• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

finalark

SNORLAX
Wha...? Sonic dies at the end? Thanks for the spoilers.

Just kidding, I wasn't even playing on getting it anyway I don't even own an Xbox 360

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
He said he doesn't know The chaotix, beats me he type like an idiot and probably as no knowledge of the classic games.
Omg shadow as guns and he's black!11!!
I'd say he has played NO Sonic game other than Shadow T.H.

Since Tails in the New-Gen has ALWAYS been fighting by himself. Except that ONE easter egg in Sonic Advance (made for nostalgia purposes) and Sonic Advance 3 where you can CHOOSE if Tails should follow Sonic, or the other way around.

Tails followed Sonic in what... 2(/3) games? That's like saying Knuckles has always been a bad guy because of Sonic 3 and Sonic Triple Trouble. =/

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Wha...? Sonic dies at the end? Thanks for the spoilers.

Just kidding, I wasn't even playing on getting it anyway I don't even own an Xbox 360
Well here's the final scene if you have time to spare, Sega really love to make Knuckles look like a moron though.
Seriously they made Knuckles care more for Sonic death then Tails did and made Knuckles go to the wrong way in search of the Chaos Emeralds.
Could Knuckles truly be the Luigi of the Sonic series? lol

Part 1:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXMNvTIOxSs&feature=related

Part 2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=csFmbPfr_PI&feature=related

finalark

SNORLAX
All I can say is...

1: Silver sounds a lot different then I thought he would.

2: Why isn't Tails going insane?

3: ...um, that Princess has problems.

Good graphics, good music, decent story, bad dialog.

And yes, Knuckles is the Luigi of the Sonic series.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm so confused. I'd actually get this if the 5 mins I played it at Gamestop didn't make me recoil in horror.

Anyway, Silver is dumb, and Eggman looked badass in that cutscene.

finalark

SNORLAX
No, Silver just sounds really young, that's all.

I had expected Silver to have a deep voice and sound like Shadow somewhat, that's all.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Why I would want Tails:

Most prominent character other than Sonic and Eggman (Who wouldn't work too well)
Original moveset, unique weight type, would have multiple jumps

Why I would want Shadow:

Anti-hero status is more lacking in Brawl's current line-up
Cooler than Tails, Knuckles and Sonic combined

Why I would want Knuckles:

Has marks in both prominence and coolness, intermediary between Tails and Shadow
Has glide ability and is naturally a fighter, he's been involved in fist fights with Sonic since his introduction in Sonic 3

Any of them would be good choices.

Silver? He's only been in one game, and he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system, so he has zero chances.

finalark

SNORLAX
Why I would want Tails:

Most prominent character other than Sonic and Eggman (Who wouldn't work too well)
Original moveset, unique weight type, would have multiple jumps

Why I would want Shadow:

Anti-hero status is more lacking in Brawl's current line-up
Cooler than Tails, Knuckles and Sonic combined

Why I would want Knuckles:

Has marks in both prominence and coolness, intermediary between Tails and Shadow
Has glide ability and is naturally a fighter, he's been involved in fist fights with Sonic since his introduction in Sonic 3

Any of them would be good choices.

Silver? He's only been in one game, and he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system, so he has zero chances.
Well, that sums up what I think of the matter.

finalark

SNORLAX
Assist Trophy: Tails

When you fall from the stage, this helpful little fox will grab you and bring you right back up.

Assist Trophy: Shadow

Shadow appears, then floats around the stage and uses Chaos Sphere on a random player. Obviously not the one that summoned him.

Assist Trophy: Knuckles

He run across the screen punching anyone in his path.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's Chaos Spear, and those people suck. I eat that stage for breakfast.

Japanese voices are pretty good though. I hope they include a Japanese option now. At least voices anyway.

edit: Oh man, I just finished watching that. Those players know that you can use the Light Speed Dash right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wasn't Chaos Spear used ONLY in SA2B?

You know.. the more the time passess.. the less I want to see Shadow playable... I mean, even Amy Rose would be asesome with her hammer, and her hammer whirlwind techniques...

Hey, since this thread is about more Sonic characters.... I might as well make an Amy moveset. :p And we all know what her role in the SSE would be, right? ;)

A: Boxercise punches (1, 2, uppercut)
Tilt A: Hammer down (neutral hammer attack from Sonic Advance)
Down A: Hammer swipe (Ice Climbers like, except longer range)
Up A: Hammer Swing (overhead hammer swing)
Dash A: Butt attack (Sonic Battle's Dash Attack)

Smasah FWD: Mega Hammer (Sonic Advance 3)
Smash DWN: Hammer Spin (Sonic Battle)
Smash UP: Hammer Upper (Sonic Battle)

B: Present Bomb (Sonic Battle)
B Up: Hammer whirlwind rising (Sonic Battle)
B Tilt: Hammer Whirlwind (Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes)
B Down: Hammer sommersalut (Sonic Advance) ((hits the ground and gains height))

Aerials:
Neutral: Air Spin attack
Forward: Hammer swing downwards (meteor smash)
Down: "Hammersault"
Back: Multiple kicking
Up: Mallet rising (similar to Ice Climbers')

Final Smash: Girl's rage:

Eyes blazing, Amy takes out a HUGE mallet and beats the ground multiple times, sending giant firey shockwaves all over the field. Can only be avoided through double jumping and more.

Alt Colors:

-Red dress
-Blue dress
-Green dress
-Purple dress (white fur) ((Blaze recolor))
-Black dress
-White dress

Taunts: "Come on", "For Sonic", Losers"

Victory taunts: "I'm gonna marry Sonic" -- "You guys are sucha losers"

Theme Song: Team Rose (Sonic Heroes) // Amy's theme song (Sonic Adventure)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Wasn't Chaos Spear used ONLY in SA2B?

You know.. the more the time passess.. the less I want to see Shadow playable... I mean, even Amy Rose would be asesome with her hammer, and her hammer whirlwind techniques...

Hey, since this thread is about more Sonic characters.... I might as well make an Amy moveset. :p And we all know what her role in the SSE would be, right? ;)

A: Boxercise punches (1, 2, uppercut)
Tilt A: Hammer down (neutral hammer attack from Sonic Advance)
Down A: Hammer swipe (Ice Climbers like, except longer range)
Up A: Hammer Swing (overhead hammer swing)
Dash A: Butt attack (Sonic Battle's Dash Attack)

Smasah FWD: Mega Hammer (Sonic Advance 3)
Smash DWN: Hammer Spin (Sonic Battle)
Smash UP: Hammer Upper (Sonic Battle)

B: Present Bomb (Sonic Battle)
B Up: Hammer whirlwind rising (Sonic Battle)
B Tilt: Hammer Whirlwind (Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes)
B Down: Hammer sommersalut (Sonic Advance) ((hits the ground and gains height))

Aerials:
Neutral: Air Spin attack
Forward: Hammer swing downwards (meteor smash)
Down: "Hammersault"
Back: Multiple kicking
Up: Mallet rising (similar to Ice Climbers')

Final Smash: Girl's rage:

Eyes blazing, Amy takes out a HUGE mallet and beats the ground multiple times, sending giant firey shockwaves all over the field. Can only be avoided through double jumping and more.

Alt Colors:

-Red dress
-Blue dress
-Green dress
-Purple dress (white fur) ((Blaze recolor))
-Black dress
-White dress

Taunts: "Come on", "For Sonic", Losers"

Victory taunts: "I'm gonna marry Sonic" -- "You guys are sucha losers"

Theme Song: Team Rose (Sonic Heroes) // Amy's theme song (Sonic Adventure)
Good moveset, but I kinda dislike the character.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Silver was in SatSR? Oh. Well he wasn't a main character, was he? I never beat it.

And the first time I heard Chaos Spear, I thought he was saying "Disappear!"
Silver was a secret multiplayer character with no impact on the story, only Tails and Knuckles were in story.
Shadow use Chaos Spear in Sonic Adventure 2 but he doesn't say the attack name, he does say dissapear by the way.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i like shadow because when it comes down to it he's a badass who's immortal and can beat the crap out of anybody. simple as that. who cares about his lame game that came out. just as the shadow the hedgehog game wasn't very good, niether was the sonic the hedgehog game that came out last year. ever since SA2 he's been my fav character in the series.

finalark

SNORLAX
i like shadow because when it comes down to it he's a badass who's immortal and can beat the crap out of anybody. simple as that. who cares about his lame game that came out. just as the shadow the hedgehog game wasn't very good, niether was the sonic the hedgehog game that came out last year. ever since SA2 he's been my fav character in the series.
What he just said.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Shadow isn't immortal he's ageless thats a huge difference.
no, he IS immortal.

actually he's "Ageless AND immortal"

i just said immortal because they go hand in hand anyway.

he is immortal, just check the sonic central characters page of the official sega website.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
no, he IS immortal.

he is immortal, just check the sonic central characters page of the official sega website.
No he isn't he can die thus he's mortal, also Sonic central is pure crap that site hasn't been updated since it was opened.
The Japanese official website is much better and doesn't state anything about Shadow being immortal for that matter its just says he's ageless.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
no, he IS immortal.

This is exactly what I hate about post SA2 Shadow. A character that can't die is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Where's the tension? Where's the unknown? Besides, there's absolutely no reason for him to be 'immortal'. Cold sleep stops the aging process, so it's not like we need to dodge a plot hole. (Or at least, we wouldn't if SEGA had just let him stay dead like a good little martyr.) Shadow would be about a million times cooler if he was actually tempting death whenever he fought, as opposed to just walking in with a forgone conclusion.

Sigh. . .the only thing an 'immortal' character is good for is presenting an interesting obstacle for the main character. Or as some kind of deus ex machina, but Shadow's had way too much storyline for that.

That's why I like Sonic so much better. He doesn't die either. Not because of some static, non-dynamic immortality bull****. Because he's got the skills and the speed to deal with anything life has to throw at him. So much more interesting. That, and the fact that he could kick eight different metaphors for **** out of Shadow any day of the week.

Awesome > Immortality.
[rant]

edit
No he isn't he can die thus he's mortal, also Sonic central is pure crap that site hasn't been updated since it was opened.
The Japanese official website is much better and doesn't state anything about Shadow being immortal for that matter its just says he's ageless.
Is it? That's good to know, probably something we can blame on Sega of America and their love of Sonic X.

And that's a good point: If Shadow can't die, why are there checkpoints in his game?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
like i said, i think the whole ageless and immortal thing kind of go together. what with all the varying plotlines that was the idea anyway.

like i said earlier, i like shadow because he's a badass, he's just a cool character i think. i feel like the whole storyline in his game a few years ago was pointless, just like the storylines have been in all recent sonic games as of late. i'm big when it comes to story, and it's somewhat dissapointing that the sonic series is having trouble with delivering them. maybe they should just simplify the plotlines more like mario games.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
well that's getting a little too technical i think.

and obviously for the sake of it being a game there are checkpoints in case you die in the game. i think that's when they messed themselves up storywise because you can't play a game as a character that can't die without losing any challenge at all. the shadow game really messed up what was already in the sonic plotline.

when it comes down to it i think sega just needs to figure out what they wanna do with their characters. it's like they come up with an idea and don't stick with it, or just change it without explanation.

and dragonbreath, i see in your opinion you don't like the idea of something being immortal- it becomes uninteresting.

Well i really like the idea of immortality. i think having a character that just won't die is really cool, even if its something that's not explained. look at the terminator in the movie, or nemesis from resident evil 3. i know they died eventually, but it's just badass how they just keep coming back. I like the onslaught they bring when they just keep going without getting put down for the count. that was something i thought was cool about shadow when they first introduced him in SA2, and that's why i liked the concept of him being immortal.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
well that's getting a little too technical i think.

and obviously for the sake of it being a game there are checkpoints in case you die in the game. i think that's when they messed themselves up storywise because you can't play a game as a character that can't die without losing any challenge at all. the shadow game really messed up what was already in the sonic plotline.

when it comes down to it i think sega just needs to figure out what they wanna do with their characters. it's like they come up with an idea and don't stick with it, or just change it without explanation
Well, at least we have something we can agree on.

Top Bottom