• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
rofl hawtmale! XD

Unsign me up too. I just recently got new plans, and while I love you guys all to death, I am going to be spending friday with a cute girl =P

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My john is that if I don't get my proper controller back tomorrow, I might back out of the tourney. I've got low morale and anger brewing inside of me right now because I'm going off of some medication...not feeling good, either.

I hate the loose joystick on the one I accidentally took home. I hope to god that it wasn't some one-time show-up that took my controller...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just thought I should hop on here and let you guys know I probably won't be making the Bi-Weeklies and Smashfests for the next 4-6 weeks. At about 11:30-ish last night (while talking to Bosak about NeoGeo Emulators over MSN at that, lol...) I happened to have a seizure which, I haven't had in over 4 years. So I have to go see my doctor and the Ministry of Transportation will probably take my license away for a month. Hopefully I can get things sorted out before then, but I'm just giving you guys a realistic idea of what might happen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, my folks are going to be driving me in for it, and I'll probably be able to stick around for the whole thing. So I don't think that'll be a problem.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Real seizure is not funny but if start to lose at the OBscene, just fake one and then when your opponent is in shock kill him. Hope everything is good with you though. Good luck.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
My john is that if I don't get my proper controller back tomorrow, I might back out of the tourney. I've got low morale and anger brewing inside of me right now because I'm going off of some medication...not feeling good, either.

I hate the loose joystick on the one I accidentally took home. I hope to god that it wasn't some one-time show-up that took my controller...
If anybody has your controller, there's a very good chance that that person will be attending OBscene. You can sniff it out there. I hope yours had some sort of distinctive markings (although I faintly recall having removed a sticker or something from it... :dizzy:)

I'm glad to hear that you're cutting back on the meds. Discipline and social skills aren't things you can just injest in pill form; you have to go out, interact with people, and learn how to do things on your own. Again, I strongly recommend getting a job, it's the very best way to learn how to deal with people (especially people you don't like). I hope your 'dependent' period, or whatever it's called, is short.

The controller that I'll be using (and indeed, the one that I've been using for a while now) has a less-than-stellar stick as well and it has prevented me from doing certain things (Lucas' jab lock is nigh impossible with it) but I've adapted to it and while I'd prefer a better one (to be purchased with my winnings?) I'm still going in fairly confident that I can succeed despite my controller handicap. I suggest that, in the event that your controller is gone for good, you practice up with your current one. Unless it REALLY sucks, it shouldn't prevent you from playing at your usual level.

To keep this on topic: How's about the bi-weekly be changed to next week?

Edit: Tyler, post when you have a definite answer on your driving status. Also, what are seizures caused by? Are you photosensitive?

Hey guys, I just thought I should hop on here and let you guys know I probably won't be making the Bi-Weeklies and Smashfests for the next 4-6 weeks. At about 11:30-ish last night (while talking to Bosak about NeoGeo Emulators over MSN at that, lol...) I happened to have a seizure which, I haven't had in over 4 years. So I have to go see my doctor and the Ministry of Transportation will probably take my license away for a month. Hopefully I can get things sorted out before then, but I'm just giving you guys a realistic idea of what might happen.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what mine are caused by 100%, but I DO think lights and things have to do with it, but.....consoles and TV have NEVER bothered me in the past. It's only seemed to coincidentally happen at the comp. Why....heck, I don't know, since they did a light sensitive test and it picked up barely anything if anything at all.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear that :( I hope things turn out ok for you!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
See, that's the problem with chatting with PNDMike - he's so overwhelmingly cool that any conversation with him that goes beyond two or three sentences runs the risk of overloading a human's brain. PNDMike for future president? I think that's a safe bet.

PND

Smash Champion
See, that's the problem with chatting with PNDMike - he's so overwhelmingly cool that any conversation with him that goes beyond two or three sentences runs the risk of overloading a human's brain. PNDMike for future president? I think that's a safe bet.
Oh my god XD. Sigged.

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
alan, if your controller is white and you have a white one, we may have switched. Also, I can't team with you ( teaming with carlos)

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
actually, i just found out carlos might not make it, so I might team with you. I'll let you know as soon as i can. And I don't think there will be teams this biweekly.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Moses, if you wanted to team with me, I would consider showing up to OBScene, despite my busy schedule...Just putting that out there. :bee:

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! How have you all been? I've been busy... Although I'm not coming to the biweekly this week, I will be making it to OBscene. :) Just thought you all might like to know. And, yes also because I'm in need of a partner :D I'd be willing to team with Hi-Def, if he'd like.

rofl hawtmale! XD

Unsign me up too. I just recently got new plans, and while I love you guys all to death, I am going to be spending friday with a cute girl =P
Ya, sounds like my friday. :D It's the reason I'm not coming tonight.

There eating her. And then there going to eat me.

OOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD!

Dude, that sucks. Are you going to be ok?

buenob

Smash Lord
PLEASE BRING A TV + WII + BRAWL

barring that

PLEASE BRING A WII + BRAWL!!!

if not

PLEASE BRING BRAWL!!!

there will be people to guard any un-used equipment, so if you bring it and it's extra, you won't have to carry it around all day

Fogel

Smash Lord
So, what should we do this Friday? I am leaning towards non-biweekly just for a break, but if the majority wants a tourney then I'm ok with that too.

For those who weren't there on Friday, there were only 8 people total, so we didn't bother having the singles-only biweekly.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Just to keep the flow of things going and right after the OBscene, we should have a non-biweekly, something to just casually play and fool around.

P.S. You'll all see me on the top of the low tier soon enough. And Ariel and I will break the top 3 in doubles. ;)

Top Bottom