• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Ceiling

Floor

Ceiling being Assist Trophy/Boss/NPC

Floor being nothing.

So basically, they will never ever ever be anything more than an AT, Boss, or NPC.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Is Metal Sonic a boss in the SSE?

Chances are the only villain in SSE will be Eggman, though.. I definitely picture the fat guy firing the Trophizising gun at Link or something..
No Metal Sonic hasn't been confirmed in the SSE but i can see him in it.

OOC: No Dojo updates over the next week :( nooooo

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I can't see Shadow being a costume change, see the Wario Overalls update for why.
As for just a basic colour change, I'd see it as daft if on the victory screen at the end it says
"THIS GAMES WINNER...SONIC!"
When there's Shadow there.
The same could be said with Peach's Daisy coloration, but that is how it was done in Melee and the Brawl demo, so I could realisticly see it a possibility if Sonic's alternate colorations didn't only affect his shoe color and shade of blue.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
However that has not happened, remember daisy and peach are the same in every way, just in different colour... But Shadow and Sonic are NOT exactly the same.

Proof 1: Shadow has red streaks in his hair

Proof 2: Shadow has his spikes the over way round...(meaning his spikes are more likely to look like SuperSonic)

Crab-Meat

Smash Rookie
In SA2 and Sonic Heroes, both Sonic and Shadow had extremely similar moves, plus people would of ten mistake Shadow for Sonic.

And Daisy and Peach look nothing alike, but Peach changes her colors to look similar to Daisy. I'm sure they could adapt a Shadow alt just fine.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
In SA2 and Sonic Heroes, both Sonic and Shadow had extremely similar moves, plus people would of ten mistake Shadow for Sonic.

And Daisy and Peach look nothing alike, but Peach changes her colors to look similar to Daisy. I'm sure they could adapt a Shadow alt just fine.
I agree, Sonic could have Shadows color as second costume, Silver's color as third, Mighty's color as fourth, Scourge's color as fifth and ...Why not?... Amy's color as sixth costume. What's the matter? If Luigi and Captain Falcon can go pink why not Sonic?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I agree, Sonic could have Shadows color as second costume, Silver's color as third, Mighty's color as fourth, Scourge's color as fifth and ...Why not?... Amy's color as sixth costume. What's the matter? If Luigi and Captain Falcon can go pink why not Sonic?
Its possible for Shadow/Silver/Amy alternate colors...but an alternate Mighty color is pretty much impossible, oh and don't get me started on Scourge.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Sonic's alternate colours will be changed, it could happen and would be better if it happened,
but shades of blue suits him best, mainly because blue is one of his main features which makes him as a character, if you know what I mean. Hence blue blur.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Don't forget that red and green are necessary for the team matches!
Besides, I don't see Sonic so bad with those colors, expecially red.
Anyway, what about brown, like a conventional hedgehog?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
You do have a point, but apparently Sonic has different coloured wristbands or something.

It doesn't matter, besides, it's off topic anyway...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: What if we have the entire Chaotix Squad (Included Knuckles and Mighty) as AT?

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Knuckles is awesome. If anyone from else from the Sonic series is in, it should be him. Even though it will be Tails, we all know that. He will most likely only be an AT though.

If it were up to me, I would comepletely switch Knuckles with Sonic.

redphoenix526

Smash Apprentice
The skies above and the shelter (dorm) at Indiana
If it was to be anyone, it would have to be Tails (though it would be awesome to have both Tals and Knuckles.) How does anyone other than Tails deserve the spot over him? He's been around the longest, playable in the most games (second to Sonic), and he's the most deserving. Knuckles is cool and I'd like him playable, too, but I still think I'd take Tails over Knuckles.

If I had my way though, both would be playable, with Amy as an AT.

MM125

Smash Rookie
I think the best sonic character besides sonic to put in Brawl (even though there won't be one) is Knuckles. Think about it. One of the new features in Brawl is gliding and Knuckles can glide. He is also very strong and can be used as a heavyweight character. His attacks would be simple, barrage of punches. His final smash could have something to do with the master emerald and chaos control. Assist trophies i'd like to see are Eggman doing something in his flyer, Amy, hits people with her hammer, and tails in the tornado.
The only heavyweight Sonic characters possible are Tails/Cyclone, Eggman/Eggwalker and Big

MM125

Smash Rookie
I'd like Shadow, Tails, Knux and Amy ATs or playable, and Eggman and Metal Sonic for Bosses.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You guys can ignore my tails vote post above for a little while. He advanced. One vote behind Issac, One vote above SA-X.

Tails for AT (I wish to say for Brawl or PC. But it's very doubtful)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Why cream of all characters?! personally she is able as useful as Big the Cat, none what so ever. She was kinda brought into the series just for Sonic Advance 2. If anything, she will be a sticker or a trophy. Amy Rose i would agree with you for being possibly being an AT or even a PC if lucky... however Blaze and Rouge will take more priority over Cream. Well the reason Blaze has been in more games of recent is due to her non over sexual nature, Rouge is too adult like and her appearance has far to developed aka: breasts.

Ha.... Rouge. That was.... yeah.
Anyhow, Cream wasn't JUST brought in because of Sonic Advance 2. They could've stuck Amy with a Chao or something gay like that. What they ended up doing is adding a character that in every game that Cream is playable Cream is one of the noob characters that anyone can pick up and play (Bosses last about 10 seconds if the player is mashing the B button). Cream probably would kill everything.
Amy... nah. That would kind of suck. A hammer for every attack? Don't we already have Ice Climbers for that?
If anyone, it should be Tails or Knuckles. Probably Tails if at all.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Cream didn't even get playable in Mario & Sonic Olympics. She's a referee instead. Along with Charmy, Espio, Toad, and Shy Guy.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Also from actually having the game, Big the Cat makes a few appearances in the game as well (proof in hammer throw, he is standing in one of the enterance isles after you have thrown). Plus they used cream as a judge mainly because you could hate her more for giving you a foul when you didn't foul.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If they were in there I'll get knocked off and then die of laughter at what they do next:chuckle:
Maybe starting with a Power Rangers group pose.

Ha.... Rouge. That was.... yeah.
Amy... nah. That would kind of suck. A hammer for every attack? Don't we already have Ice Climbers for that?
And King Dedede, if for that, and an hammer brother as AT. What's the matter? Too many hammers? Well, there are already many swords in the game.
Rouge is not a rejectable char. At least she can fly.

Polar_Bear

Smash Rookie
Tails and Knuckles will definately be ATs, if they are in at all.

Tails can help you recover if you fall off the stage.
Knuckles can be another generic "punch" character.

I think that's it for a third party character. Remember Snake has Grey Fox.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
true but due to the other sonic games are 3+ they are having to limit the use of rouge unless SEGA make some 18+ game about sonic

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well i over exaggerated it a bit about the 18+ but with what people say about Rouge being a **** like bat with a giant rack, that isnt appropriate to the young viewers and players of the game should see. (Only the extremely fussy *** holes who find everything wrong would do such a thing).

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I would have to say either Tails or Knuckles. I think Knucles would be better, however, and makes a lot more sense due to possible moveset and statistics. He would be a medium speed character that has great strength. He will be able to take advantage of the new Glide technique and his Final Smash could have something to do with the Master Emerald. In regards to Tails, his moveset is a bit more foggy, but I do see him using his gadgets for his specials and his Tornado for his Final Smash. I still think Knuckles would be better out of the 2 and Tails should be an Assist Trophy.

finalark

SNORLAX
Rouge... that... thing... scares me...

No, it really does. She is more proof that Sega promotes.... I think anyone who has Sonic Next-Gen knows what I am talking about.

Sonic kissing a (human) woman... that's a scary thought...

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
I would want Shadow if another Sonic character were playable. And for those who say he would be a clone I can make up a moveset right now, only B moves for now though.

Power 3/5
speed 5/5
weight 3/5
fall speed 2/5

B=Black Tornado. Shadow spins fast creating a tornado drawing in nearby opponents and hitting three times and launching opponent upward. Deals 7-8% per hit.

>B=Chaos spear. Shadow throws 3 chaos spears a short distance and they sperad out vertically. The move can be charged which causes Shadow to throw a single Chaos spear thats bigger than normal and goes further. Uncharged this attack does 9% and stuns, charged it does 15% and stuns.

vB=Chaos Blast. Hold the button longer for a larger Blast radius. Deals 20% and has high knockback.

^B= Chaos Control. Similar to Mewtwo's teleports a short distance, no damage.

FS= Super Shadow. Shadow transforms using the chaos Emeralds. During this time he can't be hurt. He can ram people like Sonic can for high knockback but deals no damage. Pressing B will shoot out 5 fast Chaos spears dealing 5-6% each. Holding B will charge then resulting in one chaos spear that homes in on an opponent but is slower. Deals 25%. This forms attacks are unblockable and he is eaiser to control than super Sonic but he is slower.

Note: I doubt any other Sonic characters will be playable but this is to show that Shadow could fit in Brawl with a unique moveset. I hope Shadow is a recolor or AT though.

shadowed_phoenix

Smash Apprentice
I would want Shadow if another Sonic character were playable.

Note: I doubt any other Sonic characters will be playable but this is to show that Shadow could fit in Brawl with a unique moveset. I hope Shadow is a recolor or AT though.
Yeah, they could do the colours like how they've done warios. he could have 5 sonic costumes and 5 shadow ones. (or 5 sonic, 4 shadow and a knuckles)

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say either Tails or Knuckles. I think Knucles would be better, however, and makes a lot more sense due to possible moveset and statistics. He would be a medium speed character that has great strength. He will be able to take advantage of the new Glide technique and his Final Smash could have something to do with the Master Emerald. In regards to Tails, his moveset is a bit more foggy, but I do see him using his gadgets for his specials and his Tornado for his Final Smash. I still think Knuckles would be better out of the 2 and Tails should be an Assist Trophy.
Knuckles's Moveset would be very predictable and not very original, Tails's moveset on the other hand would be very unique and a lot more original. Why? Because it's true.

There are many other reasons why Tails should be a playable before Knuckles. Read the Tails character Thread.

I don't know how many times I've explained this...

I mean really, I wonder how many of these people have actually played the Genesis/Megadrive games.

Shadow isn't even worth mentioning. One reason is because he is dead, or should be for that matter. Why did they bring him back? He was only ever a decent character in Sonic Adventure 2.

KidIcarus93

Smash Rookie
No more sonic characters....instead....

sonic will have costume changes that make him look like shadow, or silver. much like fox

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If he has Shadow and Silver costume changes, I'll cry. Luckily that's impossible thanks to that Wario costume update.

Edit: And since when does Fox have costume changes o.O

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I have a strong feeling that Shadow will be in Brawl, however I think he has a higher chance as an Attack Trophy than a Playable Character.

And Knuckles sounds plausable, its almost like gliding was added for him. He can't do the multi jump that
Pit and MetaKnight can, but he can still use the gliding mechanics.

Tails may be, his Up B would probubly close to his flying in the games and would probably use some sort of machine. However he isn't as popular as Knuckles and Shadow, which dose reduce his chances as a Playable Character.

If any of these characters are added, we will be able to do a Mario and Luigi VS Sonic and ______

Top Bottom