• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Jan has just called me and said he's interested in Squash. If Randy posts then we have a car and 4 people!

I might be a go for the Smashing Johns-o-lantern Fest! I can bring Apples to Apples where we can have a candy based winning tourny.... and smash bros of course.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Ah...youth is a beautiful thing.

Anyways, I'll be showing up for squash tomorrow, I'm okay with meeting up at baseline at 9:30. Anyone else showing up?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
don't forget to bring Apples to Apples, playing that on a squash court will only add to the epicness.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey wak where in the gatineau are you? (i'm the rob player who had to leave before singles)

I live just on the ottawa side of the champlane bridge off of island-park (in the island park towers apartment buildings)
I live in the secteur Masson-Angers, which is the eastern part of Gatineau. I might move on in december, living on the Greber boulevard. That is the boulevard after the Portage bridge.

It would be awesome if we played again buenob, we should arrange an evening next week since I'm on vacations wednesday and friday (yayyy)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ah, phew. Well that's a relief at least. No more Metaknights winning. Just Snakes. :p

Cameron/Randy/Jesus/Whoever: Is it ok if I run the candy-oriented mini-tournament for this Halloween-fest? If I do, it'll be using All-Brawl (all items/stages) rules. I'd really like to see if such rules would have any noticable impact on how everybody places. I'm hypothesising that it wouldn't but experiments need to be made to test it. I'm guessing that the 16 player limit is also in effect for this coming Friday?
Yeah, that's what I wanted to do anyways. I wasn't joking when I said I wanted to do this. However, the entry fee MUST be minimum one piece of halloween candy (ie: small chocolate bar, bag of chips, rockets package, etc.). Why? For the lulz.

If you really want to run it then I'm cool with it. I was going to do it myself but I'm ok with being lazier :p Are you going to take registrations etc. then?

Also, yes, the 16 person limit is still in effect.

*coughs* I'm probably one of the older ones, at least if Mike's like the old man of the group. Maybe I'm just getting senile with old age.
I'm 26, beat that!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
If you really want to run it then I'm cool with it. I was going to do it myself but I'm ok with being lazier :p Are you going to take registrations etc. then?

Also, yes, the 16 person limit is still in effect.
Excellent! Thanks!

Ok kids, time to register for The Brawl Halloween Tournament! I'll post details on the first post here (since it's not part of the regular bi-weeklies). :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
17 ftw...And now one more Martha has appeared in the Ottawa Scene, this is like the Martha spawning ground of Ontario -_-

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm 21 turning 22 in two days (Oct. 28th)!

Another Marth?! **** you all! I wanted to pick him up but then refused to fall under the lemmings trend. I must create a anti-Marth movement, create an army and destroy Marth/Martha players for good!

PND

Smash Champion
Haha, you know what's terrible? Haze, Nukls and I all play Martha as well, just not well enough to be competitive.

So add a couple more to the list.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was going to pick up Martha too at some point. Then I found my Yoshi did decently well against Mike's MK and decided against it. :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
OH NO. YOU TOLD THEM I PLAY MK.

That was supposed to be a secret. . . >_>

EDIT: By the way guys, MK stand for MCaptain KFalcon. Yeah, that's it. Don't worry. . . I totally haven't been training with MK for about a month in the hopes to surprise people. Totally not, I mean, c'mon. I pretty much play the entire roster already, why bother with Metaknight.

Eh? Not buying it?

. . .

>_>

<_<

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I think we can all agree that everyone at Cam's knows how to play at least a decent Martha,

PND

Smash Champion
I guess I'll come clean. I've picked up MK. Actually, my roster of characters is now:

In no specific order:
Jiggs
Falco
Snake
Wario
MK
Captain Falcon
Ness
Wolf
Diddy (I taught Riley how to Diddy :p)
Marth
Ike
IC's
Lucario
Sheik
DK (Work in Progress)
DDD (Work in progress)

Those are characters I feel I can play fairly well. Since Riley and Bryant moved away from me I haven't had much in the way of human practice, so I mostly just pick up characters to see how they tick to get a better understanding of how to beat them, and keep practicing with them in friendlies. Most of them aren't good enough to be competitive, but yeah, that's my list of characters I'll play. I hope to get to the point that I can be competitive with all of them, and just main counterpick. It's also why I feel my skills are not at their peak with any of my characters, as I don't devote enough time to any one character. The 4 in my sig get the most attention, so that's why I've put them there.

Yeah. Cats out of the bag.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
smashsomething 4 in Philly PA, someone stole my wii with my memory card in it (and my melee game) so most of my data on most of my games are gone. So now I got discouraged and I don't do anything anymore except hate life and age.
**** M2K is epic.

He's basically like Old Manondorf given human form, yea thats right, all Oldie Manon does is hate life and age... Oh and arpe tons of arpe.

I agree that Snake is one of the best characters to take down MK, in the same fashion that a dog is better at fighting a grizzly bear then a kitten would be.
This one isn't M2K's, but it's so god**** appropriate lool. Metaknight is a Grizzly Bear, and we are all small harmless mammals.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
To be fair, only reason I beat Mike's MK is because he said he had to try playing him just once, lol. I mean REALLY, does anybody actually think MIKE of all people would play MK? I know I sure don't. ;)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Marth is just such an annoying character to play against. It's like playing against the millionth Ryu or Sub Zero.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I guess I'll come clean. I've picked up MK. Actually, my roster of characters is now:

In no specific order:
Jiggs
Falco
Snake
Wario
MK
Captain Falcon
Ness
Wolf
Diddy (I taught Riley how to Diddy :p)
Marth
Ike
IC's
Lucario
Sheik
DK (Work in Progress)
DDD (Work in progress)

Those are characters I feel I can play fairly well. Since Riley and Bryant moved away from me I haven't had much in the way of human practice, so I mostly just pick up characters to see how they tick to get a better understanding of how to beat them, and keep practicing with them in friendlies. Most of them aren't good enough to be competitive, but yeah, that's my list of characters I'll play. I hope to get to the point that I can be competitive with all of them, and just main counterpick. It's also why I feel my skills are not at their peak with any of my characters, as I don't devote enough time to any one character. The 4 in my sig get the most attention, so that's why I've put them there.

Yeah. Cats out of the bag.
wtf that is alot of people. Time to steal them all :p

PND

Smash Champion
Lol, I figured you would. But perhaps this is all a clever ruse into getting you to try and main characters I don't play.

Or maybe I'm being serious. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Top Bottom