• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Randy joins the brawl?!

Well ladies and gentlemen, that makes 8, which is more than enough. Who's ready for the... uhh... hmm... it needs a name.

Who's ready for...

THE OTTAWA SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL HYPER FIGHTING SUPER TURBO HD REMIX REVIVAL CLUSTER**** ROUND ROBIN CIRCUIT?

How long will the season last?
Let's see... How's up until Apr 19 sound? The sooner everyone's matches finish, the sooner we can start again!

I have an idea for a new rule, give feedback:

Anyone can join at anytime, but if you come in half way or after most people are finished or something, you have to play at least four people who joined at the very beginning, otherwise your results won't count. I figure this would help prevent win stacking so you can't just bring in a friend near the end and nab a few extra points for yourself.
(no ones that underhanded anyways, right? right?)

can do the online results (it is my hosting after all)
Well then, that makes things simple. Could you put up:

-Ariel
-Riley
-Bryant
-Ben
-Tyler
-Andrew
-Matt
-Randy
Good luck you guys, may the hax gods smile upon you.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
If you guys REALLY BADLY need more of a scene, i dont mind barwlin with you guys...but only if there is a lack of people...dont count me in just yet
kinda frusturated with my melee skillz as of lately
if things turn out for the worse, i might consider joining the barwl scene
EDIT: we can finish our Pokemon battlez if i join the bawrl scene Ariel lol

buenob

Smash Lord
lol (ps home and sober now, but i have work in just over half an hour and i _just_ woke up) I meant that I will update the website on thurs... i have pool league after work so i can't play any then :( but I have next mon-tues-wed off, so keep those in mind for some matches with me guys

PND

Smash Champion
Dead thread is dead. I'll advertise here, too.

Hey guys, long time no chat. I've been working like crazy lately and haven't really had time for anything smash related. :(

However, that's about to change. That's because in two weeks I'll going to be hosting

"PND's Welcome Back Barbecue and Smash Tourney"
* Saturday, August 14th * @PND's House *

Basically I'll be hosting a tourney / smashfest for us all featuring the best of what the letter B has to offer.

There will be:

BBQ'd Burgers
Beer (and non-alchohlic stuff too)
Brawl
BMelee
and finally. . .
Bosak!

So come, hang out, feast, drink and be merry. I <3 y'all, and I can't wait to get back in the scene.

But here's the catch. . .

I don't live in Ottawa at the moment. I live in Kemptville, it's about a 30-40 minute drive from Ottawa. Hopefully you guys can carpool out..

So plz confirm if you can make it! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably have some really good news to share with you guys at the tourney :D

PND

Smash Champion
Sorry Tin Man, I work that day :(

But if you can make it into Ottawa for the BrawlBQ, I offer you guaranteed housing with Ottawa's sexiest half white, half black kid. Do it! :D

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ok so i looked up travel info and this is what I got for that weekend (round trip on august 7th) :

Greyhound - $94.60

Via Rail - $183.06

taxi & plane would be way to expensive

Wont walk, wont bike.

I don't think anyone else cares enough to drive to ottawa and give me a ride, so all that being said.

I get payed again on the 13th of august (:eek: friday the 13th (lol)). If the tourney was on the 14th then it would be financially reasonable for me to go. Entertainment wise, make sure that Knuckles, Divine Haze & Buenob are there (as well as any more).

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, due to requests by Haze, Jiggernaut, and Tin Man, I am officially postponing the tourney/bbq thingy until the 14th.

And I have really good news to share with everyone on that date.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd also like to say, that I could potential house someone for a night if it was needed (though I get the feeling people aren't going to wind up stranded in Kemptville). Come to think of it...if for whatever reason 2 or 3 people needed to crash in the basement probably could, but that's beside the point here. :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
PM me for it.

Edit: Oh, as for housing, I can comfortably house 10 people. That means on beds and couches. Might be able to cram a few extra people in some of the larger beds if need be. As well there's floorspace for people who want to bring a sleeping bag or whatever.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
"PND's Welcome Back Barbecue and Smash Tourney"
* Saturday, August 14th * @PND's House *

Basically I'll be hosting a tourney / smashfest for us all featuring the best of what the letter B has to offer.

There will be:

BBQ'd Burgers
Beer (and non-alchohlic stuff too)
Brawl
BMelee
and finally. . .
Bosak!

But here's the catch. . .

I don't live in Ottawa at the moment. I live in Kemptville, it's about a 30-40 minute drive from Ottawa. Hopefully you guys can carpool out..

So plz confirm if you can make it! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably have some really good news to share with you guys at the tourney :D
12% chance of me attending.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok so I have to go to my cottage once a month against my will, and it has to be during a weekend. The thing is that every weekend in august has something amazing happening.

August 6-8 is apex, and I don't wanna miss the stream (and I have no internet at cottage :()
August 14 is this BrawlBQ
August 21-22 is Team Nyla's tourney in Toronto
August 27-29 is Fan expo with delicious prizes.

unfortunately 1 of these weekends is going to have to go and well its probably going to be the BrawlBQ weekend. Sorry guys, timing was just off.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yeah if he`s able to without affecting anything else. If not then that`s cool as well.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
If I can get a drive out, I am most certainly going. Is it possible to public bus it there somehow?

btw, did anything happen friday? :/

Tin Man, you're going to miss this for just a stream? Don't they record all matches now-a-days? Can't you request the replays or something? That's kinda lame...

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I have a plan that might work depending on what my parents say. if it does work then all I will need is parental permission (which shouldn't be easy:()

If I can get a drive out, I am most certainly going. Is it possible to public bus it there somehow?

btw, did anything happen friday? :/

Tin Man, you're going to miss this for just a stream? Don't they record all matches now-a-days? Can't you request the replays or something? That's kinda lame...
Well watching the stream and watching a recording are 2 very different experiences for me. Watching the stream has the benefits of watching the event live with several people all over North America and even the world (seeing as how this is apex and japan is reaching for brawl, and many ppl are reaching for melee). Its much more hype for me to watch the livestream. Another factor is that I get t talk with the commentators, and the comments we may exchange 9although it would be a rather short convo) would be recorded on the stream (and if not, i still talked to the commentators live during the event so yeah lol, pretty big tourney to miss)

Top Bottom