• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

flash7

Smash Journeyman
that was in the west coast? I thought Houston was eastish or possibly middle. Or where there alot of west coast players there? Also East has always been better than west, in general. This is not including all the times Ken has won im thinking in overall skill and looking at Full coast crew matches.

Im sure Meta saw tons of play in the top 8. Azen im pretty sure had to go MK against lee.

PND

Smash Champion
that was in the west coast? I thought Houston was eastish or possibly middle. Or where there alot of west coast players there? Also East has always been better than west, in general. This is not including all the times Ken has won im thinking in overall skill and looking at Full coast crew matches.

Im sure Meta saw tons of play in the top 8. Azen im pretty sure had to go MK against lee.
Yeah, lots of WC players showed up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Skimmed over the link thread, and it sounds like it was cool. It's funny, I actually didn't know Meta was banned in some places until Mike told me. Speaking of which, good to hear your grandmother got through things alright, man.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
That HOBO list is gross, no Pika or Kirby anywhere. And rofl at the high placing Yoshi/Samus guys. AND MANONDORF MADE IT OUT OF POOLS ROFL. I mean, epic.

I've never heard anything about this Niagara tourney so far, but if it's in November there is a chance that I would have enough money to make the trip. Also, where in Niagara? It's somewhat my hometown-area thingy and depending on the location I could go to my relatives.

Speaking of which, you're not allowed to randomly pan-handle in Toronto. They have auditions at the beginning of the year to allow only the talented performers the right to perform on the street, and they all get sanctioned areas I believe. I believe you will be fined if you go against those laws.

Which reminds me, I also have a relative in Toronto, yay cheaper fare for me! :p

And Derek mentioned something about Buenob hosting something tomorrow (Wednesday) at his place? What's the plan? If anyone is going by Kanata/Nepean I wouldn't mind a ride.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Its in St. Catharines apparently. How close/far is that from actual Toronto?

Cool banner we have now. Harold did you make that?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
St. Catharines is about 3 hours from Toronto if memory serves correctly. Give or take an hour.

Hmm, my cousins and my sister live in St. Catherines. Crap.

My sister is insane and my cousins are crazy religious nutjobs, so they're also insane.

That's okay though, 'cause I'll just tell them to SHUT THE **** UP! Then I'll powershield their "You swore in front of Jesus!" and eat all their food! Muwahahaha!

But a tourney in November sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll become good enough to actually have a chance to get out of pools. ^_^

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Its in St. Catharines apparently. How close/far is that from actual Toronto?

Cool banner we have now. Harold did you make that?
Harold = working atm

Yes he made it. He said he's going to change it every week, I'm not sure what it'll be based on everytime. Probably his johns if I had to guess.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Harold that comic is awesome, it brings the nice art and the funny.

If I can get my tablet back from my friend, I might do a weekly Ottawa pic/comic as well, if I wasn't stepping on your toes.

It would be like, Harold's view of the Bi-weekly/Smashfest, compared to James' view of the Smashfest/Bi-weekly :p:)

Percon

Smash Lord
St. Catharines is about 3 hours from Toronto if memory serves correctly. Give or take an hour.

Hmm, my cousins and my sister live in St. Catherines. Crap.

My sister is insane and my cousins are crazy religious nutjobs, so they're also insane.

That's okay though, 'cause I'll just tell them to SHUT THE **** UP! Then I'll powershield their "You swore in front of Jesus!" and eat all their food! Muwahahaha!

But a tourney in November sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll become good enough to actually have a chance to get out of pools. ^_^
You should come.

Also, St.Catharines is 1.5 hours away from TO, give or take a half hour.

buenob

Smash Lord
that thread pre-dates the 'over 9000' fad, so it was is cool for liking a fad before it was popular

flash7

Smash Journeyman
lol they randomly found a ssb3 prediction thread using the thread number thats over 9000. It was actually kinda scary how they got alot of things right.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Yeah, when I was reading the first few posts I was thinking that they were just edited old ones. That's some Sylvia Brown **** right there.

Edit: Anyone hosting a pre-minifest sometime before Friday?
I'm cool with people over this Wednesday. However, I only want a maximum of THREE people over so post/check/msn first to be sure. Orlando would be spot one if he can come. Is Ben having people over at the same time? Sorry, scratch that. In a moment of temporary sanity I've decided to spend all of tomorrow, evening included, finishing up my portfolio and cover letters. I must meet my goal of getting a job before December! Sorry Mason. :(

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You should come.

Also, St.Catharines is 1.5 hours away from TO, give or take a half hour.
Looks like my memory doesn't serve correctly. :p

I probably will, I need to see what's up with school/budget/crazy-insane-sister first though.

And Harold, if you can somehow inform me of your address and I can look it up on OCTranspo Travel Planner and it's not crazy hard to get to and I feel like playing smash and you have pizza so I can out do Randy and you have pizza for Randy and we bank MetaKnight and then we play only MetaKnight friendlies and then I like pie, I'll come.

Locke)

Smash Ace
"accept the fact that sonic will NEVER be in it, come on, they don't even put RAREware characters, what makes you think they will put sega chars?

my bets are

pit (kid icarus)
paula, jeff or poo (from earthbound)
wolf o'donnell (star fox)
metaknight and dedede (kirby)
another pokemon
wario"

This guy either works for nintendo or is some kind of demi-god psychic. Except for the sonic part, wow what a predicition.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai lurks smashboards for ideas <.< >.>

Therefore I predict ssb4 will have:

-Some form of cancelling aerial move lag upon landing on the ground
-Characters will be unable to move after being hit with the time of unmoveability being proportional to percentage
-The ability to run in one direction and then having gone some distance run in the opposite direction
-another pokemon
-and possibly have the ability to dodge in a certain direction for the lulz

Locke)

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai lurks smashboards for ideas <.< >.>

Therefore I predict ssb4 will have:

-Characters will be unable to move after being hit with the time of unmoveability being proportional to percentage
-The ability to run in one direction and then having gone some distance run in the opposite direction
-another pokemon
It's important to note that the addition of those aspects would definietly make the game more FUN and I would definitely bring it to PARTIES and in no way would it become COMPETITIVE in any way shape or form.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
-another pokemon
That SSB4 sounds like a big step back:
- Cancelling aerial move lag sounds redundant. There would be no reason to NOT cancel the lag and so the moves might as well have their own cooldown time (as they do now) without extra input from the players. If you're just asking for shorter cooldown times on aerial attacks, that would speed up the game too much as well as putting too much emphasis on aerial attacks (which are overused as is).
- Hit stun isn't fun. While the player doing the combo will experience the sense of satisfaction that comes with temporarily having control of his opponent, the opposing player will not be enjoying himself.
- This ability is already in Brawl. Thankfully, so as to prevent abuse as well as prevent the characters from looking like a bunch of *******, skidding lag is added when turning.
- Too many Pokémon would oversaturate the character roster. There are enough Pokémon to represent the series of games.
- I'd actually rather like it if different characters dodged in different ways... some would have the Melee dodge (which sucked), some would have the Brawl dodge, some wouldn't be able to dodge (Bowser, DK, etc.)...

Locke)

Smash Ace
Call me crazy but Flash7 was just stating melee techniques that were taken out for Brawl. L-cancel, hitstun, better dashdancing, directional dodging.

My master plan is to convince sakurai about how much FUN we'd have with those techniques brought back.

Anyways, he's been quoted as saying he'd need a really big reason to create smash4 and that will either mean new console or mobs outside his house.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
lol party pooper.

-Since you can still mess this up its a reward of sorts for pulling it off
-Technically competitive play isnt fun, since its play to win. Also two things can defeat this, proper DI and more importantly as Isai says: "Dont get hit". Which sounds dumb at first but actually has alot of value
-Its useless now and since you can "mindgame" with it theres no reason not to like it.
-lol ya. Need more Samus/F-zero chars or something. Or maybe a virtual boy so rob wont be all alone.

But lets not make this into a big thing, I still like Brawl, but tripping? OMGWTFBBQ

To make it less competitive he should just take out the fighting. Also Ive never been to Japan so I might be down for the mob thing :p.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Sakurai doesn't own Smash Bros.. Nintendo does. At any time (like when Wii sales start to slow down) they can snap their fingers and get any developer to make a new Smash Bros. game. If I recall correctly, they announced Brawl before Sakurai was even attached to it. Personally, I think that they should make Nintendo vs. Capcom using Brawl's game engine stuff and with Ono as the director. He seems to have a very good grasp of fighting games (err, excluding that Crapcom All-Stars garbage...). According to him, Street Fighter IV ISN'T A FIGHTING GAME! It's a tool. Like chess... ... ... Seriously, that guy says the same thing every interview...

Locke)

Smash Ace
Sakurai has been a big part of running all three smash games. Choosing someone else to lead another installment could drastically change the game for the better or worse, but probably worse imo.

Locke)

Smash Ace
I play occasionally but not enough to compete very well. How about you? Best marth in ontario yet?

As for Brawl getting worse, I can think of a few changes another director could bring around. Brawl changes were what I would call tweaks, but another person could change core aspects.

Nintendo might own smash but they don't necessarily control the game's development.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Oh probably not anytime soon man. Plus I've sworn off my marth. I play melee for kicks now with the crew. When is the tourney?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday get together: Doesnt seem like it.

Mike: Looks like things went well for you, good to hear :).

That Toronto tourney has been in the works for a while now. It would be nice if you combined forces with Percon and have brawl/melee thing. Although time would be a major factor since running brawl alone takes ages. That and there seems to be some drama over there between the brawl and melee players, atleast there was a few weeks ago.

I would consider going to a melee tourney with some ottawa peeps but if its too close to the Niagara one then I wouldnt be able to. Being a student is the hard life :p.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I was actually going to ask if that meant you got the thing sorted out Mike(or, for now at least), but looks like you pretty much answered that yourself.

And drama between the Brawl/Melee players? Hm, actually hadn't expected that.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Well, I was actually going to ask if that meant you got the thing sorted out Mike(or, for now at least), but looks like you pretty much answered that yourself.

And drama between the Brawl/Melee players? Hm, actually hadn't expected that.
There isn't really a problem between Brawl and Melee players in Ottawa (not that there are many exclusive Melee players here), but in Toronto it seems they are pretty mean to each other over it.

Top Bottom