• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I will probably be there next friday. Luigi and Honkey are probably gonna be my team guys. I just am not that good with D3. Also, we can play online whenever, if you have a connection. I have low connection speed though >_>
I'm also available during the week after school.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Aside from the usual Friday smashfest, would anyone be interested in getting together either Thursday night or Saturday to practice? It would be one or the other; I may have to go to something Saturday morning but I'm not sure yet.

Harold/Ariel: Sorry I wasn't able to make it out yesterday, the other stuff I was mentioning that might end up happening did end up happening :( I feel bad because I really wanted to practice.

Randy: Good job on winning again! Also, I forgot from last week; thanks for all the Falco tips, I learned a lot. I'm more confident about using Falco in tourney matches now, and I will definitely keep working on him.

Uhh... well I'll do some shout-outs:

Cam-You've improved a lot since I last played you. I don't think you can make 6th worst in Ottawa jokes anymore =O

All in all, this was a pretty fun biweekly. I definately need to work on D3 a lot more. I can't wait for OBscene!
Thanks. I thought your DDD was pretty good, personally! He seems like a good character to pick up, definitely keep working on him.

Convict

Smash Rookie
Sadly I am heading to Toronto for the break so I can't make it this week. I'm hoping to learn some tips on how to forfeit while I am there.

Anyways my first smashfest was quite fun, thanks for having me everyone. I will be trying to improve my game for when I'm back as it seems I fall short in comparison to you regulars. I appreciate the advice you gave me Randy, and I am putting it to good use. Also sorry I could not make it out last night Harold, I ended up on a Bus to Toronto :/

So I will hopefully be there in 2 weeks to see if I have improved, and maybe tackle 4 heart attacks. Have a good break everyone.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I might be able to work something out on Saturday if there's anything going on. But of course, that would probably only be if I couldn't make it Friday, so we'll see. And as for Thursdays, well...haha...that's uh, normally a night I tend to be home for. :laugh:

Fogel

Smash Lord
I may have other plans Thursday as well, so most likely this will be Saturday. If the Saturday morning thing I mentioned earlier does come up, I can just start the smashfest later in the day. If Saturday is no good for you and you would prefer Thursday, speak now or forever hold your johns.

Sadly I am heading to Toronto for the break so I can't make it this week. I'm hoping to learn some tips on how to forfeit while I am there.

Anyways my first smashfest was quite fun, thanks for having me everyone. I will be trying to improve my game for when I'm back as it seems I fall short in comparison to you regulars. I appreciate the advice you gave me Randy, and I am putting it to good use. Also sorry I could not make it out last night Harold, I ended up on a Bus to Toronto :/

So I will hopefully be there in 2 weeks to see if I have improved, and maybe tackle 4 heart attacks. Have a good break everyone.
From your post, it looks like you're fitting in rather well :) Thanks for coming out, and hope to see you back in future weeks!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Convict, you have a totally amazing Pit, and here's some technicalities with Wings of Icarus:
After use, regardless of cancelling, you can't double jump after
If you get hit and you have extra jumps, you can use them
Using a jump after WoI restores WoI. (not fully tested)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Convict, you reminded me of a pre-bi-weekly-dominating Ben. Here's some anti-Lucas advice for you: when you're off the ledge and I'm throwing my thunders (a favorite tactic of mine) just shot an arrow and (assuming you've mastered how to control those things) hit Lucas with it. When hit, his PK thunder disappears. Ben does that all the time now (with ROB's lasers) so shooting PK thunders hasn't been effective at all against him. Well, not anymore. I remember back in the days he would eat up each and every one of those. :p

Cam, I can probably do Saturday. What time would it be at?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Cam, I can probably do Saturday. What time would it be at?
It depends on whether Saturday morning stuff ends up happening for me; if it does, starting time will be mid-afternoon-ish (2-3PM), otherwise, people can show up a bit earlier if they want (11pm-noon...not that most of you are awake then anyway).

arsenic41

Smash Ace
so what is going on? We have a smashfest on friday and then a saturday practice session?

I am down for that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, my sister has like, a skating competition from Thursday-most likely Friday but possibly Saturday. There'll be no car at the house until she gets back so, best case is she's back around 11-ish Friday, worst case is sometime Saturday. Either way, I don't think Friday's an option to me, but Saturday might be.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Now that I finally have some time to myself, I have updated the PR on the first post.

warning: Huge changes.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Wow, the PR has deffenently changed. What? Beating Moses 2-0 didn't get me out of low teir? Interesting.

I would be down for a practice on Saterday. I like the idea alot, since I can't come on friday, :laugh: . School work comes first, though, so if I'm not done my reading week load, I can't go, :( .

I assume the practice would be for OBscene. What would we do on saterday, exactly? Would it be like a smashfest, only avoiding things like minigames and other game modes?

Btw did we post the biweekly results on the Ankoku's thread?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the PR has deffenently changed. What? Beating Moses 2-0 didn't get me out of low teir? Interesting.
Stop yo complain'n bub. I'm so bad I'm not even on the tier list. Plus you only beat Moses once and a lot of people that wouldn't normally beat him did. It was an off day for him, I could see it in his Marth when I was playing him. I think he only 2 stocked me once, the rest were 1 stock each fights and this is me we're talking about.

If me getting 4th in doubles doesn't get me on the tier list than your win against Moses shouldn't up you very much.

P.S. Not be'n dis respect'n here.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Where's Jan and Joblin? Oh, and you might as well add Orlando back in - he'll be back one day. You can take Orlando out of Smash but you can never take the Smash out of Orlando. On that note though, I'd also put Retlaf down into high tier since he's been missing for as long as Orlando has.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
Where's Jan and Joblin? Oh, and you might as well add Orlando back in - he'll be back one day. You can take Orlando out of Smash but you can never take the Smash out of Orlando. On that note though, I'd also put Retlaf down into high tier since he's been missing for as long as Orlando has.
In my shameless defense, I've been fighting Ben, Randy, Derek, and some others not on the list regularly enough.

Edit: I noticed talk of a saturday smashfest. Is this because friday is canceled?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Randy: How about HiDef? He hasn't been around in a while, from what I know, unless you've been playing him?
Anyways, put me down as Honkey Kong/DDD/Luigi and Harold as Lucas/Snake/Metaknight since we used them during the last biweekly.

EDIT: Also, I think Justin should be dropped off the tier list. He hasn't been around in ages and I don't think he's coming back.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I will put Orlando back on once he has entered a bi-weekly.

And the PR change is kinda radicall because honestly i didn't really bother with all the players from mid tier onwards. This time, I didn't sandbag in the rankings this time.

Oh, i should take out Justin probably, but he has been posting sometimes, but he just never showed up.

Fogel

Smash Lord
so what is going on? We have a smashfest on friday and then a saturday practice session?

I am down for that.
Yes.

I would be down for a practice on Saterday. I like the idea alot, since I can't come on friday, :laugh: . School work comes first, though, so if I'm not done my reading week load, I can't go, :( .

I assume the practice would be for OBscene. What would we do on saterday, exactly? Would it be like a smashfest, only avoiding things like minigames and other game modes?

Btw did we post the biweekly results on the Ankoku's thread?
Think of Saturday as just an extra smashfest; you can play whatever modes you want. However, since the tournament is the week after, I think most people will want to play seriously. I'm hosting it because I want to play serious matches, but I don't mind if other people want to do more random stuff.

I'll be back out of low-tier soon enough!

Glad to see Cam's still 6th-from-the-bottom :laugh:
Back in my rightful place! Those of you who are tired of me talking about being 6th worst in Ottawa had better quake in fear!

I am a little sad to be low tier now though :( To think I was high tier just before...

In my shameless defense, I've been fighting Ben, Randy, Derek, and some others not on the list regularly enough.

Edit: I noticed talk of a saturday smashfest. Is this because friday is canceled?
No, Friday is still on. Saturday is just extra.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
PND, you would have loved the matches between harold and I. It was lol. When it was at 2-1 me, he counter picked pirate ship, I stayed honkey and he switch to snake. After getting my @$$ *****, I went DDD and he went meta. We really should have recorded these matches >_>

Anyways, I think harold would be top tier np if he just played as Snake. Lucas is really holding him down. Everyone, please try to convince him to start playing to win!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The wavedash thing doesn't seem all that useful. It actually looks pretty punishable.

I've also already seen though other videos. He's a cool user, and it's always funny when he does things with spanish subtitles. I was actually tempted to post the captain falcon one a few days ago =)

COOOOOOOOOLONEEEEEEEEL PUNCH!

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
However it's not any more punishable than pulling out a turnip standard style. The added movement can only help spacing.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
However it's not any more punishable than pulling out a turnip standard style. The added movement can only help spacing.
tis true.

Also, on saturday, when is the smashfest going to happen?

EDIT: After reading the OBscene thread, I realized that the GTA guys are showing up to Cam's friday. Does this mean we still have a bi-weekly or should we not do it?

Fogel

Smash Lord
tis true.

Also, on saturday, when is the smashfest going to happen?

EDIT: After reading the OBscene thread, I realized that the GTA guys are showing up to Cam's friday. Does this mean we still have a bi-weekly or should we not do it?
4:00pm.

I think there should still be a Biweekly. From what KingAce said in the OBscene thread they won't be getting here until midnight or so anyways. It just means that whoever comes has a chance to play the GTA guys afterwards :)

Top Bottom