• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Dude you should totally post your list up to compare. I'd love to see it and it's always good to have more than one opinion out there.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
There's your problem. You must BEEELIEEEVE and than they'll have magical thoughts implanted into their heads that you're better than others. You can always trash talk as well, that always gives you a boost unless you're Mason.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely love the swiss tournament idea. Match intensity should go up quite a bit since skill levels would be 'close'. Id be down for coming out to one of those bi-weeklies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yeah, Ben! Put yours up for sure!

PND! Make sure you get that job! We want you back <3
I kinda miss always meeting up with you in tourneys[/spoilers]

In addition, I think a doubles PR would be interesting (to see how people par up in team play).

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd have to say you probably have a quite valid point. You don't improve and move up if you don't think you can, and you don't win if you think you're the worst. Perhaps I WILL try this "BEEELIEEEVE" thing that you speak of. :)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
That's what I do! No wait - I choose Captain Falcon in those situations... even better!

Doubles PR sounds good but will be tricky seeing how a lot of people switch partners from time to time.

PND

Smash Champion
Would doubles PR rank them as a person, or rank the teams?

Like, would it go:
Ben
Randy
etc. . .

Or:
KingAce
SAUSenic
etc. . .

Because I think those are both viable ways of doing it. And doubles is totally better than singles.

EDIT: I swear, I wrote this post up before Alan posted ^that^

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be by teams. We have enough regular teams to do it.

Does anyone happen to have the screwdriver that can open Nintendo products (mainly the GC controller)? It's not the plus sign or the star but the Tri-Wing Screw Driver.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright two things:

1. I love the Swiss system idea, but I don't have any idea how it is run. So if we are going to do this (I suggest we do) I nominate Ben or Cam to host it for that week, since they know the system better than anyone.

2. We should have one of those things everyone sends their version of the tier list to someone who then collects and posts it into one huge thread.

jan

Smash Cadet
Swiss format sounds great! Of course the "more matches for weaker players" part of it appeals to me most, but I like that there are benefits for everyone, too. I guess the only issue would be the extra time it would take.

Another nice thing is that we'd be able to have a ranking based on actual numbers, so no more drama ranking. ;)

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I was eating, noticed some people were curious about other tier lists, so I did one. Maybe it's not actually all that interesting since it hardly differs from randy's.

Groups are sorted alphabetically. I don't think there is enough of a difference to rate players within tiers due to balance of strengths/weaknesses.

Arsenic
Buenob
Saus

High

Haze
HiDef
IvanEva
Moses
Nukls
Zylem

Almost High

Fogel
Infzy
Linkshot

Mid

Jan
Jiggernaut
Joblin
LiveWireX

Noidea

Convict

infomon

Smash Scientist
I must find and own my way onto Remilia's list.

lullllz

I think I'll make this friday smashfest; my last time fo real tho, so I might as well not be on PR lists anymoar. and yeah, mini-smashfest johns and all that.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I KNEW I WAS MISSING YOU I KNEW IT I KNEW IT

I copied everyone from randy's list so blame him.

Mike I put you in "Almost High"

Edit: Why hasn't he got you listed anyway :? :?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Because Randy is really lazy and rarely edits the list at all. If it weren't for me it wouldn't even have the little icons or well...anything. Randy! No johns!

buenob

Smash Lord
I have a tri-wing set :)
also : alan, is there space in your car for a ride home? if so, that would be _awesome_

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Ben: Cool, may I borrow sometime we next meet at one of this Smashfests? Oh and I'm guessing you found your way around Montreal? lol

buenob

Smash Lord
that I did... infact i was in montreal when i called cam 'cause the god**** bus was an hour early arriving here... no worries, i got to watch a habs/ottawa game feeling like i would die if I cheered the wrong team

infomon

Smash Scientist
Remilia: awesome thanx for putting me on the list! But I'm pretty sure I'm below Linkshot. Alan, maybe I'll have to have some srs bzns matches vs you to settle this once and for all! .... if we both manage to make it tonight.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Definitely, Infzy. For justice!

Ben, I probably will. It'll be just Moses and a TV so I'm pretty sure there will be another seat for you. Of course, I'll have to talk with my dad about it.

Btw that means I'll be making it tonight.

PND

Smash Champion
Hey Alan, how does you dad take to the whole scene? I saw him at OBScene wandering around and watching matches and I thought it was pretty cool that he supports your smashing. And I mean, now he's driving you and Moses to Montreal, so that's really awesome. I'm just curious.

Also, my chances of making FFYF2 are pretty much nonexistent, so sorry guys.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I walked to Tim Hortons with him and talked about how everything works. He's making an effort to take an interest. He doesn't enjoy playing fighting games but he's accepting that I do and wanting to learn more about how it works, I guess.

Basically, wife pressuring him to bond with the son XD

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Ben: Must have been awkwardly enjoyable.

Alan: Haha! The ole wife knife in the back, don't move or you're on the couch routine. It's always good for parents to take an interest in their kids' interests. It encourages them and on the plus side you can keep an eye on your children and what they are getting themselves into. I think the only thing my father did was play Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros for the NES and recently played drums on Rockband around Christmas. It's the little things that count.

I will no be attending Smash tonight. It's cut a bit short and I had a good time yesterday. Good luck to all who are brave enough to dig deep into their wallets to go to FFYF2.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Heheh. My dad was the one that got the NES originally, and then my mom let me try it at a young age and that's how I started. He still plays Mario Kart (Super Circuit, 64, and DS), and NHL 99. He likes playing 64 with me even though I school him every time XD

My mom plays Animal Crossing. She used to be really deep in Pokemon, but then Rollercoaster Tycoon consumed her (and then some diner games got her after that). And that's the original Animal Crossing. She doesn't like that Wild World stuff.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Reminder that things don't start until 8 tonight.

I have a tri-wing set :)
also : alan, is there space in your car for a ride home? if so, that would be _awesome_
I could probably also drive you back...there are 2 spots in the car since Randy and Harold aren't going. Out of curiousity, is Andrew with you?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll be bussing to Cam's again tonight. I talked to my mom about you staying over here for the night to make things easier, but she wasn't comfortable with it because she thinks it's not "proper" that she and dad sleep in the living room together >.>

So, I guess my dad's going to pick you up sometime shortly after 7 AM on Saturday. How's that?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The Swiss idea sounds pretty cool. An accurate PR would be pretty cool. Not to say that Randy doesn't have a good idea of peoples skill, it is just that Randy seems to have lost interest in running it amirite?

buenob

Smash Lord
I didn't beat ally... I was very, very close... it was still 2-0 :(.. it wasn't _that_ close :(

Top Bottom