• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

SonicMario

Smash Master
There are still alot others we haven't listed. But we have already talked about all the likely ones. Heck, we stopped talking about likely characters when the 1st mention of Big appeared.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Ahh, dreams. I still hope Big never shows his face, he doesn't even deserve a sticker.
As long as he doesn't say anything, I'm cool with him for AT. That is, if there weren't other more deserving characters like Tails and Eggman.

In the interest of keeping this topic going, I'll make a list of what most characters would be likely to do as an AT, IMO. Feel free to discuss.

Tails: When you get knocked off the edge, he brings you back to the spawn point once. You retain all damage.
Knuckles: Burrow underground, wait for a while, then do a surprise-uppercut on one of your enemies.
Amy: . . .Break things? Maybe with some kind of pink heart SFX. . .
Shadow: Slow down time for everyone besides the character who summoned him. Maybe even help you attack a little bit.
Chaotix: Distort the screen with their musical performance. Don't stand too close.
Omega: Stands in one place firing homing rockets. Also, is awesome.
Big: Grabs people with the pole and brings them in for you to punish. And reflects stuff off his stomach because he's. . .well, let's be polite and say 'bouncy'.
Chaos: Floods the screen, forcing everyone to swim.
Silver: Levitates all items onscreen to fly into enemies.
Eggman: Hover around in the background, firing bombs that drop from the sky. Sort of like Andross, but with a bombastic laugh.
Or, for awesome. . .Makes the EGG CARRIER appear in the background, before unleashing Egg-H*ll on the playing field. Bombastic laugh is souped up by loudspeakers.

And last but not least, for the lulz. . .Sonic.

Appears, snickers at the enemy, then vanishes. The screen turns blue and your enemy explodes, Hokuto-No-Ken style. You win the match.

. . .In case you can't tell, I think Sonic is awesome.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh... someone like the mention of Bark the Polar Bear, Ray the Squirrel, and Bean the Dynamite like from Sonic the Fighters (But they're the bottom of the crop in even appearing). And there are stil more...

SonicMario

Smash Master
There was a magazine that made a joke about that. When it showed artwork of Jet in a preview of Sonic Riders, they captioned it to say "Is.. Is that you bean?! Oh how we missed you!"

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, if you want to pick characters from a bad fighting game and a mediocre racing game, ok.

Whatever, we talked about everything important. If you REALLY want to talk about them, knock yourself out.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well its a topic of OTHER sonic characters, though its possible for all, we should keep giving ideas for everyone till the game comes out

Cless

Smash Champion
As long as he doesn't say anything, I'm cool with him for AT. That is, if there weren't other more deserving characters like Tails and Eggman.

In the interest of keeping this topic going, I'll make a list of what most characters would be likely to do as an AT, IMO. Feel free to discuss.

Tails: When you get knocked off the edge, he brings you back to the spawn point once. You retain all damage.

Agree

Knuckles: Burrow underground, wait for a while, then do a surprise-uppercut on one of your enemies.

I'd rather he run around punching people. Depending upon how involved AT movesets are, he could do a 3-hit combo, his Shinryuken move from Sonic Adventure, and glide

Amy: . . .Break things? Maybe with some kind of pink heart SFX. . .

She should do her hammer tornado thing until she gets dizzy, then she disappears.

Shadow: Slow down time for everyone besides the character who summoned him. Maybe even help you attack a little bit.

That sounds a little broken, but ATs by nature are broken, so why not?

Chaotix: Distort the screen with their musical performance. Don't stand too close.

Sounds like fun. DK fs and Chaotix AT ftw.

Omega: Stands in one place firing homing rockets. Also, is awesome.

Can't think of anything else he'd do.

Big: Grabs people with the pole and brings them in for you to punish. And reflects stuff off his stomach because he's. . .well, let's be polite and say 'bouncy'.

I think it'd be funnier if he chased Froggy all over the place and ran people over as he did. He can retain his 'bouncy' properties too.

Chaos: Floods the screen, forcing everyone to swim.

The only problem I have with this is that you're supposed to sink after you swim for a bit, so I don't know how this'd work.

Silver: Levitates all items onscreen to fly into enemies.

Sounds good.

Eggman: Hover around in the background, firing bombs that drop from the sky. Sort of like Andross, but with a bombastic laugh.
Or, for awesome. . .Makes the EGG CARRIER appear in the background, before unleashing Egg-H*ll on the playing field. Bombastic laugh is souped up by loudspeakers.

Also sounds good.

And last but not least, for the lulz. . .Sonic.

Appears, snickers at the enemy, then vanishes. The screen turns blue and your enemy explodes, Hokuto-No-Ken style. You win the match.

ATATATATATATATATA!!!!!! You are already dead.

. . .In case you can't tell, I think Sonic is awesome.
Responses bolded.

I liked that fighting game. Better than I liked the racing game, anyway. . .
I liked it too, but it doesn't change the fact that it was bad.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, lets talk about Jet the Hawk. He's a Hawk, he's green, and he's cool. Kind of.

Anyone want to create a move list?

If he was an AT here is what he could do:

Ride in on his Hover Board and crash into everyone they go away, just like me and the Noen series.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Well, lets talk about Jet the Hawk. He's a Hawk, he's green, and he's cool. Kind of.

Anyone want to create a move list?

If he was an AT here is what he could do:

Ride in on his Hover Board and crash into everyone they go away, just like me and the Noen series.
I don't know man, Jet is fine but his voice....god.
The Babylon Rogues are a bit obscure, but the sequel of Sonic Riders is going to explain more about their origins hopefully.
I think the whole Babylon Rogues should be counted as a single Assist trophy, they would like all hit their opponents with the extreme gears board.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know man, Jet is fine but his voice....god.
The Babylon Rogues are a bit obscure, but the sequel of Sonic Riders is going to explain more about their origins hopefully.
I think the whole Babylon Rogues should be counted as a single Assist trophy, they would like all hit their opponents with the extreme gears board.
Now that would be cool. I can't quite remember Jet's voice, should I be thankful?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well thats what you get to save money on voice actors, but SEGA have always been good with their voice actors. ANYWAYS, i do want to see the Babylon rouges at an AT, also i would find it funny if Amy Rose was an AT as well.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I could see anyone being an Action Trophy, they all have some kind of ability they can use. Even Cream, she could.... attack you with her Chao? Speaking of Chaos, maybe they could be their own Action Trophy?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well actually AT's are characters who were meant to be PC (some of them who use fighting skills or swords), e.g. lyn, saki, lil mac well Either Shadow, Knuckles & Tails for PC or AT will do me fine

Cless

Smash Champion
well actually AT's are characters who were meant to be PC (some of them who use fighting skills or swords), e.g. lyn, saki, lil mac well Either Shadow, Knuckles & Tails for PC or AT will do me fine
Yeah, that's just not true: Andross, Devil, Mr. Resetti. I could go on, and AT stands for Assist Trophy people, not Action Trophy.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was thinking, "He could sound a little less like Iago. Just a tad."
Less like Iago? I'd rather have him sounding like Gilbert Gofreid in all his sarcastic glory than Usopp's nail-meets-chalkboard noises.

It's kind of a stretch to think that Dr. Wright could fight someone like Mario, but if they can make a moveset for Fox, they can make a moveset for anyone.

Cless

Smash Champion
Less like Iago? I'd rather have him sounding like Gilbert Gofreid in all his sarcastic glory than Usopp's nail-meets-chalkboard noises..
Actually, I was just thinking Iago because he was a bird, but 4kids Usopp is a better comparison. Funimation dub is ok though.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I want Amy as a assist trophy, XD. But like that would happen.

I think Tails would be the best suit for a assist trophy. =D

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wonder if regular 3rd party trophies will appear. If they couldn't be assist trophies. Like c'mon, if somebody that is new and sees like a Knuckles sticker. They won't know who the heck he is unless some information is given.

Most Sonic characters that couldn't be AT for NORMAL trophy!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I wonder if regular 3rd party trophies will appear. If they couldn't be assist trophies. Like c'mon, if somebody that is new and sees like a Knuckles sticker. They won't know who the heck he is unless some information is given.

Most Sonic characters that couldn't be AT for NORMAL trophy!
I think that every third party characters whenever they appear as a playable, sticky, AT or not at all is going to get at least a normal trophy.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Eggman and Nega arent the same person. Im talking about the old Robotnik model, before they called him Eggman. He looked much more demented at he was much fatter. Ever since they started calling him Eggman (Which was really just an insult from Sonic to Robotnik) he kinda got more and more pathetic as a villian. I mean look at the old model, he made Metal Sonic, 2 different Mecha Sonics, the Death Egg (twice) and some huge f'n robots to control. From then on he either just re-did the same things or went with a similar robot/plan (notice the strong resemblance in the Death Egg and Ark, even if they were made by 2 completely different characters?). I found the original to be on a more insane scale so i would like for the origianl Robotnik to have his own trophy.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know about pathetic, in Sonic Adventure 2 the man threatened Sonic with a gun, plus (from what I've seen) he's fairly bad in Sonic 360.

Anyway, before we get back on the topic of that monstrosity, I suppose as far a robots go, Metal Sonic would be cool

Top Bottom