• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
gahh i guess screw the doubles idea but we should definitely have Crew Battles
Sure.

Round Robin Doubles.
That's a good idea.

So it is going to be on tuesday?
I haven't got a message from GanonPWN!, so I guess it will be (unless something comes up preventing me from hosting that day). I have no idea whether he will come or not. I think 1:30pm to 7:30 would be alright.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
The 16th this week. Al said it was a better day for him. Smashfests will be back to their regular schedule on Saturdays after. Is Tuesday not a good day for you?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@ PND: How is the ankle? I should point out the setups will be upstairs if that affects anything.

You guys can have the tournament on a different day without me if Tuesdays too inconvinient for everyone else
It would be better if you are there though. If we have to change the day, Wednesday is not good for me.

PND

Smash Champion
As long as it's not a spiral staircase I should be fine.

I'll be back in Ottawa tomorrow. . . but I have no idea what time. If I'm back in the city early enough I'll head over.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
As long as it's not a spiral staircase I should be fine.

I'll be back in Ottawa tomorrow. . . but I have no idea what time. If I'm back in the city early enough I'll head over.
Well, it's shaped kind of like a hybrid between an 'n' and an 'r'.

i think tourney starts at 1:30 according to Chris

So is Tom (Chlor0form) coming tomorrow?
Whos bringing another set up?
any news from GanonPWN!?
You can come in at 1:30. Tourney can start at 3:00 about maybe. I'll kick you guys out at 7:30. Tournament format is Double Elimination, MBR? We might as well try it instead of what we did for the Smash Leagues.

I'm not sure if Thomas is coming or not. Maybe Linkshot would be willing to bring another setup. GanonPWN! hasn't sent me a message but he didn't send me a message last time and he showed up. We'll give him time to show up and if he doesn't, we'll start without him.

I like how you guys are still sorting thngs out the DAY BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT lol
lol, that's how we roll. We get away with because there are so little people compared to other places.

Hope pnd comes. There will be blood.
Indeed. And B-air.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I don't really want to lug a TV around on the bus.

Also, I'm gonna tank prolly a couple more hours of Majora's Mask, getting Pieces of Heart.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I'll try to make it. Troublewakingupjohns

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Okay.

I am never putting my alarm clock near my bed. Ever again.

I end up just smacking it when it turns on and unable to get my brain into a conscious state.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Looks like we're not doing the tournament today, lol.

I'll post some league match results and update as they go on. Also, we're doing MBR for league now just to see if it's good.

Vanitas beats BL!TZ 3-2
Vanitas beats Cman 3-2
Cman beats BL!TZ 3-0
fuc
k sheik
M3GA beats Florence 3-2

GG's guys.

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not even back in Ottawa yet. I'm leaving in an hour, and it's about an hour's drive away.

No point in showing up.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm not even back in Ottawa yet. I'm leaving in an hour, and it's about an hour's drive away.

No point in showing up.
Ya, oh well. We can play next time. Only Kanata came lol.

@ Vanitas: Are you still going to main Icies and Marth instead of just one of them?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that your guys' first tourney didn't turn out the way you were expecting it to. Maybe next time.

There was a term for that. I'm pretty sure it was called a secondary :laugh:
We'll just plan better next time, lol.

It's only secondary if you don't treat them equally while training and playing, at least in my opinion.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Tom and Florence: GG's man, keep hating on BCGAYL!

Chris: Really good set and congrats on beating al's ic's on kongo.

Al: Good set, I'll be back next time badder than before.

DISRESPECT.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Chris: your falcon got REALLY good
or I just got really bad lol
Next league match, I ll be redeeming myself haha. Sorry if I chaingrabbed you too much :/ Thanks for hosting man!
No problem, I probably won't host next week. I don't mind your handoffs, I'll just learn to not get grabbed. Ever. I'll train more so I have a better chance of beating you.

M3GA AKA John or whatever your name is: I’m incredibly sorry about our set, I actually feel like a douchebag since I sandbagged, I disrespected, and I wasn’t a gentleman, we ll have a serious set next time. I was relieved after finishing my league matches so I didn’t take it very seriously. Again, sorry :(
I doubt he actually cares, lol. You know we joke.

gahh iunno at this rate, i think i ll be playing each character based on the match up meh
Makes sense, plenty of good players do that.

You should probably remove Arsenic from the list of Melee players now.

Top Bottom