• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Hm... I just thought of something.

Sonic is to Fox (Hero) as Knuckles is to Falco (Independent) as Peppy is to Tails (Tech help) as Slippy is to Amy (Annoying) as Shadow is to Wolf (Rival).

Which Star Fox character did we get? Falco. So Knuckles is probably more likely.
First off, Slippy is the techie. Not Peppy. Peppy is more of a veteran/father figure, and I can't really think of a parallel for him in Sonic.

Anyway, you're forgetting that Sega would monitor the inclusion of their property in Brawl very closely and have a big say in who gets what, representation-wise.

Also, there's not as big of a difference in popularity between Tails and Knuckles as there are between Falco and Slippy.

If I wanted to apply your idea to another comparison, like Sonic/Mario, I could say that Tails is getting in because Luigi is. If I wanted to, I could even say that Amy, Eggman, Big and Knuckles would be in because they compare to Peach, Bowser, D.K. and Wario. But that wouldn't make it true.

I just realized that Star Fox is like Sonic because Sonic came first, but they really aren't alike.
True. If anything, Tails is more similar to Fox. Flies a plane, uses weapons, is. . .well, a Fox. . .

Cless

Smash Champion
Knuckles is almost always independent and is only thrown together with people to suit the story. Otherwise he's alone. Falco only left Star Fox once. The whole team breaking up in SFC doesn't count.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The way I see it, any particular Sonic character could stand out as a PC. They have the abilities and the moves to do so. Some would be gay (yes Big, that means you) while others would pwn (like Espio)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
It also depends on how well they can make their move sets. There are characters with heavy limitations in Sonic and others with a grand array of abilities. Espio for examle can throw shirokens, cloak, and reall not much else (unless you use his moveset from Sonic Fighters). Tails can fly and attack with his Tails as he is flying (hold UpB anyone?) whip his tails or for a final smash jump into Cyclone and let off a barrage of missils or that imense beam (like Samus's FS). I was hoping for Sonic to be playable but I was always wondering how they would do his moveset, which is mainly different variations of his spinning attacks (i was dissapointed in that).

Tails and Knuckles undaoubtable would draw in the younger crowd, but players who got into the series late would want Shadow, and as much as I love Shadow as a character I hate the idea of another clone character.

Cless

Smash Champion
Please stop butchering the word shuriken.

I'm not disappointed with Sonic's moveset. All he should is spin dashes, and he has the homing attack.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

I'm not disappointed with Sonic's moveset. All he should is spin dashes, and he has the homing attack.
He still could've had that Sonic Burst thing from Sonic Rush(when you hit the Y button) and the kick from Rush as well(when you hit the attack button in the air)

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I mean what do you excpect?
-Homing attack
-No Pop attack
-The up B that one sucks I agree
-The B-Can't think of anything except maybe a bubble which would just be cheap

Oh and about Knuckles not having a cheap recovery....
-It would really sort of be like samus' Bomb recovery and then using her gun to grab onto the side. Just a whole lot easier to do.
-Besides They should make knuckles and Sonic both small and easy to kill
--I hate how Sonic is the size of mario, so dumb.....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
--I hate how Sonic is the size of mario, so dumb.....
. . . What other size would he be? You don't get much smaller than Mario. >_>

Even Kirby, who's supposed to be less than a foot high, is almost Mario's height.

Cless

Smash Champion
But Sonic was always the same size as Mario...

What else would you want his up b to be? Don't say Tails.

The dash thing from Rush could have worked as a dash attack. I don't remember the specific kick you're talking about, but he has kicks so whatever.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually according to official data, Sonic IS shorter then Mario. But you know how fictional sizes are not always official. Specifically Smash Bros. (Makes a nod to Bowser in Melee)

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace

Should? Well, that's your opinion. But I feel it necessary to remind people that Sonic's speed is good for more than just moving from one place to another very quickly.

Just one example I like to trot out every now and then is pressure differences. When a body of solid mass moves in excess of Mach 1, the speed of sound, it creates a vacuum in the air. This difference in air pressure can be, depending on the speed, mass and surface area of the object in question, powerful enough to knock over buildings. For example, just being near an airplane as it breaks the sound barrier is certain death. Another example would be the shockwave produced by most explosives, which are a bigger hazard than the shrapnel and the fire combined. Both of these are differences in air pressure, pressure differences, caused by something moving very, very fast. (In the bomb's case, it would be particles of the explosive charge moving away from each other extremely quickly.)

Sonic can move well in excess of the speed of sound. He's already used pressure differences extensively, as projectile shockwaves, to create tornadoes, to increase his momentum in midair, and more. Food for thought.

And that's not even touching on his acrobatic abilities, his razor-sharp quills, molecular vibration, melee combat, and a whole bunch of other ****. So yeah, he's got a lot of moveset potential.

Not that I'm particularly displeased with the moveset. A nicer forward smash would make me a happy fanboy, though. . .

Cless

Smash Champion
The Spin Dash and any other moves where he is a ball do damage because of his quills. Sonic never even created tornadoes and such until Sonic Heroes, and that move doesn't even make that much sense in that game. I mean, they only gave Sonic the Homing Attack to compensate for his being in 3d. The Light Speed Dash is purely a transportation mechanic, though he can kill enemies with it. The Light Speed Attack is a bit too ridiculous.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would have been nice for the down b to be the Bounce Attack.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I personaly have no problems with sonic so far. But I did always think it would be great for Sonic's up-b to be Tails coming in out of no where and lifting him up through the air lol.

The only other sonic character I'd tolerate would have to be Knuckles.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see another Sega character, but it is kinda unlikely. I'm sorry that I sound like a troll, but there are more deserving 3rd party spot than Tails or Knux. I mean unless Sakurai is willing to have 4 third party characters, no other Sega character will not be in. Although they do have original movesets, could be an assist trophy, great in-depth story for Sonic, and are quite popular. =)

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I agree Ikex.

Unless there's going to be a slew of other 3rd party, I really want to see some Castlevania in there, and MegaMan as well before I see another Sonic relative.

Cless

Smash Champion
Snake gets to have Grey Fox and Sonic can't have Tails? What's this nonsense?

No one here thinks that any other Sonic character is going to be playable. We're just talking in what ifs since we have nothing better to do.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Snake gets to have Grey Fox and Sonic can't have Tails? What's this nonsense?

No one here thinks that any other Sonic character is going to be playable. We're just talking in what ifs since we have nothing better to do.
Tails can be an AT. Really i could see Knux,Tails, and other Sega characters being an AT most likely. Maybe even being a trophy or a sticker. But them being playable, NO.

finalark

SNORLAX
what Cless said. I think we already established a while back that if any more Sonic characters were in Brawl they are going to (probably) be Assist Trophies.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
He could have a captain faLcon like up B
only instead of grabbing onto people and getting a second up B
-He hits them and pops up again,

It is a lot more signiture, especially for bosses

Also Tails isn't that bad of an Idea, It would so nice to see the two of them working as a team like the old days

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
He could have a captain faLcon like up B
only instead of grabbing onto people and getting a second up B
-He hits them and pops up again,

It is a lot more signiture, especially for bosses

Also Tails isn't that bad of an Idea, It would so nice to see the two of them working as a team like the old days
Thats the main reason I wish to see Tails in Brawl. Sonic and Tails VS Mario and Luigi would be epic. Isn't going to happen though, But yeah, He's going to be an Action Trophy, as is Knuckles most probally.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Sonic/Tails Vs. Mario/Luigi would be epic, if it werent for the fact that Luigi is a clone and Sonic could probably take both of them alone XD. Kuckles is a clooer character than Tails but Tails has a better chance at AT because he has more possibilities with the fact that he could appear alone, with the Tornado, witht he Cylcone, its insane what they can do with Tails.

Demonplant

Smash Cadet
nah, theres not going to be any other sonic guys. I would LOVE for waluigi to be in brawl though. I think it would be nice having aa skinny all around guy

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
all he does is laugh and make his Ls upside down. He was an obvious filling character in the Mario series who took no effort to make. Hey. we made an evil Mario (Wario), i bet everybody would go crazy for an evil Luigi... no. Let's stay with Sonic characters, who tend to be developed (except Big, in whom the person responcible for the idea of him should really rethink their life.) definately agree with Demoncannon...

Cless

Smash Champion
Eh, if it's purely assist trophy, I think Amy would be in before Shadow. It'd be like Sonic and his crew. I dunno, it's just my gut feeling. I'm probably wrong.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i know but it was actually so realistic is was insane.... sonic, amy AND big were in the sky world, mario, luigi and krystal were in the forest at the bottom of the screen and wario, metaknight and ike were by the castle at the bottom of the mountain...

It was a dream so it doesnt mean its real!

Top Bottom