• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Locke)

Smash Ace
You're gonna cram 7+ people AND a setup into a van? Plz take vids of the epic journey-to-be.

And also plz tell me the cop's reaction if you get pulled over!

PND

Smash Champion
Not sure about the party. On the Friday, from what I understand (assuming Haze and Nukls are still joining us) we were going to go see our friend and hopefully score with her hot roommates. She doesn't know about the tourney or the trying to score aspect, we just told her we'd visit while we were down. That's about as far as we've planned. Oh, and apparently I'm cooking them dinner. I'm pretty good in the kitchen.

That's all I know. Hot roommates, and I'm cooking dinner. That puts me in a pretty good position to get into "better" positions, so we'll see where that takes me.

buenob

Smash Lord
haha nice :) just wanted to know if I had to make the decision between dorm partying with apparent hotties and practicing smash lol... I think i'd probably practice with percon anyways but I just wanted to know that I _was_ actually that lame
--
don't forget retlaf is coming down too

PND

Smash Champion
Nah, it's nothing like that. I'm just tragically clueless about the plans. And yeah, so last count it was:

Me (O RLY)
You (YA RLY)
Retlaf
Orlando
Harold
Haze
Nukls
HiDef (Pretty sure he's not going anymore)

So that's 7 (counting Dave out) but we need confirmation, people!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No worries man, I was just messing with ya. And yeah, I should be good (if you were even referring to me, and if not still good if there's room) as long as I don't have work or something. And if I do, well...my job blows and everything's so lax there that I could get the day off likely anyway.

PND

Smash Champion
Um, we're talking about a major tournament in Niagara in Novemeber, haha. I don't think I've mentioned this to you yet >_>

And the nah comment was to Buenob.

But yeah, I know hot ladies. What do you take me for?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol, touche :)

ps mike- you guys are on carleton campus right? would there be a good day/night to swing by to brawl you guys?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'm definitely not going to make it down there XD Sorry guys. And the sad thing is I'm getting better now D:

Also, no point keeping a secret, I'm trying to take up the man himself, Mario. I'd love to get some practice in sometime so I can see where I stand with him right now.

buenob

Smash Lord
if you need some help harold and I both have decent mario's... just remember... utilt is your friend!

SHORYUKEN!

PND

Smash Champion
Bryant and Riley are on campus, yeah. I'm a ways away. During the weekends I'm usually living on their floor, so pretty much anytime is good.

Also: Friday night after the biweekly I'm either going to be drunk off my *** celebrating, or drunk off my *** drowning my sorrows. Long story, I'll tell it in person. But you peeps are welcome to join, if that's the kind of thing that you think you might be into. (Obscure reference FTW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0

This trend will probably continue to Saturday, at which point I may or may not be dead. So with absolutely no permission from Riley and Bryant, I'm going to say Saturday would be a pretty good day. Anytime before that needs to be discussed with them.

Also, Alan: aglkjhslkgs Mario. My most humiliating defeat ever was to a Mario at ToS5. I should have counterpicked my duck friend down there (Falco) but I felt obligated to stick with Jiggs. Marios and I are on shaky footing.

buenob

Smash Lord
what are you guys doing friday before the biweekly? got class or spare time?

PND

Smash Champion
Excellent. Everyone else needs to coinfarm in giant colored text as well, so we have an idea of who is committed. That's right, this isn't just a trip. It's a COMMITMENT.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Are we talking legally or spatially? I'm pretty sure the van can hold about 9-10 people if we cram >_> Not sure on the legality of that, though.
TEN PEOPLE!? That's it!? Pfft! Being hispanic and all that, I'm pretty sure that I can smuggle in around fourty people, cross the border unnoticed, AND steal a few American jobs as soon as we land there. As for legality, no worries there either. Just say the magic words: "No espeakeh english."

/\ I'm in! Chillin' at Niko's place? Hell's yeah!

By the way Orlando, I hate you. I've had shawarma for dinner for the past two nights. I think you've ruined me.

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, another important thing that came up today, as of a few hours ago: On Wednesday I may have potentially devastating news towards the tourneyjourney. I can't say yet, but I'll know for sure on Wednesday whether or not it's a real threat or not. I'll keep you informed and stuff as the situation develops.

OMG Suspense.

EDIT: Glad we have you on our side, Harold. I'm sure those skills will come in handy. However you forgot to confirm in giant text.

Also, if there's room I may bring my acoustic guitar and take requests for $ and lolz. I always try to travel with an instrument in case of emergency lack of funds. Musical ability can come in handy.

Oh, on that note: Andrew, that was you at ToS5 playing piano, right?

PND

Smash Champion
No, I'm a drummer first, but I play guitar as well. I can't very well lug my drum kit to Niagara :dizzy:

buenob

Smash Lord
ya me and andrew can't exactly haul full sized pianos around... he plays bass and I kinda learned guitar too... andrew knows more 'pop' songs while I pretty much only have classical to draw from

if we're getting all hippie maybe i'll bring my acoustic too and you can teach me some stuff (space and wednesday permitting)

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah. I'm not sure if I'm quite good enough to do any teaching, but I'll see what knowledge / technique I can impart. I'm currently trying to learn the Brawl remix of mute city but that solo is hell to play acoustically.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
YES MUSIC! I'll try to bring my piano. Growing muscles so huge I can't hug people permitting.

Speaking of learning music from brawl, I'm currently working on their version of brambles.

PND

Smash Champion
What about a keyboard? Not quite the same thing, I know, but we can totally be a sweet musical hippie van.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
I still have my old one, but I have already sold it. (hasn't been picked up)

Maybe I'll still have it around by then and I can invest in some batteries. :D

IvanEva

Smash Ace
If bringing grand piano's is a problem, just head on down to Toys 'R Us and buy one of those Fisher Price piano thingies. I mean, ok, they don't exactly have as many notes but whatever. They should still get the job done. If anything it'll make playing on the streets even better. "Ah, look, they must have just graduated from some special ed class. Here's $10."

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I missed quite a bit of stuff :p.

Any ways im COINFARMED as well (sorry my giant text making skills are limited)

Flight of the Conchords are cool. Business time and the one they do on letterman (beautiful?) are probably my fave.

Mike: I cant wait till Wednesday! The suspense is killing me!

Also I have an idea regarding the van, but dont expect anything to happen. Just a quick question:
1. What do you need to drive a van that is borrowed? In case you get pulled over.

With all the instruments we might have we should just pan handle/perform in downtown toronto to cover most of the travelling costs. Anyone willing to show some skin? :p

Harold: I hope you're having the plate, their sandwiches are sub par, but the plate is probably best in Ottawa. Assuming you're eating at the palace :).

Edit: Anyone hosting a pre-minifest sometime before Friday?

buenob

Smash Lord
flight of the conchords is one of my favourite shows... jenny is my favourite

I can sing this one no problem :)

PND

Smash Champion
I missed quite a bit of stuff :p.

Any ways im COINFARMED as well (sorry my giant text making skills are limited)

Flight of the Conchords are cool. Business time and the one they do on letterman (beautiful?) are probably my fave.

Mike: I cant wait till Wednesday! The suspense is killing me!

Also I have an idea regarding the van, but dont expect anything to happen. Just a quick question:
1. What do you need to drive a van that is borrowed? In case you get pulled over.

With all the instruments we might have we should just pan handle/perform in downtown toronto to cover most of the travelling costs. Anyone willing to show some skin? :p

Harold: I hope you're having the plate, their sandwiches are sub par, but the plate is probably best in Ottawa. Assuming you're eating at the palace :).

Edit: Anyone hosting a pre-minifest sometime before Friday?
I wish I could tell you guys what's going on, but legally I can't. To drive a rented van, a G2 driver's license is needed.

Also, I'd show some skin, but we'd probably lose money. Riley's the looker o' the bunch. He should :p

PND

Smash Champion
You know the basics, yeah. Simply put, this week things got hella more complex and stressful. Thankfully though, it also means things will be resolved sooner than later.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Not a rented van but just a borrowed one. Just a G2? How would registration play into that?

Edit: Mike: Whatever it is, I hope things turn out the best for you.

PND

Smash Champion
As far as I know, to "borrow" someone else's vehicle legally you have to be 25.

Also: thanks for the good luck, guys. We're born alone and we die alone, sometimes there are things you have to do on your own. This is one of those things. I'll explain everything in detail on Friday, but I'll post tomorrow to let y'all know what's going on.

EDIT: The first issue has been resolved successfully. My Grandmother made it through her life threatening surgery alright. That's a huge load of stress off my chest. That one I could talk about, and think I might have mentioned. The other is the one I have to be silent about.

PND

Smash Champion
HOBO results.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197642

1: M2K (meta)
2: Azen (lucario/meta)
3: Lee (meta)
4: DMG (wario
5: DSF (snake/meta)
5: Roy_R (marth)
7: Edrees (peach)
7: Hylian (GW/meta?)

I guess this settles it. East Coast >>> West Coast.

Only 2 Metaknight mains in the top 8, too, although 3 others seconded him. Dojo came 9th, for all those wondering. Congrats to Edrees coming 7th with Peach.

Top Bottom