• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Squash is going to be tomorrow (Sunday) and we'll meet either at 9 or 9:30 depending on the time Harold has to work. Its uncertain whether Mike will come or not at this point so expect the regular price.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I just gota call from someone who wants to check out the apartment on sunday 11 am...so I can't make it at that time...sorry guys :(

IvanEva

Smash Ace
/\ **** apartment responsibilies...

Orlando: Mike is good for tomorrow morning. So, tomorrow, we meet up at Lincoln Fields at around 9:30 or so, quickly go to Mike's apartment (right beside Lincoln Fields), pick him up (or perhaps I'll just tell him to meet us as Lincoln Fields, now that I think about it), bus over to Goodlife, have the best squash games of our lives, go home/work.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I have Kaylee's family coming over Sunday at 10:30 so it looks like I won't be making it either as much I would love to go and play :(

flash7

Smash Journeyman
We may be changing the time but Sundays seem best so far. Althoug personally I dont mind getting up early otherwise I get up late and feel like the whole day is gone.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh yeah? I'll sell it to you for an EVEN HIGHER PRICE!!!!

WHAT A DISCOUNT!!

GG's Derek, we have to show everyone the replay of me 2-stocking you in our Martha ditto :p

D-Smash on Box, almost as epic as Reverse-Falcon Punch -> Taunt, srsly.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
All I have to say is.... lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Well, it can't happen here in Ottawa until we've experienced first-hand a one-sided Metabeatdown. Something nobody has been able to do yet. Moses, chop, chop! Get to it! Hell, if anything, Ottawa should consider banning Marth. :laugh:

buenob

Smash Lord
seriously wtf guys? am I the only man in ottawa? no that would be PNDMike for playing the puff

jan

Smash Cadet
About recording matches:

There's a code for homebrew that allows replays longer than three minutes to saved. I tested it on a four minute match, and it worked. If anybody has a video capture card and can connect their Wii to it, we can save the replays to an SD card and whoever wants to capture/edit them can take the replays home. It'll definitely save the trouble of someone bringing a PC and having to edit down a giant video.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
About recording matches:

There's a code for homebrew that allows replays longer than three minutes to saved. I tested it on a four minute match, and it worked. If anybody has a video capture card and can connect their Wii to it, we can save the replays to an SD card and whoever wants to capture/edit them can take the replays home. It'll definitely save the trouble of someone bringing a PC and having to edit down a giant video.
Sounds like a good idea, although now we just need someone who actually wants to do it.
Not it :p.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
About recording matches:

This could work, the only problem is that when recording the grand finals of any event, we will have to either:

a) install the homebrew channel on Cam's wii
b) unhook his wii from the main tv and hook yours up

buenob

Smash Lord
and now some boring math for those wanting to go to niagra! (here's to you mike!)

$ 236.25 CAD Total

is what it will cost to rent a 7 person mini-van from noon on the 7th (friday) until noon on monday (10th)

added on to that is the mileage limit... $ = (traveled - 600) * .2 which means 1 dollar per 5 km we go over 600... but it's 559 km one way (from my house) which means it'll be $120 more to go there and back...

the gas mileage on the van is 10.203449 kilometers per litre, so we'll use approx $130 in gas (1.20 / L assumption) and assuming we don't dilly-dally in the city too much... lets round that up to 175 'cause it'll be a full car

so in total, that's ~$535 total, so split 7 ways just over $75 each for transportation ($76.43)

tourney entrance fee will be 25 each so that's 100 for everything but food... assume 50 bucks for food each (possible to go under, but definitely also to go over) and we're looking at:

~$150 for a friday-sunday vacation

this is also assuming that we can leave at noon on friday

I also have been in talks with niko a bit and i know there will definitely be some festivities going on around the tourney (friendlies friday night, partying saturday night) so you can factor that in too

so yeah... I don't want to end up having people need to back out the day before due to money john's... i looked around and really this is the cheapest... obviously if someone has a van this would be _way_ cheaper but alas I don't think anyone does

i'm done doing math now

PND

Smash Champion
Also: That cost goes down if someone over 25 rents it in their name. I'm still willing to drive.

I'm in for the costs. Think of it this way: Once Ben, Orlando, and I take 3rd, 2nd, and 1st respectively we're likely to make close to $1,500. Factor in doubles, and our cut only goes up. This is an investment opportunity, people.

Also, not only will I be taking that weekend to attend a big smash tourney, but party with one of my great friends (you may have kind of met her, that day she attended) and a dormful of her female roommates. Deal = sealed. Plus smash after party Sat? Done and done.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
As per Mike's request (well, and me stupidly posting in the wrong thread), just thought I'd say "yo guys". Hopefully I can get into this, and eventually I'll probably be able to help some people in the area out with stuff, or at the very least just help Mike with gas money or a means to transport stuff.

PND

Smash Champion
Okay guys, this is Tyler. He's an old war buddy of mine. Last time I played him he played Falco and Wario, which is a startling coincidence. And yeah. He may come to a smashfest in the upcoming days, provided it's alright with Cam.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, funny thing is, since we played, I've been practicing with Fox primarily. I've done some Falco practicing too, with a little bit of Bowser and one or two Wario games. And yeah, if it's alright with him, we should be good.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Once Ben, Orlando, and I take 3rd, 2nd, and 1st respectively.
I am going to three stock you twice this coming bi-weekly for your insolence! :laugh:

On a less serious note, can we get a list of people who are coming along in the van and such? There's PNDMike, Orlando, Ben, myself... who else? Also, will the van only hold 7 people max? More people = less gas.

PND

Smash Champion
Are we talking legally or spatially? I'm pretty sure the van can hold about 9-10 people if we cram >_> Not sure on the legality of that, though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, if it's anything like my van you could fit 7 people with seats alone, and probably like 3 behind the back seats, and some small people under the seats.

Locke)

Smash Ace
I forgot to add ****** clowns.

Have you checked greyhound prices? They've been knife-related-incident free for months now.

Too soon?

buenob

Smash Lord
psh i was making greyhounding jokes the day of...

mostly, it's 6 hours via car and 8hrs via bus, + the bus sucks and we cant' set up a tv in the back... andyou gotta use it's schedule... and the price is like 10 bucks cheaper...

mike-- what's this party you speak of? are we invited too? lol

Top Bottom