• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
It's a smashfesttttt so go get drunkkkkkkk

Matt, Roy is win! Unfortunately, myself, knuckles, PND and HiDef won't be going to the tourney. We wanted to, but working and a lack of funds sadly make it impossible to go. >.<

P.S. At the next bi-weekly I may show you all MY new super secret character I've picked up. :D

buenob

Smash Lord
i will pay the entire gas money, + find housing for us, if you guys can drive down...

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
wow. thats really tempting. and also makes it a financial possibility. Lets call that plan a probably! (i will feel terrible for you paying all the gas but you can have my share when we win in doubles!)

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i'm sick of teaming with rando's... Lykeios was a solid wolf, but didn't really get the whole "don't smash your partner" thing... also, al T. could talk about was "Where's knuckles", so you best go lol

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
D: Infzy....! You didn't wreck me that much.

Also yo, can you sign me up for this ladder thing in Melee and Brawl? It'd be cool to enter. But if I'm allowed to enter, I won't be able to come this friday, got exams DDD:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Wait. I totally played you at OBscene a year ago right? I was D3 against a Wolf? Or am I thinking of someone else?

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
D: Infzy....! You didn't wreck me that much.

Also yo, can you sign me up for this ladder thing in Melee and Brawl? It'd be cool to enter. But if I'm allowed to enter, I won't be able to come this friday, got exams DDD:
ladder? its the league son, get hyped
yup me and him have exams...we ll be going there next week foh sure though

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey, uh....I just thought I'd throw it out there that I really don't know if I'm going to be coming tomorrow. Some uh...serious stuff has come up tonight that really is just not cool and has been messing with my mind. PND, I can explain some bits about it further to you later if you want, but well...I'd rather not post a bunch of stuff about it here since well, you know. :(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yup, that was me. I think I might be better at the matchup now, but I'm not really sure...I haven't played any D3s since then, really.
Guess who doesn't play D3 anymore? I'll be going DK/Wario/Luigi/Bowser/G-Dorf in that order.

Hey, uh....I just thought I'd throw it out there that I really don't know if I'm going to be coming tomorrow. Some uh...serious stuff has come up tonight that really is just not cool and has been messing with my mind. PND, I can explain some bits about it further to you later if you want, but well...I'd rather not post a bunch of stuff about it here since well, you know. :(
Are you ok?

EDIT: Woo Jordan! We're all glad to have you sign up!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Everyone who posted or PMed me asking was added to the league. If you didn't get in before now, sorry, but you'll have to wait for next round.

Just in case anyone is wondering about it, there are actually enough people now for both games that we could potentially add a C house. However, I'd rather wait and see how this season plays out first. There are a lot of new people and I'd like to make sure they are actually showing up and playing out their games first before expanding this. It wouldn't be fair to have a bunch of 4-person houses, and then there end up being a lot of no-shows.

If there is a good amount of participation, or we get a couple more people, C houses can start next season.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, we have quite a lot of people signed up for the league!

Definately helped adding more attendance :).

Looking forward to playing you guys tomorrow!

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
holy s*** sooo much people this time around >_< madd hypee
we could even start a melee PR...0_o
Good luck to everyone who plays today! I will be claiming FIRST in melee this time around now that Randys not playing LOL /jokes, everyone in my house is going to wreck me...:(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Matt- Yeah I play G-dorf now, son. What! Is that the best low-tier main in Ottawa award I see myself with?

@Al- Saus is still in though =O!!

buenob

Smash Lord
knuckles - are you (and by you i mean we) going to montreal for BISB:NaN on friday night or sat morning??

also, either way I'm going to be busy friday night, so I would like to propose a mini-tournament, or just a smashfest, should be held at my place to help prepare for the tournament :) pm me if you're interested... probably tuesday or wednesday evening, not running too late for you chumps with school in the AM

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
@APU - MM stands for Money Matches. You each put down some money and the winner of the match (2/3, 3/5 etc) gets the money.

@Riley - If youre coming down and I happen to show up Ill be be down for some money matches. Didnt get to play you last week.

@ Tyler - Sorry to hear that. Hope the situation turns out for the best.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, if people want to MM me, let me know!

Riley, I'll MM you. The 3 stock you got on me last time will not happen again LOL!

We should have a Brawl Crew match thing again...lol xD.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, update, I'm for certain not going to be coming tonight. Things kind of....got the opposite of better, so yeah, I don't think heading out tonight would be the best move. Sorry guys. :(

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Well, update, I'm for certain not going to be coming tonight. Things kind of....got the opposite of better, so yeah, I don't think heading out tonight would be the best move. Sorry guys. :(
dont worry man, you re not the only one not going tonight
and w.e is happening with your life, hope it gets better :/
best way to remedy this problem with your life is to take your stress out via smashing :p

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say thanks all for the awesome smashfest tonight, even though I lost all league matches miserably it was fun - I won't be loosing all my matches for too much longer though :p. (EDIT: ... hopefully >.>)

It was nice to finally get into the community, can't wait to see everyone (and meet more people) soon!

[EDIT 2]:
If anyone remembers anything about the way I was playing and have tips as to how I can improve, feel free to share :D

PND

Smash Champion
@Jordan: Great to meet you last night. As for tips: nair and uair more. Those aerials are SOOO good, especially uair.

Melee leagues results:
PND : 3 - 2 : HiDef
PND : 3 - 1 : Matt07
PND : 3 - 2 : Linkshot
HiDef : 3 - 0 : Matt07
HiDef: 3 - 0 : Linkshot

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
dont worry man, you re not the only one not going tonight
and w.e is happening with your life, hope it gets better :/
best way to remedy this problem with your life is to take your stress out via smashing :p
Thanks man. I'll explain things to you guys when I next see/talk to you guys and all that, just here's not the best place for it.

buenob

Smash Lord
crazy update 1: i will join the melee league next season :)
crazy update 2: get that scrub lolimar out of my secondaries, and replace him with diddy plz
crazy update 3: remilia scarlet will be leaving for japan again tomorrow morning, dunno if he told you but he'll be gone again (sad face)

Top Bottom