• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo chris 2morrow's smashfest may be cancelled. The reason is the lack of attendance. I asked PND and he said he will come for sure if his paycheck come late 2nite or 2morrow morning, otherwise he can't come.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Alright, good that you told me. If it's not canceled then I am confirmed.

If it does get canceled, I'll be hosting next week anyways. Hope that's not a problem.

Edit: I won't add Rainbow Cruise with single Ice Climber unless it's confirmed that it's quick and easy to pull off, and consistent.

Edit 2: I forgot to address this guy
Well, I didn't know your place was in Ottawa and not Kanata, Blitz, lol. Yeah, I'll send a PM later tonight asking for it or something.
Alright, I'll just send it to you now so you know where it is.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Anything really. I actually do have enough now, you don't have to donate. I'm just QQing at the loss of a twenty-one dollars. I'll need to break my twenty into change.

@ Charlesz: Has PND confirmed anything yet? I'll probably be there at 2:00 pm

PND

Smash Champion
I have 17 cents. My cheque still isn't in. It's direct deposit, so I REALLY don't understand why I don't have money.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Ya that sucks. Oh well.

Next week I'll be hosting since I haven't played chlor0form and Linkshot in a while and they can't make it to Charles'. Week after I'm guessing Charles will be hosting. Is that alright with you Charlesz?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Sucks that you can only go twice a month. When you're in university, you'd probably be able to leave the house whenever you want.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dunno about partner, but if I get around to going to one of these, a Marth to learn a couple tricks from might be nice. Of course...I've managed to whip up a couple of semi-surprising tricks of my own through practice lately, but PND already has an idea about that. :laugh:

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@ LivewiresXe: Do you want to be added to the list of people attending the tournament or would you rather wait? If so, do you want to be in Singles and Low Tier as well?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd probably rather wait just to make sure. After all, I have my exams on the week of April 29th, so it would depend how ready I am for them and on if I can get the car/gps. I probably can, but I don't want to 100% confirm myself and then have to find out last second I can't go.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, how are you?

I somewhat got my dose of girls and just wish I couldplay again some matches against ottawa at melee again... but I lost my permits in the process by getting caught driving with alcohol =(

Even though, if anyone can travel to gatineau, I would love to play vanitas, charlesz or anyone else.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Welcome back Wak. Perhaps we could get a coupla games with you soon. I'll still go to the tourny, but I'll only sign up as doubles.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hey guys, how are you?

I somewhat got my dose of girls and just wish I couldplay again some matches against ottawa at melee again... but I lost my permits in the process by getting caught driving with alcohol =(

Even though, if anyone can travel to gatineau, I would love to play vanitas, charlesz or anyone else.
Hey Wak, I'll try to go to Gatineau to play you sometime. After exams, I'll be more free with time. Maybe if a hand full of us go to play him?

Welcome back Wak. Perhaps we could get a coupla games with you soon. I'll still go to the tourny, but I'll only sign up as doubles.
If you don't sign up then I have a much better chance of making top three. Will you at least sign up for Low Tier?

Edit1: Charles, if you re not signing up for singles, do you mind doing commentary with PND? I d prefer you to do it instead of me haha :p

EDIT2: For anyone who wants a good laugh...WATCH THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8mhNbx716Q

BOMBOOOOOOHHH COMBOOOOHHHHH

Do it Charles.

Nice combo. Maybe we should play with bombs on high from now on.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
hey Guys, How Are You?

I Somewhat Got My Dose Of Girls And Just Wish I Couldplay Again Some Matches Against Ottawa At Melee Again... but I Lost My Permits In The Process By Getting Caught Driving With Alcohol =(
Lolololololololololololololol

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
ok I kinda lied I don't play melee atm. But since I'm getting my old GCN back and I don't have a whole lot to do, I'll probably play melee

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vanitas, we definitely should try to take VS together ;)

My vacation day is mostly on tuesday, so if someone's up to come over..!

Beside that, I will give a try to come over at the tournament. My boss said it shouldn't be a problem to get a day off at this date, so yeah...
Where's the tournament exactly?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
ok I kinda lied I don't play melee atm. But since I'm getting my old GCN back and I don't have a whole lot to do, I'll probably play melee
Oh, lol. Alright then.

Beside that, I will give a try to come over at the tournament. My boss said it shouldn't be a problem to get a day off at this date, so yeah...
Where's the tournament exactly?
It's at my house, I'll PM you the address.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I need a partner for doubbles and low tier doubbles in BL!TZ's tourny. Can somebody team with me Please?
Nobody wants to team with you because nobody likes you. Also, you're dumb.

hmm is it ok if we put doubles to more of a priority than the low tier tournament? :p doubles would have more hype and moar competition imo...
and i know im sounding kinda annoying...but did GanonPWN! ever reply? :p
Low Tier is $1, Doubles is $2 per person ($4 per team, I'll put that in the post to avoid any confusion). In my view that's enough priority over Low Tier, but if you think that sign ups for Teams should happen before hand, then sure.

Edit: When I asked what day is good for him, he said to just pick a day and he'd try and make it. But he hasn't replied to my message giving him the details to the tournament.

If I'm able to head out, I'll give it a go with you, sure.
Ok. I'll add you to the list, since I'll be confirming people during the last week anyways. The current list is just for a basic idea of how many people may come.

@ Wak: I have exams coming up so I don't think it would be wise to play Smash more than I already am. Maybe PND, Linkshot or chlor0form will be able to? Vanitas and Charlesz are pretty far away, but maybe they would work something out.

Top Bottom