybe we should make the gay sex stages the only neutral stages, and make the neutral stages counter pick, counter pick banned...banned double banned. The Sparta stage would be imbalanced

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hahaha Cam, you're not wrong. I hate Brawl and I'm open to it. lol. But a good portion of people in the community like Brawl, so meh. Our Melee:Brawl ratio isn't steep as MTL or you guys. But the majority play Brawl actually lol.

Dice

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it make sense just to use the neutral/counterpick/banned stages that the latest big brawl tournaments have been using? (or at least heavily base it off of that). That way, as a smash community these stages that hopefully "everyone" is using can then be thouroughly tested by many different communities and any broken **** that maybe be found about them (game breaking camping, abusable glitches whatevs) can then be discussed by people holding tournaments? It seems thats how melee stages generally got handled and a pretty solid list was made (with still a few arguements here or there). So unless the other big brawl tournaments are using only hyrule and new pork, I think it would be beneficial for everyone.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it make sense just to use the neutral/counterpick/banned stages that the latest big brawl tournaments have been using? (or at least heavily base it off of that). That way, as a smash community these stages that hopefully "everyone" is using can then be thouroughly tested by many different communities and any broken **** that maybe be found about them (game breaking camping, abusable glitches whatevs) can then be discussed by people holding tournaments? It seems thats how melee stages generally got handled and a pretty solid list was made (with still a few arguements here or there). So unless the other big brawl tournaments are using only hyrule and new pork, I think it would be beneficial for everyone.
The list I made was based off such tournaments, I'm just asking for any kinks in the list in hopes of making a possible better list.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Hanonbow, Distant Planet, and Rainbow cruise should not be banned from my experiences. Hanonbow is a counter to the tether only characters but it doesn't stop them from functioning. Distant Planet has the dude which randomly comes out and can stop PK thunders from happening and can possibly save a character but even that's not enough. It's a counter pick to the PK kids and that's about it. The rain messes people up but it gives a long warning before it becomes a hazard. Lastly, Rainbow Cruise has nothing really ban-worthy. There's one wall but is that really enough?

I'm a complete noob to the Smash tournament scene so can somebody enlighten me a bit more as to why some levels are considered 'counter-picks' instead of 'neutral'. Like, Falco has the advantage vs. the big guys on Final Destination so why isn't that a 'counter-pick'? Likewise with Snake on Battlefield and Smashville. Every level has characters that benefit and those that are at a disadvantage. Lucas has a harder time on Yoshi's Brawl level than on Hanonbow. What makes one 'counter' worthy and not the other?

I'm guessing that it's the level of intrusiveness on the fighters? I can understand the banned ones (although I'm still not convinced that walk-offs are that bad - just ban those certain characters on that level instead of the level itself) but not the difference between counter-picks and neutrals.

On an irrelevant note, Cameron, how would you deal with a situation like this: A Falco player versus a Ness or something. The Falco sits back shooting lasers from one end and the Ness sits back and absorbs. Neither budges. Are they allowed? Like, can they legally just stay there like that the WHOLE match or is that 'stalling'?

PND

Smash Champion
My thoughts on the stages (Agree or disagree with placement)

Neutrals:
Pokemon Stadium - Melee Agree
As much as the Windmill sucks, it sucks for everyone equally. Everyone can trap / get trapped in it, so it really isn't *terribly* unfair. As per the edges, well, that could coincide with the Lylat debate. I personally think Lylat and PS1 should be neutral because the edges can ALWAYS be grabbed if you adjust your recovery accordingly. If you fail to do so, well, no johns. It's not the edge, you shouldn't have waited half a second before you Up B'ed.

Counterpicks:
Corneria - Melee (?) Disagree
Wall infinites.
Green Greens - Melee Disagree
Too many bombs, smaller than Melee, and overpowering winds = no fair. It was one of my favorite levels in Melee, now you can't hit your opponent without risk of kersplosions and the wind gimping your recovery. Like, really gimping. This level has changed for the worst. I could deal with the more plentiful bombs and more powerful wind and deceptively short side killzones if the level was the same size, but the shrinkage just breaks it.
Brinstar - Melee Agree
I hate this level, and the level splits a lot easier now, but agree.
Onett - Melee Disagree
Walk off edges generally are grounds for an instaban. However, I really enjoy this level. Truth be told though, any level where you can camp near the edge and backthrow kill a 0% is deserving of a ban. But I like the level :( Plus there's the walls for infinites and the cars. **** those cars.

Banned:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee Disagree
Counterpick. The only difference is that the level loads slower now, but the level shrinking makes up for that by decreasing the mobility needed. Plus, I main Jigglypuff. This level is my playground.
Bridge of Eldin Agree
Walk off edges. I love the level for friendlies, but. . .
Pokemon Stadium 2 Disagree
Counterpick. The flying and electric zones interfere, true, but they can be easily countered. Flying by airdodging, electric by launching a more aerially based offense using the conveyors as escape options. That being said, I've seen it gimp campers really bad, so I only marginally disagree with the ban.
Distant Planet Agree
Walk off edge on the left.
Pictochat Disagree
Nothing is overpoweringly broken, with the exception of Whale / Block camping to kill time. The wind is powerful, but the level is large to compensate. The random bombs and spikes aren't ridiculously powerful and are easy to avoid. I say counter.
Hanenbow Massive Disagree
Counterpick. I've yet to see nothing in this level that leads me to believe otherwise.

Okay, what day is the next smashfest? If I'm not working late, I would love to come.

Damax

Smash Lord
Neutrals:
Battlefield no comment
Final Destination no comment
Yoshi's Island no comment
Lylat Cruise edge trouble? do you guys all play wolf and crappy ganon?
Smashville wow awesome
Pokemon Stadium - Melee The windmill has one chance out of four to show up, the edge aren't much different than FD now, you can get stuck under it just as FD, get over it and learn to recover, the little it makes brawl harder to recover doesn't change **** as it gets from too very easy to very easy

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza it changes a lot, get a wall and walk of edge at times, but the stage doesn't long enough that people could ABUSE that stuff. just be more careful and wait for the stage to go float.
Squeege's Mansion its nice, some argued about the pillars though because of diminishing return.
Pirate Ship its horrible. worst stage in the game, spring that kills + bombs that kills = bad
Norfair no comment I guess its ok, lava isn't overpowered and doesn't kills
Frigate Orpheon you can get gimped on 180 turns, there's a edge that prevent tethers recovery on the right on one of the two side. still an okay stage.
Halberd The Laser is easily avoidable, the bomb is slow, the arm is a ***** though. The laser can lead in ugly combos. I did jab combo to f tilt to forward smash ko with ike lolz (you can smash DI away though while in the beam just as a smart bomb)
Castle Siege there's one walkoff edge, I wouldn't even mind if it was random. its a good stage.
Jungle Japes - Melee OK, you can swim now, its weird, klap trap might get you but its okay.
Corneria - Melee (?) The lasers sucks, the wall is rigged. I don't know what to say, wall can be used by both side mostly. prolly better for 2v2s
Green Greens - Melee huh.. it sucks.... seriously.
Brinstar - Melee The lava now sucks, doesn't kill. haven't tryied it intensivly but does the edge kills tether recoverys?
Onett - Melee the car goes faster but are weaker and barely kill. The houses prevent projectile camp to back throw. I guess staying behind one could be called off as stalling a match and be enforced as a law.

Banned:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee Counter pick. There's nothing wrong about it, except that some characters can barely move around in it (ganondorf and ike)
Bridge of Eldin huh walk of edge, nomsain
Green Hill Zone walk of edge, nomsain
Mushroomy Kingdom scroller
Mario Circuit kart.... walk of edges.
Rumble Falls scroller, spike, traps...
Pokemon Stadium 2 Aerial stage slow down matchs, the conveyors are over nine thousand over all its bad. also aerial stage makes it easier to kill upwards, which makes fox even better and we don't need that
Spear Pillar Reverse camera, slow mo, reverse input, lightning that blows you when you recover and if you get the small **** that shoot boomerangs it kills at 70% which is half of your life, and it is hard to avoid in match has it comes out pretty randomly and somewhat fast.
Port Town Aero Dive the cars... omg... 70% kills, no warning, nomsain
Skyworld you can't down b on clouds, you can spike through them and you mostly don't have a edge to comeback specially for tethers
WarioWare, Inc. invincibility vs giant ftl
Distant Planet The water is over 9000, walk off edge, random blue,red,yellow crap that you can toss around, the beast can and will eat you. if you send your opponent on it, and spam projectile on him the beast will eat him, even if he his airborn cause it has horrible range.
Summit fishes can eat you while the stage is a bit in the water, there's falling spikes, it is small and there's a low grav part. really bad.
75m LOLZ fire n spring for the loose, epicness ftw.
Mario Bros. turtle fight anyone?
Flat Zone 2 oh well.... the lion, the gaz station, hell even the cook is bad.
Pictochat The stage is too low, random fire, spikes slow down the game.
Hanenbow Extremly spamming friendly and also you can hit the leaves EVERYWHere to eliminate the diminishing returns which is bad and promote stall moves (snake's up tilt anyone?)
Shadow Moses Island can't killl sideways, metal gears are annoying, walls.
Temple - Melee LOL
Yoshi's Island - Melee LOLLLLL
Big Blue - Melee The car aren't bad anymore they barely dmg you and doesn't really kill, I don't know if the edge kills tethers recovery

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright, so far we the information is as follows:

Participants:
IvanEva
IvanEva's Brother
Flash7
Arsenic
Fogel
Lan Cabron (Cbone)
PNDMike
PNDMike's friend
PNDMike's friend
PNDMike's friend

Other people considering entering will have to post on SWF by Friday 4:00pm or register at the smashfest.

Stages (These will not change until the next bi-weekly):

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (Doubles)
Brinstar - Melee
Hanenbow
Distant Planet

Banned:
Corneria - Melee (Singles)
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Onett - Melee
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Green Greens - Melee
Pirate Ship
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Entry Fee: $1

Rules:
-Will be explained at the smash fest.
-Johns will lead to inevitable taunting (do so at your own risk).
-Victory dances are allowed, but you will look silly, so do so at your own expense.

IMPORTANT NOTE

the tournament will start at 7:30, so get yo ***** to Cam's by that time participants.

D

Deleted member

yea cam, i'd say about 85% of us enjoy brawl so don't worry about that. word on the street is melee is a great but old game

also, im going to make my stage discussion thread East Coast Canada Stage Discussion, that way we can get ab igger sense of what's going down. it's also more organized and stuff.

cool?

ok cool.

here's a lolcat:

here's the stage thread. let's all direct stage posts here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4174472

IvanEva

Smash Ace

Participants:
IvanEva
IvanEva's Brother
Flash7
Arsenic
Fogel
Lan Cabron (Cbone)

Other people considering entering will have to post on SWF by Friday 4:00pm or register at the smashfest.

the tournament will start at 7:30, so get yo ***** to Cam's by that time participants.
That's it so far? Jazriel? SAUS? Suo? I hope we get a lot more people. I'm eager to see how everybody plays when it's "for real".

By the way, your list sucks! You should ONLY use New Port City. Think about it, it's like a mix of ALL of the levels plus it has music almost as good as the waterfall level. As well, let's limit the character selection a little bit to keep it more fair:

Neutral:
Lucas

Counter-Pick:
Ness

Banned:
Everybody else.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
That's it so far? Jazriel? SAUS? Suo? I hope we get a lot more people. I'm eager to see how everybody plays when it's "for real".

By the way, your list sucks! You should ONLY use New Port City. Think about it, it's like a mix of ALL of the levels plus it has music almost as good as the waterfall level. As well, let's limit the character selection a little bit to keep it more fair:

Neutral:
Lucas

Counter-Pick:
Ness

Banned:
Everybody else.
That is so far everyone who replied to me through SWF or MSN, there might be people who decide to join during the smashfest, so don't fret, we MAY have some more people.

And one more mention of New Pork City or little boys with PK powers and your out of the bi-weekly :D <3

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Check out some of Mason's levels. I found them to be very good and they would most definitely be tournament legal (at least the ones that I remember).

Of course, there's always 1st Destination... :laugh:

Fogel

Smash Lord
The issue here is that the big tournaments don't agree on stages yet. If they did, I would just use that list for ToS5 and I'm sure Randy would have used it for the Biweeklies. Since there isn't agreement yet, we need this debate to happen :)

Hanonbow, Distant Planet, and Rainbow cruise should not be banned from my experiences. Hanonbow is a counter to the tether only characters but it doesn't stop them from functioning. Distant Planet has the dude which randomly comes out and can stop PK thunders from happening and can possibly save a character but even that's not enough. It's a counter pick to the PK kids and that's about it. The rain messes people up but it gives a long warning before it becomes a hazard. Lastly, Rainbow Cruise has nothing really ban-worthy. There's one wall but is that really enough?

I'm a complete noob to the Smash tournament scene so can somebody enlighten me a bit more as to why some levels are considered 'counter-picks' instead of 'neutral'. Like, Falco has the advantage vs. the big guys on Final Destination so why isn't that a 'counter-pick'? Likewise with Snake on Battlefield and Smashville. Every level has characters that benefit and those that are at a disadvantage. Lucas has a harder time on Yoshi's Brawl level than on Hanonbow. What makes one 'counter' worthy and not the other?

I'm guessing that it's the level of intrusiveness on the fighters? I can understand the banned ones (although I'm still not convinced that walk-offs are that bad - just ban those certain characters on that level instead of the level itself) but not the difference between counter-picks and neutrals.

On an irrelevant note, Cameron, how would you deal with a situation like this: A Falco player versus a Ness or something. The Falco sits back shooting lasers from one end and the Ness sits back and absorbs. Neither budges. Are they allowed? Like, can they legally just stay there like that the WHOLE match or is that 'stalling'?
It's kind of hard to give exact criteria as to what comprises a neutral stage versus a counterpick stage. Most counterpick stages are counterpicks because they give a great advantage to a certain character (or characters) and give anyone who's not playing as that character(s) a big disadvantage. Admittedly I don't think I could argue very well for the decisions behind Brawl counterpick stages as I don't follow Brawl tournaments well enough to say why. I could provide some Melee examples though.

As for your other point about 'neutral' stages sometimes offering advantages to certain characters as well, you make a good point. The basic idea of neutrals is that the stages are mostly fair for most character matchups. However, in character matchups where the neutral does favor the opponent, you could consider banning that stage for your set. Many people will ban a neutral stage that they know favors their opponent's main (in Melee terms, people ban FD against Falco mains, Battlefield or YS against Marth mains, etc.).

For your theoretical infinite lasers vs. infinite magnet situation, I actually wouldn't say that either player is stalling. The key point here is that both players are doing this voluntarily, so neither player would consider themselves to be being 'stalled' by the other here. In this case, I would argue that neither player would be at a big disadvantage if they tried to approach (Falco could laser while advancing, Ness could alternate between advancing and shielding), whereas real infinite stalls in a match would be in a situation where the other player does want to approach (ie: a Jiggs playing keepaway with infinite rising pound while the other player is down a stock is illegal). What would I do personally though? Go over and call them both morons :)

Stages (These will not change until the next bi-weekly):

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (Doubles)
Brinstar - Melee
Hanenbow
Distant Planet

Banned:
Corneria - Melee (Singles)
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Onett - Melee
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Green Greens - Melee
Pirate Ship
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Entry Fee: $1

Rules:
-Will be explained at the smash fest.
-Johns will lead to inevitable taunting (do so at your own risk).
-Victory dances are allowed, but you will look silly, so do so at your own expense.
Ruleset looks good, good job Randy!
Also a note to everyone else about the Johns rule: Team SCRA reserves the right to yell 'JJJJJJOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNSSSS!!!!!' loudly if you John :)

also, im going to make my stage discussion thread East Coast Canada Stage Discussion, that way we can get ab igger sense of what's going down. it's also more organized and stuff.

here's the stage thread. let's all direct stage posts here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4174472
I <3 you Jake, but to be honest I read the last page of that thread, and not a single post on that page discussed stages at all. It looks like just another GTA community thread atm.

I, along with 3 friends who post on and off here, would be interested.
I'll PM you my address, but as per my new rule, I want to be informed if you are bringing more people than the 3 friends along.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I originally thought I could make it this week, but I found out a few days ago that my dental appointment to have my wisdom teeth removed has been bumped to this friday :(

I so wanted to attend the first bi-weekly I almost thought I might try and show up, but it's just not possible. I'll be on all sorts of pain killers as well as a large amount of bleeding coming from my mouth, I should be okay for the week after this one though.

Fogel, my best friend was hoping to check out a SmashFest with me, preferably the week after this friday. He's an avid Brawl player and an all around good guy.

I just wanted to check-in with you, as I totally respect and understand the need for confirmation from now on.

Good luck to all attending the bi-weekly! can't wait to hear about it.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So, my plan at me not having to bus with my T.V. failed, so I'm busing with my T.V. ^^ (Asian emoticons ftw Joel).

I've decided that I will be leaving (very) early, and if the tourney starts at 19:30 I'll probably leave when it's over.

PNDMike, you should bring your Wii.

I liek wnt inz on tis turnyesz da? What will the setup be like? I know I'm going to be DFL but I still want a chance to play everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom