• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

flash7

Smash Journeyman
1. Ah, so you're overflowing with passion and your resolve to improve has gotten better? Moreso, you now can think of nothing more than improving? ;)

2. For the people there it was. Those were $700 grabs.

3. He wasn't cocky at all. If anything it was just him pulling out his Ike. ;)

No worries. Brawl won't matter at all soon enough (MORTAAAAAALL KOMBAAAAAT!).
In singles it wasnt a melee thing.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
What do you think was the problem/wall that held you back this time? For me it was the sheer weight of fighting KingAce. I went in with the mindset that he was unbeatable. Now I know better so next time I'll at least take one stock off of him! :p

Fogel

Smash Lord
Grand Finals Matches...Or Ally crushing KingAce's soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreyYYZwcEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJO1rXCis4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCCKajdMXs&feature=channel

To be fair, the first two matches are King Ace's secondaries (Falco, Wario) he was scared to use Meta apparently.

A lot of people don't respect Ally enough, there's a big praise//hate thread in the Snake forums, with Cort hating on Ally.

Although I've never played Ally himself, I can see his ridiculously good execution and anticipation. He seems to have mindgames, upon mindgames too, though those you really have to play against to feel I'd think.

In short, dude is beastly, made KingAce look terrible.

Congrats to all the Niagara guys, it sounds like you repped well. Harold way to show everyone Lucas' prowess.
Pretty interesting videos :)

It seems like Ally knows a few advanced movement techniques that I've never seen before. How does he glide across the whole length of Smashville like that? It doesn't look like a normal Snake cancel-dash-attack-into-upsmash (sadly I don't pay attention to the names of the new advanced techniques...don't even know what it's called). He also seemed to be able to turn around more quickly than I'd expect a few times. Anyone got an idea of what that stuff is?

Also, I watched a few of the 'Related Videos' and Sliq's Bowser is badass. Randy should have tried harder to bring Old Manondorf up to that level :)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Well, he still beats the crap out of poor Lucas and co. so he's not that bad. Of course, will his Sub-Zero be able to beat my Captain Marvel? I doubt it.

Irrelevant note: Orlando, I'm seriously thinking of getting a 360. Would I be screwed over by getting the "Arcade" version (WTF is up with these different versions!?). I've been told that if I do I won't be able to keep downloaded games (HD Remix) or downloadable content (Alfred - Bruce Wayne's *****) as a secret character? **** yeah!). True/False?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
What do you think was the problem/wall that held you back this time? For me it was the sheer weight of fighting KingAce. I went in with the mindset that he was unbeatable. Now I know better so next time I'll at least take one stock off of him! :p
Ill get into more detail about it later but nerves was a portion of it.

Pretty interesting videos :)

It seems like Ally knows a few advanced movement techniques that I've never seen before. How does he glide across the whole length of Smashville like that? It doesn't look like a normal Snake cancel-dash-attack-into-upsmash (sadly I don't pay attention to the names of the new advanced techniques...don't even know what it's called). He also seemed to be able to turn around more quickly than I'd expect a few times. Anyone got an idea of what that stuff is?

Also, I watched a few of the 'Related Videos' and Sliq's Bowser is badass. Randy should have tried harder to bring Old Manondorf up to that level :)
I can inform you about some of that stuff this friday. On that note I may be bringing a friend with me this friday if thats ok. We probably wont stay to long so Ill most likely miss the all brawl tourney.

Well, he still beats the crap out of poor Lucas and co. so he's not that bad. Of course, will his Sub-Zero be able to beat my Captain Marvel? I doubt it.

Irrelevant note: Orlando, I'm seriously thinking of getting a 360. Would I be screwed over by getting the "Arcade" version (WTF is up with these different versions!?). I've been told that if I do I won't be able to keep downloaded games (HD Remix) or downloadable content (Alfred - Bruce Wayne's *****) as a secret character? **** yeah!). True/False?
Do you want to split on it? I wouldnt play it as much as you but there are a few things id be interested in. Worst case scenario if this doesnt work out is that one of us can just by out the other one.

Im not sure what is what when it comes to the versions but the arcade one doesnt sound that good especially if I ever get off my lazy *** and actually try to get something going on xna. Id say go for the next version up.

buenob

Smash Lord
DON'T GET THE ARCADE!!!!!!2

if you look into it, the next base model is way better for very little more... i'm pretty sure the 'arcade' only lets you play xbla games, and it doesn't even play 360 games

PND

Smash Champion
The arcade doesn't even have a hard drive IIRC, so definitely avoid it.

Save up for the next model. Or the Elite, if you're so inclined (less hardware defects, no Red Rings of Death, better hard drive, black system, etcetera)

But not the Arcade. Not. Worth. It.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
If you never knew who you were fighting you wouldn't really have nerves to get over. I fought Vwins in doubles and only found out after the match was over that it was him. I think I would have freaked if I'd known ahead of time.

Harold: Get the model I have and you'll be good.

P.S. Gears 2 was AWESOME!

buenob

Smash Lord
so im' not gonna be there this friday because im' going to the bond movie opening night (and then boozaholing) and I'm not gonna be there the next week because i'm going to LBT in toronto lol

see you guys in december?? lol... for that reason I am hoping that people will be free sometime this/next week for some epic lolz

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Pick a day and I'll really try to make it. I haven't played RB2 in a while now. I've been stuck between Gears of War 2, a gf, and work.

buenob

Smash Lord
ok so the deal with me is that saturday night is a no-go because my housemate works 6am sunday morning and I am not a **** lol... and friday night is out because I don't want to conflict with the smashfest (that and I'm going out to see a movie lol)

so for me tuesday - wed - thurs either this or next week work... what's best with people who are interested?

PND

Smash Champion
I'm interested, but I can only do it on the weekend (you guys know how far out I am) so I guess I'm out

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I may have found a decent venue for the bi-monthlies. I barley remember the details since it was Sunday when I got home and I just wanted to sleep but ill get back to you guys about it.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
ok so the deal with me is that saturday night is a no-go because my housemate works 6am sunday morning and I am not a **** lol... and friday night is out because I don't want to conflict with the smashfest (that and I'm going out to see a movie lol)

so for me tuesday - wed - thurs either this or next week work... what's best with people who are interested?
I'm free all days except thursday and friday.

Also, is it possible to have it on the sunday?

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I'm free...Today, and I just woke up an hour ago. :dizzy:

Thurs/Fri I am free after 8pm.

New Bond looks too good. I ache for Brawl, I am going through withdrawlz loools

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I should've checked SWF earlier, luls.

I'm free all week, as far as I know. I've been trying to perfect my ZSS, but I need practice against opponents that DI, heh.

Ben, you're a little far for bus, so I'd have to get a ride from my dad. He's been getting a lot of work lately, though, or something. He's working later than usual.

So, yeah...I'll see what I can do when plans are for sure.

jan

Smash Cadet
Harold: The Arcade can be fine depending on what you want to do. If you want to just play 360 games, it's fine. You won't have any space to download XBLA games, though. Also, hardware issues aren't a concern with any of the 360s anymore since they changed the length of the warranty to 3 years.

Everybody else, send me cool replays! My Brawl friend code is 4897-5947-1265 . Now that I can capture them, it'll be more material to throw up on the YouTube channel. I'll re-capture the Bi-weekly X videos with sound and upload them soon, but feel free to send stuff. I know Harold's Wii has a pretty awesome replay of a glitch that deserves to be on YouTube. :p

PND

Smash Champion
As much as I want to go to LBT, I don't think I'll have the time.

Unfortunately, that also means I can't drive down. If anyone else has a ride with empty seats, I'll consider it strongly, but no guarantees. :(

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Shoot! I really wanna go to LBT! Although I'd have to book off work pretty soon...

Anyone else interested? Will Ottawa rep LBT?

OH and also I really wanna Brawl sometime this week, so color me heavily interested Ben.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
more like "Lame Brawl Toronto". I was thinking the T was either Toronto or the L was London. New the B was for Brawl.

Fogel

Smash Lord
so im' not gonna be there this friday because im' going to the bond movie opening night (and then boozaholing) and I'm not gonna be there the next week because i'm going to LBT in toronto lol

see you guys in december?? lol... for that reason I am hoping that people will be free sometime this/next week for some epic lolz
Are you still going to the Go tourney on Sunday? I'm going for sure :)

I went to the Go club last Sunday as well...seems quite a bit busier than the one time I went a couple of years ago. I'll probably try to start going there more often.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread is going by so fast! Anyways, who is signing up for the all-brawl tourny Harold? Is there a lsit somewhere?

buenob

Smash Lord
Cam:

oh snaps! I cant believe this works out :) I totally forgot about it but I am for sure going to that...

I have all the books with me, if you are driving to the tourney I would love to get a ride with you... if not, I guess I'll see you there (as I can get a ride with my dad, who may also be going)

harold:
I'm going to LBT, but it'll kinda be like how bryant and them were at OiN... I have a _lot_ of obligations as soon as I enter "Toronto" with family and friends who I must visit, (mostly family), so I'll be bussing up for sure if no one is driving up

forgot why I came on in the first place:
MIKE! -- i just realized that _I_ know all the words to the sailor moon song... you shouldn't have been weirded out and gone for ti :)

flash7

Smash Journeyman
LBT is very tempting indeed. I need to redeem myself. I _may_ (ben style :)) have a drive down there but I _probably_ wont have a drive back :/. Ill have to work somethings out.

Mike: Are you coming this friday to the smashfest? I need to pay you back.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm trying to work out a way to come to the fest. I can't promise my attendance, but I hope to make it.

I don't even remember singing the Sailor Moon song, but I guess it happened. I remember the lyrics because of Halloween. That's totally why. . . >_>

Top Bottom