• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
uhh have we met b4? (sorry man) and were u at fogels smashfests?
sorry mann i didnt know alot of peoples namess though im still learning XD

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Nah, Mikey's skill level was 8999, so he went to kingston to make it over 9000, he is too good for us.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually making smashfest this week... ian prepare to be faired to death once more

arsenic41

Smash Ace
my ganon represented you while you were gone=) i was getting triple stomp combos to fairs it was sick
Lies, Ian's Gannon was teh fail, no one can ever replace your Gannon Phil (maybe except Kage, then again, he owns).

WarranThad

Smash Ace
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!
ATTENSHUN EVERYONE!!!!!!

:
Next Saturday (the 16th) in the afternoon I am having whoever wants to come over over.

This isn't necessarily a smash thing as much as it's a rock band/guitar hero/street fighter/brawl (someone has to have a modded wii)/anything fun thing. But i'm sure there will be smash.

Why you should come:
hot boxing my bathroom
west island is really boring without you guys
what else to do saturday-saturday evening, besides much cooler things?
you can stay over (2 couches+1 bed+random sleeping bags)

All are invited as long as it's not more then 12-15ish people. Please let me know ASAP so I can make sure i have enough room for everyone.

What you should bring:
chronics and needed things
liquors
monies
wiis
360's (halo too)
gamecubes and memory card and game
controllers cool games all that fun stuff\
TVs (i only have 1 downstairs and would like at least 2 more to be brought, maybe 3)
laptops that run tf2

If you're interested please add my msn: loldongs AT hotmail DOT com and ill give you my # and details on how to get here etc. or send me an email if im not online

this isn't a house party because i'm not stupid as **** and don't want all my **** stolen/broken/****ed up. i want to keep this smallish and with chill people.

if i don't know you that's fine and you're still invited but i won't be having too many peopel over i dont know.

blainville, st jerome, les cedres, downtown and etc. are all of course invited too.

i will also probably be having non-smashers over and there will be some variety on stuff to do i guess.

anyways that's pretty much it.

btw if i didn't mention it i live in pierrefonds near ile-bizard so it might be far for people, if you need to stay over let me know asap so i can accomodate.

also please dont steal the liquor from the bar in my basement because it's not mnie.

ok really thats all so please send me some messages people <3.
Last edited by WarranThad : Today at 11:48 AM.

lol copy pasta
ok i'm just throwing this out there for anyone who wants to do a weekend road trip. my parents are off to ottawa for the day/evening probably and yeah, why not invite ottawa over?

Fogel

Smash Lord
loll i ll be making a youtube account then soon enough, i ll send u a messsage here once i get that account done. But have u confirmed with everyone about this or u still deciding?
so im still having trouble with names..hahaha (correct me if im wrong)
ian = cbone teh fast falco guy?
derek = saus teh crazy link player?
daniel = phrozn teh crazy multi shiner fox?
cam = fogel sick needle canceling guy?
randy = arsenic teh awesome samus player?
whos teh tall guy named jazriel that i had awesome matches with?
And then no offense to teh other people but i forgot your names!
You're correct about everyone's real names. I'm not as sure anymore about making the vids private only; someone actually gave Randy useful advice recently on youtube, and some of the more recent comments have been pretty good. Would you guys mind posting whether you want the vids made private from now on or not? I'm still undecided as of now.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You're correct about everyone's real names. I'm not as sure anymore about making the vids private only; someone actually gave Randy useful advice recently on youtube, and some of the more recent comments have been pretty good. Would you guys mind posting whether you want the vids made private from now on or not? I'm still undecided as of now.
But then how can I enjoy the semi-epic "OMG FALCO U SUCK" comments? Lulz

WarrenThad, where do you live? The idea of playing Brawl and owning you guys at H3 sounds like fun.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Eh since some1 gave Randy some good ideas, then it should be alright then XD There are just some youtube haters like u said and have no life making fun of other people :p
And i ll be able to make it this week probably, (usual time 5-7:20ish-_- yes im being asian parents'd) i wanna vid tape my matches and preferrably me against u, cbone, phrozn and saus since i havent vid taped out matches yet, and to see what my mistakes are in such if thats all right with u

tect

Smash Journeyman
hmmm robert. i will be in montreal that day (saturday) in any case for a pr0zorz track meet... this may work out nicely provided someone can pick me up (say if ottawa goes!?) because of all the drama associated with getting around a city that i do not know

Fogel

Smash Lord
<long West Island-dealie post>
I fail at reading and somehow didn't notice this until just now :( I don't know if next weekend will be good for me, it's possible I could make it but don't count on it.

Eh since some1 gave Randy some good ideas, then it should be alright then XD There are just some youtube haters like u said and have no life making fun of other people :p
And i ll be able to make it this week probably, (usual time 5-7:20ish-_- yes im being asian parents'd) i wanna vid tape my matches and preferrably me against u, cbone, phrozn and saus since i havent vid taped out matches yet, and to see what my mistakes are in such if thats all right with u
I'm personally ok with it, whether or not the other guys want matches recorded is up to them.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I don't really mind if the videos are made private or not, if someone gives us advice then its all good, if someone gives us ****, then we can laugh at him. Either way, we win. But I want to keep the videos public, because there is always a chance of getting some advice.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally ok with it, whether or not the other guys want matches recorded is up to them.
Hmm then its all good as Arsenic also agrees its alright because its a win win situation ahha Theres no changes in this weeks smashfest or anything? (just confirming)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Not that slow Fogel. I've seen some lame matches but this one shows the mechanics of Brawl nicely. Though I can't tell if they're playing "Melee mode" a.k.a. High Gravity mode.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2DDxFX_V4
All that video shows is that Kirby's auto-cancelled aerials are about as fast as his L-cancelled aerials in Melee (the ICs barely used aerials at all). ICs and Kirby aren't exactly considered fast characters in Melee anyways; go watch some space animals/falcon Brawl videos, they are much slower.

(lol Kirby's Forward-B got even less range, as if they had to nerf him even more!)

Hmm then its all good as Arsenic also agrees its alright because its a win win situation ahha Theres no changes in this weeks smashfest or anything? (just confirming)
Yeah, it will be on Friday as usual.

I don't really mind if the videos are made private or not, if someone gives us advice then its all good, if someone gives us ****, then we can laugh at him. Either way, we win. But I want to keep the videos public, because there is always a chance of getting some advice.
True enough, most of the haters are probably just people who don't know how to L-cancel and would get 4-stocked by us anyways.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
attenshun ottawaites that might be coming that aren't tect: let me know soon if you'd like to come if you can, as i need to make sure everythings running smoothly with my brother (who wants to come home saturday to do laundry or something... but i think i can convince him otherwise).

so yeah, ill let you guys know by tomorrow.

tect

Smash Journeyman
anyway there might be room in dan's van? i'll have someone on my lap if need be!! baha
what time were you guys planning to leave?
me getting to the tournament whichever way possible is going to take some serious planning on my part to make it all work

Fogel

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT, everyone read the announcement post here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144202

I believe I personally got one of these emails (from some hacking site, not gonna post the link as I don't want to give them any traffic) so this breach is real!

Anyways, smashfest on Friday as usual.

anyway there might be room in dan's van? i'll have someone on my lap if need be!! baha
what time were you guys planning to leave?
me getting to the tournament whichever way possible is going to take some serious planning on my part to make it all work
I'm not going to speak for Dan, and I don't know exactly how many seats there are, but I think fitting more than 7 in the van will be hard. However, there's always a chance someone will bail/not be able to go or something. I'll tell Dan to check this thread and reply to you directly!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
ok, no problem with my brother. if you guys are interested still let me know asap so i can give you info and make sure im not too overbooked with people needing plcae to sleep.

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
I'm not as sure anymore about making the vids private only; someone actually gave Randy useful advice recently on youtube, and some of the more recent comments have been pretty good. Would you guys mind posting whether you want the vids made private from now on or not? I'm still undecided as of now.
You guys should definitely keep posting your vids on youtube. I enjoyed watching you guys play, yeah. Randy = Arsenic huh? Lol, his falcon is pretty good and I defintely wanna see his falcon after the advice I gave him. His Samus is the pwnz0rz too.

Anyways, you should keep em public, they're awesome vids and anyone giving negative feedbacks doesn't know **** about smash and should go die :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm assuming your Pokemonrulez eh? or something like that, I can't remember of the top of my head. Anyways, thanks for your opinion/advice, it makes life that much better :D

Fogel

Smash Lord
You guys should definitely keep posting your vids on youtube. I enjoyed watching you guys play, yeah. Randy = Arsenic huh? Lol, his falcon is pretty good and I defintely wanna see his falcon after the advice I gave him. His Samus is the pwnz0rz too.

Anyways, you should keep em public, they're awesome vids and anyone giving negative feedbacks doesn't know **** about smash and should go die :)
Thanks for the compliments, it's nice to know someone outside our little group appreciates them!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Randy! Guess what? Sam somehow still has StarCraft on his computer and I have my SC CD's here, so if/when you go over to his place, I'll try to set up a lan and we can play glorious StarCraft! Both SC and SC:BW and stuff. And of course Melee. You should try to come over this weekend so we can have a whole day to do stuff.

And I won't be at Fogel's tonight. I'm moving from my temporary residence to my actual residence.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
yo fogel, where was everyone yesterday, did they ever show up? and yup im lacking mindgames, i gotta go practice hahaha
nice vid btw, they did nerf sheik a bit

Fogel

Smash Lord
yo fogel, where was everyone yesterday, did they ever show up? and yup im lacking mindgames, i gotta go practice hahaha
nice vid btw, they did nerf sheik a bit
They showed up like a minute after you left :(

Don't worry about the mindgames thing, it will come with experience. Your tech skill is really good, so once you are able to predict what they'll do you won't have problems with execution (unlike me, who messes technical stuff up a lot).

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
cbone - OMG u serious? ROFLL ah o well theres always next time, i was getting owned by cam teh whole time anyways so its a good thing u guys didnt watch hahaahha...
o yeahh u guys can drive...ahahah im still 15 -_-
cam - it comes with experience? i didnt know that, i thought u had to practice somehwere hahaha alrite thanks man

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Well, mindgames really does come with experience, since it requires you to predict what a person will most likely do when you do something, and then taking advantage of that knowlege to set up traps or something. Its hard to just "practice" mindgames.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I think Randy's explanation just about covers it. You can't 'practice' predicting what other people will do without actually playing against other people.

Also, most of you who would be coming already know this, but the next smashfest will be on THURSDAY instead of Friday.

My brother and I are going to be out of town for the weekend so I won't have time Friday night to play smash, sorry!

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
dammit, then i cant practice that! i ve only got my 7 yr old bro to verse who doesnt verse me anyways...-_-, kk i think i MIGHT (imma go check) be able to come this week, but definitely not next week :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom