• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Alright, awesome. Alan lent me an SD card, so if you wanted we could give Project M a try.

I'll be free on Tuesday for sure.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
hey guys,

I moved here from Nova Scotia recently and I'm looking to get into the smash scene here. I had a small part in starting the NS scene but I lived 3 hours from Halifax and things went big without me :( but I'm here now and would love to get involved with whatever is left of this melee scene. how is it here, anyways?

i'm rusty. my rust has rust on it. but i'm above average at my best. I'd settle for just showing up at tourny's but id like to make some friends and play lots of matches for fun.

so, nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to playing again! in fact, I think i'll dust off the cube and shake some of that rust off today

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
i live near Merivale and Hunt Club.

i own Melee, been playing since it was released. i main Falco and i'm decent with a few others like Dr.Mario, Link, and Zelda. i like using Peach and IC's but i'm not very effective.

i can do okay at Brawl but i don't own it. going to a few tourneys would be nice, even though i'd be throwing my money away. i wanted to be good with Lucario but i settled on Zelda(not Sheik, but sometimes i'll switch it up). Brawl is fun and i like the variety of characters, but i will always prefer Melee :D sonic is awesome(ly fun)

what's the best place to find out about events? it seems like these boards don't get much activity. its facebook isn't it? i hate facebook.

is there big tournament events around here? I've always wanted to go to one.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
That's good because everyone plays melee in Ottawa right now, no one plays brawl. Chris(bl!tz) hosts smashfests usually every 2 weeks or so and he posts in this thread. You should send him a message and ask for his address, the commute shouldn't be too far. As far as tournaments go, Ottawa Gaming hosts tournaments and sometimes they include melee, the tournaments rarely happen but when they do the turnout is usually quite good.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I live close to Merivale and Baseline! 32 Celebration street.

We do use Facebook but if you honestly don't want to it's fine. It's not very active, and it's mostly there to try to reach out to other players. I did meet another Melee player through it. Last Tuesday actually.

Ottawa Gaming dropped Smash: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/177309

I do know of a couple of players who are into Brawl, so if you wanted to meet up with them you'd have to use the Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315598801891025/

We should have another smash fest this week. What days are good for people?

Edit: I don't think I've fully appreciated how many space animal players there are in Ottawa.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I'll be there on thursday chris around 12:30-1:00, and if something pops up I'll tell you on this thread this week.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ya, that's just a short drive up the street. cool

i'l be fine with just playing Melee. if there's anything interesting on facebook can someone let me know? :) (brawl or melee)

I work mon-fri 9-5 and any day is good for me. I got nothing else going on

is space animal fox/falco? im not familiar with all the lingo and shorthand

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@ Charles: Alright Thursday sounds good!

@ SSJ2Link: Nothing really interesting atm. I'm going to try to rally players for Thursday now. You should come on Thursday! :D

Yes, space animal / spacie is fox and falco. You'll probably learn some more lingo haha.

Edit: Another GC would help depending on how many people show up

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
are you getting together at noonish? the earliest I can go out on weekdays is 6pm

I can bring my cube/game/2 controllers whenever I go

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I can come later so I get a chance to have a few matches with you. Chris is it ok if we come later?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ok, so Thursday. i'l be there around 6-6:30.

is it a house? do I just go up to the front door and ring the bell?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I don't have one, I'll probably have to get one at some point. It's always a sticky L button that kills my controllers.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
We'll be having another smashfest on Friday!

'll try to do this every week, I won't be expecting that many people every time, lol.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yes. Not this week though, I'm sick. Next week most likely, depending if people are free. We've been using the facebook page more for letting people know when they are. It's a bit more convenient for people.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
GGs everbody!

I'll come on smashboards more often for anybody who doesn't want to use the facebook page.

We have two melee setups now and an extra TV for 64 or another melee setup!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
We've got a few more new players now. I'll be hosting Thursday, Charles can host on Tuesday or Wednesday.

You should join the Facebook group Al, you scrub. lol

Top Bottom