• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try to make it to that. Havent been to a big tourney in a while.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
So everyone is welcome to come over for smash tonight... Especially for brawl? Looks to be not too many people... and most of them play melee... so come play brawl so im not bored.

buenob

Smash Lord
Hey guys! guess what?? you know all that "Gaming Ottawa" stuff that I was talking about? well it's still happening!!

and on top of that, we are getting a lot of interest specifically from the street fighter and LoL communities, and hopefully you guys can make an appearance... the link is www.gamingottawa.ca/forum

sign up, and also please make sure to sign up for our mailing list on our homepage, 'cause we are about to send out an email with information like the fact that we are in the process of booking the room for our first tournament which is happening this year, and that NEXT FRIDAY WE HAVE RENTED OUT THE BACK ROOM AT THE HEART AND CROWN ON PRESTON FOR A SOCIABLE!

that's right... show up with whatever kind of hats you want, but make sure to bring your controllers because we have access to 3 tv's (will have brawl + sf on at least one all night)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh cool, there's actually a forum there now. Sweet. I already signed up for the mailing list, but thanks for the reminder about registering there.

buenob

Smash Lord
it looks like we're aiming for the first weekend in december for our tournament... it might get pushed back a week or two but december for sure! we are really excited to start hosting stuff, as it really is a lot easier approaching sponsors as a not-for-profit

you guys need to confirm on FB for coming to our social at the heart and crown on friday night too :p

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Yo Ben! Facebook and I dont get along anymore. I cannot log on for fear that my computer will not be able to deal with the number of incoming notifications, missed events, photo tags and whatever the f*** kids are doing with their facebooks these days. So I would prefer not to register on facebook, but I am going to try to come out on friday!

Also if their is to be a tournament soon, we had better get some practice in one of these days!

buenob

Smash Lord
seriously! good to hear you will be out we can get some games lol games in on friday but it would be great to practice with you... last time i made it out to your place you were absent :p

i'm super busy these days but if we plan a day I can make time - always time for brawl

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Fogel retired last year.
We have Chrusher, Wak, Charlesz, BCAL, BL!TZ, Ganonpwn, mouse, qumbug, chl0rof0rm, and a few others whose names elude me. Jazriel and Arsenic still play Melee, too. HiDef plays it now. PNDMike...
Oh, and me.

PND has been holding the scene up for both groups. We might end up developing a 64 group, too!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Fogel retired last year.
We have Chrusher, Wak, Charlesz, BCAL, BL!TZ, Ganonpwn, mouse, qumbug, chl0rof0rm, and a few others whose names elude me. Jazriel and Arsenic still play Melee, too. HiDef plays it now. PNDMike...
Oh, and me.

PND has been holding the scene up for both groups. We might end up developing a 64 group, too!
Chrusher? As in David the asian guy? Man LOL that guy is just all over the place

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Who in ottawa plays melee? and who are the top players
The legendary BCAL is our best player. In fact he's so good that he doesn't even play with us because we are too noob. There goes a saying...

My mother said to me¸ "If you are a soldier¸ you will become a general. If you are a monk¸ you will become the Pope". Instead¸ I was a smasher¸ and became BCAL.

PND

Smash Champion
BCAL is so legendary that in Ottawa, Wobbling is banned. . . .Unless you use the BCAL tag.

And yes, that's an actual rule here.

EDIT: HEYHEYHEY, where the **** is my blue name? I finally get recognized as a TO and now they got rid of blue names? :( :( :(

Vanitas

Smash Ace
The legendary BCAL is our best player. In fact he's so good that he doesn't even play with us because we are too noob. There goes a saying...

My mother said to me¸ "If you are a soldier¸ you will become a general. If you are a monk¸ you will become the Pope". Instead¸ I was a smasher¸ and became BCAL.
BCAL is so legendary that in Ottawa, Wobbling is banned. . . .Unless you use the BCAL tag.

And yes, that's an actual rule here.

EDIT: HEYHEYHEY, where the **** is my blue name? I finally get recognized as a TO and now they got rid of blue names? :( :( :(
facepalm* you guys suck
@ Ministry - Our best player hands down (Im pretty sure the whole community agrees), is GanonPWN! although he seems to have retired from the game permanently.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah, I probably won't. Classes tomorrow, likely have to get police check, and then gotta be in Perth again on Sunday. So uh...I NEED a day or two off from all that stuff going on. :glare:

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
^Actually Ben said there will be gaming going on in the backroom thats booked for us.

I wanna show up but might have some other stuff going on.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Well, I'm probably still going. It looks like not many people off here will be going, but I know there will be a bunch of other people going. So, chance to meet new people, then.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I thought that gamging ottawa thing started at 9. Wouldnt be worth it at this point :(.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
sorry guys the toronto tourney is just terribly timed for me, final essays and such you know.

HOWEVER! Saturday (2 days from now) I will be going to brockville to play in a tourney there. Its really short notice but also quite close. Anybody with the day off saturday should join me.. I have 3 or 4 seats available

Top Bottom