• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

flash7

Smash Journeyman
They both require you to hit a ball with a racket within some boundaries, scoring is similar (cant bounce on the floor twice). But thats about it, check out some youtube vids to see what the courts are like. Note the racket is different from a tennis one.

What do you mean by strict scoring rules?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
<.<; Usually when I play tennis, I just try to rally, etc. I don't keep track of score because I have a hard time serving properly. I usually play tennis against my dad and he's pretty good x.x

flash7

Smash Journeyman
We tend to keep score for motivation and so we know when to switch opponents up since there are usually 4 of us. You're aim should be more than rallying, it should be to score a point ;).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Heheh, well, it's not like I just hit it randomly. I do try to play tennis as it should be played, I just don't keep score and every game I serve would be given to the opponent because of double faults XD

IvanEva

Smash Ace
And Squirtle. Besides, this is to cure cancer. Seriously. Like, did you know that Polio was only really taken care of when Mike Tyson bit Hollyfield. It's true. Fighting makes good things happen. For example, can you think of a time when you've been sick since you started playing Brawl as much as you do now? No? That's because even video game battles are good for your health.

That being said, I strongly recommend for people to come along and watch what real fighting looks like. It'll make video game fighting that much more entertaining (since real fighting can be pretty... lacking sometimes...).

buenob

Smash Lord
lol, go check out "the icemen" on youtube...

it's my bro in a comedy figureskating troupe... 15 guys raising money to save boobs from breast cancer (only 2 of them are gay lol)

there are many ways to raise money for cancer... most of them don't involve 2 men engaging in semi-erotic semi-naked dancing :) *I know that's not what it is but i'm just poking fun... just not that interested*

Locke)

Smash Ace
As much as it hurts to say it, the original thread should be put down. 95% of people who created and supported that thread are gone now, so it's only right to let it die in peace. Keep it to this thread for general chat aka squash chat by the looks of it, one for the bi-weekly event, and maybe another one for a tier list (See my megaman idea I posted in the bi-weekly one =D =D )

IvanEva

Smash Ace
In a last ditch effort to convince people to come to Throw Down with me, this is basically what you can expect. Seriously, that's what Muai Thai fights look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQ96EZfYuE

Locke /\: Another thread for the power rankings may be excessive. It's so closely tied in with the bi-weeklies that it's better off staying there. Sucks that you didn't make it for the bi-weeklies as I still haven't forgotten our money match dealie. :)

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Harold I'm not sure if I can make it to your place this wednesday, I have an interview at 3:30, but if I can, I'll probably show up at 5:30 or so.

jan

Smash Cadet
The other day I tried to pull a Randy... by which I mean that I jacked a TV that somebody left of the side of road the night before garbage day and brought it home. Unfortunately, I didn't have the tech skills or mind games to get it working.

The new thread is pretty cool, but it would be cooler if Goblin made a banner for this one, too. ;)

Anyway, I'll be going to Harold's on Wednesday in the morning, and probably leaving in the early afternoon. Also, you can add me to the list of players in the first post, Harold.

Fogel

Smash Lord
You can put me down in the smasher list. Also, in the first post, you forgot to mention the regular smashfest happening this Friday.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Boom shaka laka! Harold, I'm down for going to your place tomorrow, PM me directions tonight and stuffs.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah throw me in for the reg smashers too :)

ps. randy was just here and we went 50-50 wario vs. rob... what a beast... I think I'm getting the hang of it though :) mind you, same thing goes for him against me

arsenic41

Smash Ace
GG's ben, you analyze play styles and adapt at a speed which scares Jaded melee pro's when brawl became popular, oh and me.

but I have to say, we were evenly matched today, lets see what happens the next time we meet :p

I will try my best to show up tomorrow, have some pre assignment work that I have to do, so I havve to either finish that today and show up tomorrow.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Jan: I'm going to make a banner but my free time is being spent on making a resume and working on Marvin.... and playing lots of games...

Jazriel: Check the front page for my address. I don't mind posting it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Oh, right. Ben, when we went over to your place last week, my dad tried to get the apartment number by asking somebody on your floor "where the nerdiest people live". I think they pointed him in the right direction; there were just too many options (doors).

flash7

Smash Journeyman
^lol wtf.

Also any more Squash Participants? Andrew? I believe Randy said he was good to go so you can add him to the list Harold.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Insonmia ftw...

so yeah, just to confirm, I will be showing up today, but expcet me very tired.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to make it to this Squashfest. I'm hosting something at my place all day that day. If only it was on Sunday.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
We'll see what brings out more people. I believe Harold told me that Mike was good with Sunday so if he cant make Saturday then we will make it Sunday since the discount would be nice.

infomon

Smash Scientist
IvanEva: Is there room for me to join in some Brawling, today? I could bring a wii and/or tv if there's space?

buenob

Smash Lord
i'll be away in T. this weekend so no squash for me :(

and I get off class at 7pm... i'll give randy a call at that time and if there's still stuff going on at harolds I may make the treck

flash7

Smash Journeyman
IvanEva: Is there room for me to join in some Brawling, today? I could bring a wii and/or tv if there's space?
Theres probably room for you although theres no room for another tv/brawl unless they move a computer. If you go youll understand.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Sorry Harold, couldn't make it today. I'll see you guys on Friday, or if you want we could try some Wi-Fi for the lulz.

Top Bottom