• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

arsenic41

Smash Ace
1 more spot...whoever posts first gets this. We haven't had a full house since...PNDmike left.

/reminiscence

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I'm in! I definitely won't be able to make it for doubles though. However Marcas is going to eat all of you alive!

Jan, Jobin: If you guys are interested, come join me for testing out two XNA games that the Carleton students made. Maybe we can learn something good there. It's at 4pm at Carleton.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm in! I definitely won't be able to make it for doubles though. However Marcas is going to eat all of you alive!
Not over Zeldarth you won't!

Jan, Jobin: If you guys are interested, come join me for testing out two XNA games that the Carleton students made. Maybe we can learn something good there. It's at 4pm at Carleton.
Today?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Yes, he told me about it all via msn. Will you be attending the biweekly on time for doubles? We'll need to bring a broom to sweep the competition.

Convict

Smash Rookie
Ive been busy with being sick and school sorry I havent been down again. Ill try and make it out next week seeing as how this weeks full, only issue is school ****.

Anyway I'm not dead. Oh an I forgot my Wii at home during break, so I'm brilliant. I'd love to practice with Randy sometime since he lives so close. Anyway back to work.

Fogel

Smash Lord
The Biweekly doors will not open until 6:00pm again this week! Don't show up before 6 or you will be screwed.

Skyworld is still in the counterpick list :p (unless it's actually going to be used...)

I will record some videos this time. I'm on call starting Friday and will be housebound for a week anyway, so I might as well upload stuff to Youtube.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I havent had a good track record of showing up when I said there was a chance. But im thinking id like to be in this bi-weekly if at all possible. I know its full but do you think itll be okay if I show up Cam? You can say no, I totally respect and understand your rules.

In case I make it:
Id also like to MM some people since its been a while that of played some of you so bring some extra cash :p. Nothing big like $1 or $2 im thinking.

Harold, you wanna have a practice session tonight? :p Or anyone else for that matter.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I havent had a good track record of showing up when I said there was a chance. But im thinking id like to be in this bi-weekly if at all possible. I know its full but do you think itll be okay if I show up Cam? You can say no, I totally respect and understand your rules.

In case I make it:
Id also like to MM some people since its been a while that of played some of you so bring some extra cash :p. Nothing big like $1 or $2 im thinking.

Harold, you wanna have a practice session tonight? :p Or anyone else for that matter.
You can show up. If you're going to be here for doubles, want to team? I don't have a partner at the moment.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Cool, thanks alot. Sure we can team, save me from going with the cpu but now I fear someone else will have to go at it alone :(. Im hella rusty though so youll have to carry us :p.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I would be down for some sf4 this sunday, NOW THAT MY MOFOIN AUDITION IS DONE OOOOOOOH YEAAAAA! (went really well too! :))

buenob

Smash Lord
i hereby money match anyone at SF4... I haven't played the game yet, and I challenge you to a bo7 $5 mm... there is an inherent advantage to the first person who accepts, because after that i'll have played the game :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Cool, thanks alot. Sure we can team, save me from going with the cpu but now I fear someone else will have to go at it alone :(. Im hella rusty though so youll have to carry us :p.
No, there would have been an odd number of people anyways since Harold isn't going to be here for teams. So it's all good :) Also, I'm still 6th worst in Ottawa so don't expect me to be able to carry you!

I would be down for some sf4 this sunday, NOW THAT MY MOFOIN AUDITION IS DONE OOOOOOOH YEAAAAA! (went really well too! :))
Glad to hear the audition went well!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support gaiz :D god I hate how seperate our two threads are now. Hopefully everyone reads both.

I'm down anytime on Sunday, lemme clear it with my mom before I guarantee my place.

OH YEA AND I JUST PICKED UP RESI 5 MMHMMM time to go play!

Harold you can take Ben's moneymatch, I'll supply a stick for Ben, but Ben must be gentle! lools

buenob

Smash Lord
sunday my only plan is shopping with my mom, so I'm down :) early/mid afternoon? we'll hash it out later tonight lol

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Ah, if only I read this sooner (although that probably wouldn't have changed anything). If you're free Sunday I wouldn't mind finally beasting your [character] with my Vega/Cammy/Rose.
The game isnt that interesting to me but I might drop by for the lulz.

Suo, can I get your autograph? Im sure itll be worth alot in the future :).

§witch

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry I can't show I have parent johns. I'll do my best to be there for next time but my parents are being gay about it lol.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Sunday SFIV at my place is go! (I think Harold meant my place.)

It won't be in my room, it will be in upstairs family room or downstairs family room, so there's no population limit.

We might need one more setup though, depending on how many ppl end up coming.

Post all who are interested, anyone welcome of course! :D

Fogel

Smash Lord
IvanEva here (since it wouldn't let me log Cam out):

1. Let's keep this thread more bi-weekly oriented - all SF/whatever stuff should be in the Remix thread.

2. Results:

1: Remila Scarlet
2: SAUS
3: IvanEva
4: Buenob
5: Arsenic
5: Linkshot
7: HiDef
7: Nukls
9: Moses
9: Fogel
9: Orlando
9: Zylem
13: Jan
13: John
13: Joblin
13: Haze

So, who usually posts this in Ankoku's thread/PM him?

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Woot, last in singles, AND doubles!! :p

Sorry if I seemed at all aggravated last night, or possibly a little snappy with anyone. Simply put, I could not play last night, and deserved to be last as a result. Hopefully this will motivate me to start practicing more, and maybe next time I won't be so bad haha.

Note: Sunday + SF4 sounds awesome. I will be there if I am not in Merrickville. I will post tomorrow and let everyone know.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Harold didn't post Doubles results!

1: SAUSenic (SAUS + Arsenic)
2: KingAce (Remi + Buenob)
3: NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (braH/SoLn/Fox/etc. + Fogel)
4: MosesPartsTheRedSea (Moses + Linkshot)
5: Team Superhappyfuntime (Infzy + HiDef)
5: Team AAAWWW YYYEEEEAAAHHH!!!! (Zylem + Joblin)
7: 350 Stormont (Haze + Knuckles)

I am still working on vids, there's over 3 hours of stuff to encode. About half of it is on my comp now, I'll start uploading the rest to YouTube when I'm done.

Also, for those who don't know, Infzy (Mike) got a job in Waterloo, and will be leaving us in a week or two. Good luck there Mike! Thanks for all you've done for the Ottawa scene: recording and uploading videos, helping people with tech skill, and being an all-around good guy. We will miss you!

infomon

Smash Scientist
aww, thanks guys!

yeah I'm pretty excited, although it looks like Waterloo doesn't have a brawl scene :( I'ma try and go to Toronto events, so I'll keep training my Sonic and I'll come down for larger tourneys etc. I'm sad I'm gonna miss FFYF2 though cuz of the move, and I'll miss you guys for sure. Thanks for all the good brawling and heart-attacks and epicness and whatnot.

Cam, I'll hafta come up sometime during the week to get my TV, is that alright? When would be a good time?

buenob: lemme know when's a good time to swing by and get that ugly green extension cord, if nothing else lol.

Fogel

Smash Lord
It looks like Joel won't be needing a lift in my car anymore, so I can take one other person to FFYF2. Who wants the spot?

To everyone who's coming with me (tentatively Randy, Derek, Phil): I will be leaving Saturday morning at about 8. Preferrably, everyone who is coming with me would meet up at my place before then (you could sleep over Friday if you wanted to). If this isn't possible, let me know and I can try to leave earlier to pick people up.

edit: I already said it in the HD remix thread, but next Smashfest won't start until 8pm since I need to get the car for FFYF2.

aww, thanks guys!

yeah I'm pretty excited, although it looks like Waterloo doesn't have a brawl scene :( I'ma try and go to Toronto events, so I'll keep training my Sonic and I'll come down for larger tourneys etc. I'm sad I'm gonna miss FFYF2 though cuz of the move, and I'll miss you guys for sure. Thanks for all the good brawling and heart-attacks and epicness and whatnot.

Cam, I'll hafta come up sometime during the week to get my TV, is that alright? When would be a good time?

buenob: lemme know when's a good time to swing by and get that ugly green extension cord, if nothing else lol.
I'm going to be home every weeknight due to being on call anyways, so any evening is good. Just give me a call before you drop by. If you have time, we could play some Brawl too :)

Top Bottom