• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for hosting James!

It worked out pretty good with all the people, but it did get a hotter near the end. Great night overall. Your Snake is beast now.

P.S. Mileena for Motor Kombat's God Tier.

jan

Smash Cadet
Just uh, saying, blood better be spilled at the bi-weekly. :)
Only if Harold has his way and convinces everyone to play Mortal Kombat. :p

Thanks for hosting, James, and thank your mom for the pizza! I need to come out more often so I can try to catch up to your Snake.

PS: Randy, figure out how to get to your residence by car so that you don't have to walk a bit next time. =P

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Woohoo! My dream of playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon against more than just one person was fulfilled last night. Face it people, you all loved it! I mean, if it was that fun when you didn't know the moves and game engine, just imagine how crazy it'll be when you learn it. You can probably find it for 19.99 for the Wii, PS2 or X-Box so I must strongly recommend that you pick it up!

James, thanks for the hosting + pizza! Your fan was colder than Sub-Zero's ice blast but otherwise it was pretty comfortable and fun. Let's see how your Snake fares at the bi-weekly. Randy's Falco will also be a big player so this one's going to be pretty tight now. Will little Lucas have enough PK power to school you kids? The answer, of course, is yes.
Add "Wak - The One And Only" to the main page's list thanks!
I'm only adding Ottawa players though. Aren't you in Montreal/Toronto/Narnia/someplacethat'snotOttawa?

EDIT: After dinking around Shoryuken for a bit, I must now propose this for our Halloween fest: "All-Brawl"!

With an entry fee of candy/chocolate I think that going All-Brawl will be keeping in touch with the funny side of Halloween. For those who don't know: All-Brawl is that funny Shoryuken ruleset that aims to keep Brawl as close as it can to unmodified rules. It uses best 3 out of 5, 3 minute stock matches with ALL items on, ALL levels on, Sudden Death counting, single counterpicking (either character or level) and no neutral/counterpick discrepencies.

I'd like us to try this out so that I can post about how it worked/didn't work. Personally, I don't think I'll ever want that to be a real tournament standard as I have a terrible time with bombs spawning on top of me as well as all level hazards automatically aiming for me (I think it's because I'm an athiest... :p). However, with candy on the line I can see this giving us a good time (as well as having a new insight into what works and what doesn't in Brawl).

arsenic41

Smash Ace
James, thanks for the hosting + pizza! Your fan was colder than Sub-Zero's ice blast but otherwise it was pretty comfortable and fun. Let's see how your Snake fares at the bi-weekly. Randy's Falco secret main will also be a big player so this one's going to be pretty tight now. Will little Lucas have enough PK power to school you kids? The answer, of course, is yes.
This way people won't know my new main, my plan of pulling another Randy was almost foiled by Harold...Curses

flash7

Smash Journeyman
If the breaker system was how it will be in MKvsDC which makes too much sense, if the animations werent ****ty, if the fatalities were better, and if Armaggedon didnt suck then I would consider playing it for the lulz :p.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Having limited breakers opens up possibilities for mindgames, the animations are symbolic of how life doesn't go smoothly, the fatalities let the player have more control over things instead of being confined to one way of thinking (Mortal Kombat has a lot of political undertones - it's a VERY deep, philosophical game), and the only characters with a suck ability in Armegeddon are Kintaro and Moloch. You should consider playing it for the big-time competition that it'll bring!

By the way, does anyone know which stores still sell Gamecube controllers? Mine is starting to die. :(

PND

Smash Champion
I saw a couple GC controllers in the Billings Bridge EB the other day when I picked up Rock Band 2. They had 3 on display, not sure if they had any more behind the counter. They were new, and platinum, if that matters to you. (Apparently there's a controller tier list. Black > Purple > Other > Platinum.)

Randy: Falco, eh? STOP STEALING MY CHARACTERS AND THEN DOING EXTREMELY WELL WITH THEM!~ :p

HANDS OFF MY BREAD

PND

Smash Champion
That's it. I'm going All-Brawl and maining Little Mac. Screw all y'all.

I'm just going to spam ATs until he appears, then I'll pretend to be him. TRY STEALING MY CHARACTER NOW! :chuckle:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I saw a couple GC controllers in the Billings Bridge EB the other day when I picked up Rock Band 2. They had 3 on display, not sure if they had any more behind the counter. They were new, and platinum, if that matters to you. (Apparently there's a controller tier list. Black > Purple > Other > Platinum.)

Randy: Falco, eh? STOP STEALING MY CHARACTERS AND THEN DOING EXTREMELY WELL WITH THEM!~ :p

HANDS OFF MY BREAD
Maybe you should get YOUR hands off MY bread :p

joblin

Smash Apprentice
If the breaker system was how it will be in MKvsDC which makes too much sense, if the animations werent ****ty, if the fatalities were better, and if Armaggedon didnt suck then I would consider playing it for the lulz :p.
The game is perfectly fine. The fatalities only suck if you suck. If you're awesome, the fatalities are hilariously awesome and can go on forever! I think Richard had one over 10 steps. You're just playing with the wrong crowd.

Randy: Nice stealing Falco. I was actually playing with him about a week ago. Oh and change you display pic back to manondorf!

PNDMike: Randy's just good at games.

Squashers: So we have 3 people for Sunday that I am aware of. Are we going to go, if so, when and where?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=5662824&postcount=517

:( Seems like even All-Brawl falls victim to the might of Metaknight.
That tournament was not an all Brawl tournament. Those players would not enter that tournament, except for maybe that Keits guy. It also probably wouldnt have that many entrants :p.

The game is perfectly fine. The fatalities only suck if you suck. If you're awesome, the fatalities are hilariously awesome and can go on forever! I think Richard had one over 10 steps. You're just playing with the wrong crowd.

Randy: Nice stealing Falco. I was actually playing with him about a week ago. Oh and change you display pic back to manondorf!

PNDMike: Randy's just good at games.

Squashers: So we have 3 people for Sunday that I am aware of. Are we going to go, if so, when and where?
Im up for 9/9:30 at baseline again. Ben might show up if his plans fall through today and ill try to get Harold to contact Mike but it might be really short notice.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
No, no, it actually was an All-Brawl tournament. Those players are realizing that it's pretty fun (that or they had nothing better to do). The "huge" luck factor really doesn't affect as much as you'd think... until a bomb appears as you're attacking of course. :p

flash7

Smash Journeyman
No, no, it actually was an All-Brawl tournament. Those players are realizing that it's pretty fun (that or they had nothing better to do). The "huge" luck factor really doesn't affect as much as you'd think... until a bomb appears as you're attacking of course. :p

No it really wasnt an all brawl tourney. The main event was regular brawl and all brawl I think was a side event or something. Here are the results:

All Brawl Results: 30 Entrants
1: Forward (Snake): $105
2: AlphaZealot (Diddy): $30
3: Pyro (Wario, D3): $15

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ah, phew. Well that's a relief at least. No more Metaknights winning. Just Snakes. :p

Cameron/Randy/Jesus/Whoever: Is it ok if I run the candy-oriented mini-tournament for this Halloween-fest? If I do, it'll be using All-Brawl (all items/stages) rules. I'd really like to see if such rules would have any noticable impact on how everybody places. I'm hypothesising that it wouldn't but experiments need to be made to test it. I'm guessing that the 16 player limit is also in effect for this coming Friday?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Did you happen to take an extra controller home with you? One of the guys that showed up is missing his. Any chance you can get a hold of Mike for some squash tomorrow?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Nope, I just checked all of the controllers here. I have my unmarked purple crappy one, my 'H' one, my 'Zylem' one, and my 'whateverthehellArielscratchedintoit' one.

Log onto msn. I messaged you his e-mail a few days ago.

buenob

Smash Lord
hey wak where in the gatineau are you? (i'm the rob player who had to leave before singles)

I live just on the ottawa side of the champlane bridge off of island-park (in the island park towers apartment buildings)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Late response to Ivaneva's question, but yeah, I went to (I think) the last Smashfest at Fogel's. I'm not TECHNICALLY in Ottawa, but I'm a friend of Mike's and came in with him. I'm the moron who in the team match forgot who Mike was and ended up killing him. :ohwell:

I'm also the guy everyone but Mike and Dave were going "who're you?" to.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
So you guys think Squash is still a go then? I'd still like to go if its just the 3 of us and then afterward I'd love to play some Brawl for a couple hours. I haven't played in a while, if not, no biggie.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, reminds me. When IS the next Smashfest/casual day/whatever else you call them, anyway? Is it the Halloween one? Just curious since want to see if some of my new stuff actually works.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ittll be on friday but its gonna be like a mini tournament where the entry fee is either some candy or you wearing a costume. Rules for the tournament will also be more 'fun' oriented with items and such on.

Randy just has to post, but as far as I know Squash is a go. Sorry no Brawl for me, gotta head straight to school afterwards.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Add Wak, it would be cool to have a back roomer in Ottawa :D.
Actually, reminds me. When IS the next Smashfest/casual day/whatever else you call them, anyway? Is it the Halloween one? Just curious since want to see if some of my new stuff actually works.
I see you kids don't believe in checking the first post on a regular basis. :lick:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
*coughs* I'm probably one of the older ones, at least if Mike's like the old man of the group. Maybe I'm just getting senile with old age.

Top Bottom