• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

arsenic41

Smash Ace
yay new people...Sorry about not changing the PR yet, I am still kidna sick and didn't have time to do anything.

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
I'll be there Friday, yay I finally got time off from work. Is it a bi-weekly this time? though it doesn't matter to me either way, it's all good.

buenob

Smash Lord
ok so I won't be there this week, but i'll be at the bi-weekly on the 13th... I hope i can pre-reg since I've missed so many :)

prepare for some ZSS beat downs... I need to get her up to par to beat fox's....

Fogel

Smash Lord
I have some stuff to do after work Friday, so the smashfest start time will be delayed by an hour. In other words, do not show up before 6:00pm this Friday. Thanks!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Ariel: Will you be making it out to this Smashfest? The princesses must have practice with the Kong & Luigi? (who is your other char anyways?)

§witch

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't show guys :(

I had football practice after school, and I have a deadline i have to make tonight, I'll do my best to be there for the bi-weekly though.

buenob

Smash Lord
i look forward to playing you again switch :) I really enjoyed playing another good falco that wasn't randy... **** his irregular style!

§witch

Smash Lord
i look forward to playing you again switch :) I really enjoyed playing another good falco that wasn't randy... **** his irregular style!
Yeah man, I want to play you again, too bad we only got the one match at OBscene.

I need to recover better, that last stock of mine got ***** off the edge haha.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
First rule of fur ******try...

Anyhow, Ben, are you going to Ali's game beta thingy on Friday? I probably won't be able to make it for the bi-weekly since I want to check that out.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
If Ariel doesn't show I am in need of a partner as well. If HiDef is okay with this I wouldn't mind partnering with him.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If Moses doesn't show for whatever reason, I'll give it a shot with HiDef. Never teamed with him before; should be interesting.

Again, only if Moses isn't available.

Fogel

Smash Lord
What's the difference between OBscene and FFYF2 rules other than the stages?
I took a quick look and there aren't many differences:

- 8 minute matches instead of 7
- One stage ban instead of two
- Stage differences (yes, I know you said other than the stages, but I figured I'd post them here for our reference):

Lylat is neutral
Delfino, Castle Siege, Halberd to counterpick
Squeege's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2 Banned
Skyworld is top tier...I mean banned

That's everything that I could find. This seems to be a standard stage list seen at most tourneys. Ottawa is more 'liberal' than most regions for stages, which I think is good :) At Obscene, I actually got to start a few matches on Delfino and Halberd in singles which was pretty interesting. I don't think I ever played any matches on stages that are in the FFYF2 banned list, so I can't comment much on those.

Top Bottom