• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Also even though Tails is my favorite character his voice sucked terribly, William Corkery made him sound like a 4 years old.
Anyway the true problems lies in the freaking script, it sucked so bad everyone was out of character.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Also even though Tails is my favorite character his voice sucked terribly, William Corkery made him sound like a 4 years old.
Anyway the true problems lies in the freaking script, it sucked so bad everyone was out of character.
Yeah, Tails needs a better voice actor, his voice is getting worse and worse. I dont think SEGA cares much for the plot, most of the time, it can become quite random. I mean, Big the Cat? Surely they can come up with something better...

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think SEGA's RUnning out of ideas.....
Hopefully they will look to fans for advice

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I honestly think SEGA's RUnning out of ideas.....
Hopefully they will look to fans for advice
Yet I don't want them suggesting Dimensional Gate-opening hedgehogs and whatnot...

Stick to the limits. Don't turn Sonic into another DBZ, it's the cliché of the lifetime (as much as I love DBZ)

We already have Naruto to thank for the DBZish ripoff.

A story NOT revolving around them HAVING to reach their super forms would be nice... Heck, going Super in mid-game was even more fun than feeling obligated to get all the emeralds and unlock the final stage.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
The games havn't been too great either, Sonic the Hedgehog was a complete failure, it was okay, but the glitches and loading times made it unbearable. Fortunetly, the games released on Nintendo consoles have been good. Advance was good and Rush is the best Sonic game apart from the Genesis. Secret Rings is probally the only 3D game that has attually been good. All the others are either average or below average. The plot isnt the only thing that is slipping. Hopefully SEGA will co-operate with Nintendo more, His inclusion in Brawl and Olympics may lead to that.

SEGA needs to put more effort in their games, they all seem to be rushed.

Maybe its best we get back on topic, they will all be Action Trophies, when it comes down to it, none of them have much chance to be playable, if any.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
the Chaotix will be an AT at best, also that would be a good for them, but also like a triple attack so chamy stings them, then vector sings and finally espio goes ninja on everyone

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the Sonic Adventure and SA2 being the best by far. I've been waiting for them to make a game as good as Adventure 2 for a while and they continues to make the games worse. Sega was better when they put Sonic on their own systems.

Chaotix as an AT? Vector could launch Charmy from his mouth like in Heros and then after hitting an opponent(if it does), Espio can appear behind them with his little invisible trick and hit them back and throw some shirkens at them to inflict more damage. In all honesty I think Espio would be great on his own as an AT.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
That game's control is way too wonky. Adventure and Adventure 2 are the best 3d games by far.
Ah, yes, they were, especially SA2, unfortunetly, the games are not as good anymore. Secret rings is the only recent 3D game that is above average.

Its not a great game, but its better than the other recent games.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ah, yes, they were, especially SA2, unfortunetly, the games are not as good anymore. Secret rings is the only recent 3D game that is above average.

Its not a great game, but its better than the other recent games.
Since when do games get worse with age?

Also, Big's first emblem missions weren't that bad, and it was all worth it to fight Perfect Chaos.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Since when do games get worse with age?

Also, Big's first emblem missions weren't that bad, and it was all worth it to fight Perfect Chaos.
The Genesis games were good and so were adventures one and two. I meant that the recent games haven't been good whilst those ones have. Aside from Rush, there hasn't been any decent games in a while.

In my opinion, SA2 was slightly better than SA1, but only by a bit.

They should really bring the Chao aspect back.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Dreamcast was a bad console (never had it) but it was a prototype of the xbox really, i mean the controller was huge. SA2B was better, it was more defined.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Dreamcast was a bad console (never had it) but it was a prototype of the xbox really, i mean the controller was huge. SA2B was better, it was more defined.
It was the same game really, just improved a bit. The main improvments were the chao and multiplayer options.

The Dreamcast was a good console. It had some good games, Powerstone was great as were the Sonic Adventures.

The console didn't last long though, mainly due to more popularity of the other consoles at the time. SEGA were finished.....

Cless

Smash Champion
The Dreamcast was not a bad console. It was revolutionary and had a fair share of good games, but people thought it was going to fail so companies didn't make a lot of software for it, and because of that it failed. The Saturn and most things after the Genesis were pretty bad though. Sega made too much hardware, and people had lost faith by the time Dreamcast came around. Remember though, that the Dreamcast came out in 99.

SA2B was better for the sole reason of having more content. The Dreamcast version controlled better.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
It was better than the Playstation, I dont see why Sega didn't continue with it, Dispite their problems.

It was ahead of its time. Awesome graphics.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but remember the millennium was the next year, people wanted console from the 21 Century, that is why the PS2, xbox and Gamecube did so well, they all made after on the the year 2000. I never really played a Dreamcast, but i think Microsoft stole the Dreamcast idea and made the X box from it... anyways back to characters...

Top 5 choices in order of request
1~ Knuckles
2~ Tails
3~ Shadow
4~ Amy
5~ Espio

Evil-Knuckles

Smash Rookie
I think the best sonic character besides sonic to put in Brawl (even though there won't be one) is Knuckles. Think about it. One of the new features in Brawl is gliding and Knuckles can glide. He is also very strong and can be used as a heavyweight character. His attacks would be simple, barrage of punches. His final smash could have something to do with the master emerald and chaos control. Assist trophies i'd like to see are Eggman doing something in his flyer, Amy, hits people with her hammer, and tails in the tornado.
Knuckles would be such a cool character I agree since he can glide and is all about fighting but there is next to 0% chance there will be another 3rd party character from sonic :( but if he were an AT He would get all ticked off and go around beating the snot out of everyone :chuckle:

p.s. knuckles is the best!

Evil-Knuckles

Smash Rookie
Sonic adventure 1 and 2

I loved sonic adventure 1 and 2 it was just so much fun to run through the levels at fast speeds while doing cool tricks and destroying enemies! I got all emblems for SA1 and all A's for Sonic and Shadow. I didn't like collecting the emeralds or being in the machine, thats just not sonic style, I like the speed and I wish all of the characters could run through the level like in the old games or the ones on the game boy advanced. It would be cool if in the 3-D games certain characters (like knuckles who could punch through a wall or something) could get to certain places and find new levels like in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I loved sonic adventure 1 and 2 it was just so much fun to run through the levels at fast speeds while doing cool tricks and destroying enemies! I got all emblems for SA1 and all A's for Sonic and Shadow. I didn't like collecting the emeralds or being in the machine, thats just not sonic style, I like the speed and I wish all of the characters could run through the level like in the old games or the ones on the game boy advanced. It would be cool if in the 3-D games certain characters (like knuckles who could punch through a wall or something) could get to certain places and find new levels like in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.
This is not the 'Sonic Adventure is Cool Thread'. Also, please use the edit feature.

My thoughts on Knuckles as a PC are as follows. He's definitely got the moves, and he's definitely got the fanbase. But He wouldn't get in without Tails being in, and three playable Sonic Characters would be ridiculous.

But hey, there's always SSB4. . .

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I could easily see Silver as an AT. He could hover around the stage for a bit throwing objects or grappling players with telekinesis. Maybe he could be a defensive AT, one that reflects projectiles back at double the force.

Shadow is almost a given. His moves are as well. Chaos Spear and Chaos Control could work perfectly in the 2D spectrum.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well Tails sucks as a fighter, the only time Tails really stood out was in the Cyclone (except the original games where flying was revolutionary for Sonic games). Tails doesnt exactly have a good move list possibility either. Knuckles would make the best 2nd character to represent the Sonic series, I would choose Shadow but everyone knows he would be a clone.

Knuckles all theway

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
no i sadly never played that. I honestly as an AT i would prefer Chaos but Knuckles is much more likely to make it.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
No offense Kyd. But Tails can still make a good fighter. Remember Sonic Battle on the GBA?
A lot of his moves used machines, though. All of his specials, for starters.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, that's how I'd like to see Tails in Brawl: with a moveset that makes use of his intelligence as much as his physical abilities. For that reason, The Tornado should be his FS.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually if you'd look a little more closely. Tails is more likely. He is the 3rd most popular Sonic character behind Sonic & Shadow. Not to mention Sakauri loves retro, which helps him against Shadow. Knuckles is the 4th most popular, just a little short behind the 2 tailed fox. Heck, Tails was part of that controversial joke issue in the EGM magazine about the Sonic Melee rumor. Thee would be no doubt in my mind who would be the 2nd rep of the Sonic series if Sakauri chose to do so. And that would be Tails. (But of course this is unlikely, but I can expect him in SSB4 :ohwell:)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
If Tails was in Brawl I would be so freaking happy, both of my favorite characters would star in one of the best game ever made.
Man if there's ever a sequel Tails is a definitively a must, its sad Tails best chances in this game lies in being an AT so much wasted potential.

Cless

Smash Champion
but remember the millennium was the next year, people wanted console from the 21 Century, that is why the PS2, xbox and Gamecube did so well, they all made after on the the year 2000.
That doesn't make any sense. I told you why the system failed. If Sega hadn't made 40 systems in between the Sega and the Genesis, we might not have the current gaming market we do now. I was so disappointed when Sega dropped out of hardware.

I don't think that the Xbox and the Gamecube were great systems. Most things on the Xbox that weren't made by Bungie, Team Ninja, or a port weren't good or didn't live up to its potential, and anything on the Gamecube that wasn't a port or made by Nintendo wasn't that good.

Anyways, I don't even like all the other characters as much as Sonic. Knuckles is a distant second. I don't really care who gets in as an AT, or if there are ATs. My money is on Tails and Knuckles. The only reason people like Shadow is the same reason people like Cloud and Sephiroth.

New question, were Knuckles to be a pc, would they implement his climbing mechanic, and if so, how would they make it so that he didn't have the best recovery ever?

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Hm... I just thought of something.

Sonic is to Fox (Hero) as Knuckles is to Falco (Independent) as Peppy is to Tails (Tech help) as Slippy is to Amy (Annoying) as Shadow is to Wolf (Rival).

Which Star Fox character did we get? Falco. So Knuckles is probably more likely.
you know i just realized that Sonic is like Star Fox

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Hm... I just thought of something.

Sonic is to Fox (Hero) as Knuckles is to Falco (Independent) as Peppy is to Tails (Tech help) as Slippy is to Amy (Annoying) as Shadow is to Wolf (Rival).

Which Star Fox character did we get? Falco. So Knuckles is probably more likely.
What is going for Tails right now is that he is considered 2nd/3rd popular in the series and is Sonic's partner/sidekick.

Nor was Peppy ever playable, story wise. Although he was in assault, however that was multiplayer.

And some of those comparisons aren't that good. >_>

Top Bottom