• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I'll ignore that noob called Nightcloud because he isn't worth my time, but your quite wrong Meta_Sonic64
your relying to much on the smashboards for opinions.
Go to Sonicstadium a full fledged Sonic site and you'll see the Sonic community want more Tails then Knuckles.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
We don't know this just yet. It seems as if all the clones from Melee have just vanished with little or no clues as if they'll return. Most people want Knuckles, if you want Tails to be there to assist then make him an AT

Read my comments above. Ness has been in the 64 and Melee, look at him now. This is Brawl, a completely new game where anything is bound to happen
Luigi was slipped out by someone if I remember and Luigi isn't completely a clone as it is.
His moveset can be replaced. Dispite that, why do you think he might not be included?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Tails can assist Sonic perfectly as an AT, if you want him playable to assist Sonic then you'd have to makes Sonic and Tails into an IC package, unlike Knuckles who can stand out as a character.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Tails can assist Sonic perfectly as an AT, if you want him playable to assist Sonic then you'd have to makes Sonic and Tails into an IC package, unlike Knuckles who can stand out as a character.
I love how biased you are, Tails can stand as a character as much as anyone else.
But since your so blind, you can't seem to accept that.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I love how biased you are, Tails can stand as a character as much as anyone else.
But since your so blind, you can't seem to accept that.
I love how you can't accept the fact that my opinion is different from others. I can see just fine thank you. Tails should be there to assist? Why not assist as an assist trophy.
You are wrong. Tails doesn't need Sonic and can fend for himself.
Knuckles could do much better in my mind and if they did decide to make them partners like the IC, could they do that with Knux? No.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Read my comments above. Ness has been in the 64 and Melee, look at him now. This is Brawl, a completely new game where anything is bound to happen
Luigi isn't in danger of being replaced, though. Ness and Lucas have never been in a smash game together before, but Mario and Luigi have, twice.

Tails could work either way. He has enough stuff to be a PC, but an AT would also work.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I love how you can't accept the fact that my opinion is different from others. I can see just fine thank you. Tails should be there to assist? Why not assist as an assist trophy.
Because its a waste, Tails deserve to be playable simple.

Knuckles could do much better in my mind and if they did decide to make them partners like the IC, could they do that with Knux? No.
First IC have similar moves, Tails is too different.
Also Sonic Advance 3 would want to have a word with you concerning Knuckles.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice

Your opinions are not facts. Sure, Knuckles can easily be included as you say, but Tails is a more important character and in my opinion, Tails would have a much more unique moveset then Knuckles. Just because Knuckles is a more obvious fighter, it doesn't effect anything.
If anything, Knuckles would have a much more predictable moveset, and wouldn't be unique.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Tails is closer to Sonic, that doesn't mean he is a more important character. Tails has been around 1 game longer, woohoo. Knuckles guards the Master Emerald, remember.

And a lot of games have Tails in a robo, that might be his natural state, you know? And in that state, AT is much more likely.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Your opinions are not facts. Sure, Knuckles can easily be included as you say, but Tails is a more important character and in my opinion, Tails would have a much more unique moveset then Knuckles. Just because Knuckles is a more obvious fighter, it doesn't effect anything.
If anything, Knuckles would have a much more predictable moveset, and wouldn't be unique.
Anyone in this game could have a unique moveset and Tails moveset could be almost as predictable as Knuckles. Everyone knows that all Tails really has going for him are his tails and machinery. Knuckles deserves to be a PC just as well as Tails does. I still want ESPIO!!!

Tails is closer to Sonic, that doesn't mean he is a more important character. Tails has been around 1 game longer, woohoo. Knuckles guards the Master Emerald, remember.

And a lot of games have Tails in a robo, that might be his natural state, you know? And in that state, AT is much more likely.
Agreed

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Tails has been in many more games then Knuckles, thats 1 year of difference.
You obviously didn't count all the spin-offs that were released after Sonic 2, some of them were good.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion

Yeah only in Sonic Adventure 2 crap thats alot of games!

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Tails is closer to Sonic, that doesn't mean he is a more important character. Knuckles guards the Master Emerald, remember.
What I meant, is that Tails would fit more better if he was included, As I stated earlier, you wouldn't have a rival instead of a sidekick, such as the Luigi and Wario thing.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yeah only in Sonic Adventure 2 crap thats alot of games!
Knuckles job since he was born has been to protect the Master Emerald. Maybe he's shown doing that in 1 game, but he lives on Angel Island and it's his duty to guard the thing.
What I meant, is that Tails would fit more better if he was included, As I stated earlier, you wouldn't have a rival instead of a sidekick, such as the Luigi and Wario thing.
Sonic and Mario are 2 different series. If we were to imply this equation with this, we'd have to with all the other series.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles job since he was born has been to protect the Master Emerald. Maybe he's shown doing that in 1 game, but he lives on Angel Island and it's his duty to guard the thing.
Well, he's not doing the job well then. Considering we only see him do that in one game...

"Sonic and Mario are 2 different series. If we were to imply this equation with this, we'd have to with all the other series."

It has been done with all the other series. Its just that the rival/villian tends to get in aswell as the sidekick. I doubt the Sonic series will get three reps.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It has been done with all the other series. Its just that the rival/villian tends to get in aswell as the sidekick. I doubt the Sonic series will get three reps.
This has not been down will all the other series(where is Ike's sidekick, hmm? Kirby's?). And yes Knuckles is doing his job. He's mainly not on the island protecting the ME, b/c he's elsewhere fighting Eggman or trying to help.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
This has not been down will all the other series(where is Ike's sidekick, hmm? Kirby's?). And yes Knuckles is doing his job. He's mainly not on the island protecting the ME, b/c he's elsewhere fighting Eggman or trying to help.
Not all the series has that formula because they dont have sidekicks/rivals.

Kirby does not have a sidekick, or not one worth mentioning. As for Ike, He doesn't have one, aside from Soren or Titania, who are generic and are still hardly important. You could say Micaiah, but not really.

And anyway, not all the characters have been shown. Use your common sense.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I am using common sense. Some series do have sidekicks but that doesn't make them a shoe-in to be in the game as a PC. Just look at Peach and Toad for example.

I am using common sense. Some series do have sidekicks but that doesn't make them a shoe-in to be in the game as a PC. Just look at Peach and Toad for example.
Peach as the pitiful princess you rescue and toad as the guy to tell you the princess is in another castle... nope neither one is a sidekick.
Tails or Knuckles would WORK and both would be awesome in brawl, but when you look at it for an unbiased point of view Tails would be the first one to get in. And if Tails didn't get in, neither would Knuckles. Knuckles would have to go through Tails first, honestly.
Sorry kids.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Peach as the pitiful princess you rescue and toad as the guy to tell you the princess is in another castle... nope neither one is a sidekick.
Tails or Knuckles would WORK and both would be awesome in brawl, but when you look at it for an unbiased point of view Tails would be the first one to get in. And if Tails didn't get in, neither would Knuckles. Knuckles would have to go through Tails first, honestly.
Sorry kids.
Since Shadow is so popular(more than Tails) wouldn't he make it in though. There really is no priority in Smash. It's completely up to whoever is in charge of making the game. If he decided to make Tails an AT and Knuckles a PC so be it.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Toad is too insignificant. And the formula only goes to the main character of the series. Toad is part of her moveset, and was in Melee, its like saying Popo and Nana should be seperate characters, but no; they shouldn't and never will be.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
They are called ICs for a reason. And as you said Kirby does have some sidekick that isn't worth mentioning, but it's a sidekick nonetheless.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Really the thing is Tails would have the advantage over Knuckles is that he has remained a very popular character despite his current... voice arrangements. But I'm beggining why the heck we are talking about it, the chances are Sonic will be the only playable from his series. It's weird when people in the Sonic fandom here about Sonic's chances. We unite to support him, but when a 2nd rep is talked about. All the different support groups turn against eachother to support their beloved character besides Sonic.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Really the thing is Tails would have the advantage over Knuckles is that he has remained a very popular character despite his current... voice arrangements. But I'm beggining why the heck we are talking about it, the chances are Sonic will be the only playable from his series. It's weird when people in the Sonic fandom here about Sonic's chances. We unite to support him, but when a 2nd rep is talked about. All the different support groups turn against eachother to support their beloved character besides Sonic.
Yes, Sonic will most likely be the only character from his series, however, im trying to point out that if there is a second character, (and hopefully there will be) Tails will be the second rep.

I could be wrong though, nothing is certain.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah if there just HAS to be one. It's Tails. No knuckles, no amy, no shadow, no ****ing big. IT WOULD BE TAILS. He was part of the Melee rumor on the EGM magazine joke.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
They are not of any importance though. I dont know why Meta Sonic64 tried to involve them in this...
B/c of the fact that you claim that they've applied to sidekick formula to all the series. It's clear that they didn't with every series.
Yeah if there just HAS to be one. It's Tails. No knuckles, no amy, no shadow, no ****ing big. IT WOULD BE TAILS. He was part of the Melee rumor on the EGM magazine joke.
The joke includes Sonic&Tails as if they'd be partnered like the IC, not separate characters.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
no noone is, however the echidna has been way over due has been a long over due major role, SA, SA2B, Sonic Rivals & 2 were the only modern game where knuckles got his own major role (Sonic riders don't count). Tails yes was the second sonic good guy in the games, but no offense he is a brains, Knuckles is the muscle and also go back to Sonic Riders 1 a quote from Knuckles referring about Tails,

"I know and tinkering is all he's really good at to"

Hinting something out there Knuckles is.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
B/c of the fact that you claim that they've applied to sidekick formula to all the series. It's clear that they didn't with every series.

The joke includes Sonic&Tails as if they'd be partnered like the IC, not separate characters.
Do I have to repeat myself? They are too insignificant to be called "Sidekicks". If anything, they are just too minor to be called that.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well forgive me, I haven't really done much Smashing in a while(3 years atleast) and forgot about some details of the hoax. I still stick with Knux or Espio

Top Bottom