• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

SonicMario

Smash Master
Big was IMO just a filler character in Sonic Adventure. The events of Sonic Adventure could have happened easily without the presence of Big. I mean even Froggy had a more important role. Big was just used for Comic Relief.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Big was IMO just a filler character in Sonic Adventure. The events of Sonic Adventure could have happened easily without the presence of Big. I mean even Froggy had a more important role. Big was just used for Comic Relief.
Its also because of that darn fat cat that Chaos managed to get the final chaos emerald as it was inside the Tornado II and he stole the plane only to crash in in the jungle like the moron he is.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
HolyNightmare: Good Call.....................................................

I mean how are you supposed to hate someone just because they like frogs.... a lot.........
And Takes Naked Pictures with the frogs.....
And Posted them up on the internet............

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
But enough with Big already he isn't even worth being discussed, they should have brought back Fang and Mighty instead of creating him solely for one single game.
I hope Fang comes back in the new Sonic Rpg game Bioware is making, its the best game to introduce back scrapped characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hate to bump for no reason but in the Character battle Sonic needs some voting. Especially against tough competition with Bowser, Krystal, and De De De.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
It is unlikely he will get a second rep, however, it is possible. It doesn't seem right for Sonic to be alone, at least that's what I think.

Trash Jack

Smash Rookie
If there was to be another Sonic rep, it would HAVE to be Tails. However, that is very unlikely, so here's my list of Assist Trophies:
Tails
Knuckles
NiGHTS (?; Who knows?)

Regular Trophies:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
NiGHTS
Amy Rose
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Silver (?; he IS a sticker)

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I am definitly hoping 4 more third party characters (cause there's 50 i think) and I would LOVE it if Shadow the hedgehog was in the game!

P.S.- Does any1 think i can post a shadow the hedgehog appreciation thread here ?, i feel it will look best in this section

Okay, I'm going to drop the bomb here:
IF the game was pushed back and IF Sakarai did say THEN he was only going to have 3-4 third party characters... what does this mean now?
The word of Sakarai then isn't the word of Sakarai now. The starting roster may have Sonic on it now when previously before it said it wouldn't. Wario may not be on the starting roster or Kirby like previously thought. So it is entirely more likely we will have a second Sonic character.

CatLikeThief

Smash Rookie
If you give Sonic another rep then that gets into the field of giving all the other third party characters second reps instead of more entirely new third party characters. We're lucky enough just to have Sonic.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Like CatLikeThief said, we're lucky to get sonic as it is... another rep for him will be brill, 2 reps wid him from sonic is pushing the bar WAY 2 far.

(Off Topic: I've noticed that characters like Shadow are similar with their colours ((red and black)), attitude, role, relation to main and poses.
e.g. Shadow
Gaara
Vincent Valentine
Vegeta
Seto Kaiba)

i bet they'll have a trophy of the original Shadow and one wid him holding a gun

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Like CatLikeThief said, we're lucky to get sonic as it is... another rep for him will be brill, 2 reps wid him from sonic is pushing the bar WAY 2 far.

(Off Topic: I've noticed that characters like Shadow are similar with their colours ((red and black)), attitude, role, relation to main and poses.
e.g. Shadow
Gaara
Vincent Valentine
Vegeta
Seto Kaiba)

i bet they'll have a trophy of the original Shadow and one wid him holding a gun
Kinda, I can see the similarities.

Cless

Smash Champion

e.g. Shadow
Gaara
Vincent Valentine
Vegeta
Seto Kaiba)

Vegeta wears blue and white...

Cless

Smash Champion
Uhh, what when he was trapped in Frieza's spaceship when Frieza blew up Vegeta for all of 5 seconds? When Vegeta was introduced into the show, he always wore blue, white, and yellow. The planets where the color was all weird don't count.

SonicMario

Smash Master
No I meant the Pink Shirt Bulma gave him in the Trunks Saga. But anyway DBZ has nothing to do with Sonic, so just say anything else in Spoiler tags for people who are uninterested with DBZ.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there is not gonna be anymore sonic characters as playable characters.
Grey fox is an AT and he could have been a perfect character.
Grey fox > tails
Sorry tails fans, he is so lame and hs voice is so annoying . On the otherhand knuckles would be a good
character . down b- digg.

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, so why were we talking about DBZ?

Anyway, yes, Demoncannon all of those characters do have similar personalities. Now that I think about, every franchise has a character like that.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Here's an interesting idea. What if Brawl brought back some of the discontinued characters? I always did like Nack. It would be a little nuts to have him as an AT, though. More like a trophy, at best.

Still, it would make me happy, and Brawl's done weirder stuff than that.

pezmaniac

Smash Rookie
I really think it should only be just sonic as a playable character, but to take stages, items and make people from the games AT's

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there is not gonna be anymore sonic characters as playable characters.
Grey fox is an AT and he could have been a perfect character.
Grey fox > tails
Sorry tails fans, he is so lame and hs voice is so annoying . On the otherhand knuckles would be a good
character . down b- digg.
Would you have said that if Tails kept his voice and still had an actual role like he did Pre-Sonic Heroes (ala SA2B & SADX?!?!)

Tails is the 3rd most popular character. That's one place above knuckles, one place behind Shadow and 2 spots behind Sonic. So don't start getting any ideas that Tails would be better then Knuckles.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I think they would would add Tails as the 2nd Sonic character cause Soinc and Tails are always the Team in the Games. If Sonic has a partner, its Tails.
Knuckles would be awesome to play as too.

Tails and Knuckles would be the coolest best, but Shadow would be easier. (I just hope they wouldnt give him guns or vehicle like Wario)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Shadow would have to have the Black Arms guns for him to use. But that'd be too similar to Fox/Falco. I would think Sakauri would choose Tails. But I do know Shadow is popular all my friends asked after I told them Sonic was in. they asked: "What about Shadow?". An diI answered with a "Nothing yet". Though I hope they won't be too mad when Shadow sdoesn't turn that way.

I just prefer Tails mostly because he's classic and he was part of the EGM rumor.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I can't see there being any more, being a realist.
Shadow will be a costume change. Tails and Knuckles for assist trophies.

finalark

SNORLAX
Shadow would have to have the Black Arms guns for him to use. But that'd be too similar to Fox/Falco. I would think Sakauri would choose Tails. But I do know Shadow is popular all my friends asked after I told them Sonic was in. they asked: "What about Shadow?". An diI answered with a "Nothing yet". Though I hope they won't be too mad when Shadow sdoesn't turn that way.

I just prefer Tails mostly because he's classic and he was part of the EGM rumor.
Shadow has other attacks then Black Arms, he has some crazy battle moves that he could use..

test-object

Smash Cadet
I can't see there being any more, being a realist.
Shadow will be a costume change. Tails and Knuckles for assist trophies.
You win an award for "Best Realist" in the 21st century.
Sonic's a third character. If they put too much sidekicks of him in Brawl, they could've called the game "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games"

... Oh wait.

Top Bottom