• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa reminds me of EVO >.<
Come on, you don't mean that. You know you love Ottawa.

Unless you meant that EVO=SUPERULTRAFUN!

Anyways, Ben has a pretty good mindset, you have to admit. He's letting the stage bans be a little more liberal so we can actually test them at a high level of play and see how much it interferes with the matches(I assume). Let us reserve our judgments until after OBscene.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, also Cam, I might be there a few minutes early in an attempt to try to avoid a major rush hour thing (y'know, the from 5-6pm bit) for an easier drive, so if I happen to show up at your place like 5 minutes after you get in, don't think I'm like stalking you or anything. :laugh:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wait a minute.. doesn't tomorrow's smashfest start at 8pm? Or is that next week's??

gah, I think I'll be late cuz I already made plans for 5:30ish lol

joblin

Smash Apprentice
"ZOMG Metal Gear!"
Translation: I will be attending a biweekly! I know it's strange but Ariel and I need some doubles practice. I'll be taking a bus there but will be asking for a drive home because the buses are still ghey and not full capacity.

"Joel Combo!"
Translation: Ariel, if you lose I'll eat your first born to get some huge air.

Convict

Smash Rookie
Anyone around the Ottawa U campus area offering rides? If so I would be able to attend tonight :D

Even if there are no rides going out I will try and make it out tonight, as a first timer could someone PM directions? Otherwise I will be going door to door with my controller.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Just as a reminder, I will be attending tonight. My Wii will be packed as soon as this Luigi VS IC set finishes (currently 1-1, IC took first game on FD, Luigi took second on BF, and now they're on PS1)

EDIT: Nana failed. Luigi won the set.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
"ZOMG Metal Gear!"
Translation: I will be attending a biweekly! I know it's strange but Ariel and I need some doubles practice. I'll be taking a bus there but will be asking for a drive home because the buses are still ghey and not full capacity.

"Joel Combo!"
Translation: Ariel, if you lose I'll eat your first born to get some huge air.
That's ok, I'm cool with abortion as long as the child is under 3.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Anyone around the Ottawa U campus area offering rides? If so I would be able to attend tonight :D

Even if there are no rides going out I will try and make it out tonight, as a first timer could someone PM directions? Otherwise I will be going door to door with my controller.
First things first: PM Fogel to get his blessings for coming over (he's the host). If he likes you he'll give you all the information needed.

Second, to everybody else, I've changed my mind on my mind changing since I've been staring at Photoshop for hours with very little progress. A break could do me some good (and the winnings can go towards my own drawing tablet). So, once again, I'm going to this bi-weekly. Fear the PSI!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hah! PSI is no match for Level 9 Wall! Wait....right. I never bothered to grind the Defensive Pure spells >.>

Fine! Level 1 Wall, then! And Level 8 Dispel Magic!

</Seiken_Densetsu_high>

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that sounds right. I forget who won doubles though. And yeah, sorry to anyone who was a bit put off by me getting progressively more pissed at things (even friendlies) at points in the night. I was just playing a good bit worse than I would've liked to and it really bothered me, which y'know showed. Not saying yelling certain swear words in anger was okay, just saying it's kinda frustrating to hate losing and feel like you've been practicing to where you should be winning and be unsure of what you can do.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I thought I would take this opportunity to explain why I've been absent: hepatitis. I know, it sounds like johns but what can I say.

I look forward to seeing people next!

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Hey, good to know you guys are still around though. Wilman, I hope you get better! Lucas needs to beat up G&W again. :p

Oh yes, I'm glad you came out Convict/Matt. It was nice meeting you and while you didn't place well in the tournament matches, you sure beat me silly in our friendlies. You practically pulled a Moses. I hope we'll be seeing you again.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Team Prostate vs. Gay Haters was pretty fun too. And although I didn't fight you Convict, I would probably be put off guard by your Pit.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... well I'll do some shout-outs:

Moses-GGs yesterday and today. Your kirby is tough!
Randy-Congratulations on winning! I'll be working on some form of answer to Falco =)
Harold-tierwhoring was fun. Close match.
Cam-You've improved a lot since I last played you. I don't think you can make 6th worst in Ottawa jokes anymore =O
Matt-Tough Pit. I hope you can make it out again, I'd like to play against Pit a lot more =P
Joblin-I think we need to work on out team a bit more =P
Alan-I didn't get to play you...
Derek-Or you...

All in all, this was a pretty fun biweekly. I definately need to work on D3 a lot more. I can't wait for OBscene!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Joblin-I think we need to work on out team a bit more =P
Definitely. And you must stop dieing before I do. I'm the weaker player and somehow I'm outliving you. Your DDD needs a lot more training, your Luigi would do well. Will you be out to Smashfest this Friday? When can we next train?

Top Bottom