• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Street Fighter IV has no place at Smashfest and vise versa. Face it people, it's not the wonderful game you all want it to be. There's something wrong with a game when the 4th Street Fighter is not even close to being the 4th in the franchise... That's enough of my hatred.
I don't know, I find it fun to play. I'm not saying it is a gift from god or anything, I just think it is fun.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It could just be my opinion, but if bringing a game that's not Smash to a Smashfest causes people to get a little bit of different fun and enjoyment then usual...I don't really see that as a bad thing. Like, I don't think people would be getting forced to play it over Brawl/Melee or anything.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Cok blokus followed by $2 crew battle? I'm in!

PS: I'll bring my PS2, Fogel. ;)
Nice, looking forward to GGXX and Melty Blood fun :) I'm inspired to practice that Kohaku combo now so that I can show you the full thing, it looks pretty cool.

I have still yet to get James's permission, but I'm contemplating bringing SF4 to the smashfest. We can use Cam's PS3 and I can bring Sf4 and an arcade stick (just for you Ben).

But I have yet to ask James. And is this alright with you Cam?
Yeah, having SFIV is good with me. People can play HD Remix as well if they want since I have two PS3 controllers now.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm just messing with all you SF fanboys, lol. I don't care if there's SFIV at the smash, heck its not even my place.

MGS4 is the 4th MGS so its legit. Same with Soul Calibur IV. Fainal Fantasy is f-ed up to begin with. The 'final' apparently doesn't mean 'the last one' anymore.

I'm with Ben here and now calling SFIV, 'Street Fighter Ruleset IV'

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Fun fact, Track and Field II on the NES was actually the 4th in the series....and apparently the 88 Olympics had hang gliding and arm-wrestling, lol.

buenob

Smash Lord
being a diehard soul-series fan up until 3 absolutely ruined the game, soul edge was _not_ a standalone game :p lol

i'm just being a *****, i know what everyone is saying lolz

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'll be bringing SF4 the game. Anyone up for trying it out is welcome.

Money crew match again? those were fun (and my wallet is kinda light :))

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Well that can be easily fixed if everyone just brings $2 worth of nickels.

buenob

Smash Lord
contrary to what I said, I won't be making it this next week :(

also, the sf4 world competition was dominated by "the beast" once again, beating justin 4-0 and winning it all with ryu (justin used rufus)... none of the top4 from around the world bothered to use "s" tier characters

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
contrary to what I said, I won't be making it this next week :(

also, the sf4 world competition was dominated by "the beast" once again, beating justin 4-0 and winning it all with ryu (justin used rufus)... none of the top4 from around the world bothered to use "s" tier characters

I was hoping you would show this friday Buenob. I want some rematches. :laugh:

buenob

Smash Lord
yo afro! (sorry, afro samurai is awesome and i had to do it)

first bi-weekly i'm there, andrew isn't, and you are, we have to team :)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
This week would be a bad one, I'd think, since it might be crowded. I'm in for this bi-weekly. It's been a while.

EDIT: Randy, get rid of the MvC stuff from the PR. Oh, and boost yourself up to top.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Mid tier? This cannot be!

Sign me up

And my new main will astonish and frustrate you all as he boosts me back into high tier

P.S. I'm ****faced

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully MK. We need some MKs.

I may show up for a few hours, if I do ill have to leave at 8ish so I may not enter the bi-weekly unless I can get a few rounds of swiss in. Yeah im thinking we should do swiss since we didnt get to try it last time due to poor attendance.

Top Bottom