• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSPLAY - Birmingham,England - 26th April '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee-my

Smash Rookie
http://theospl.com/osplay/

The OSPL are proud to present the first of what will be many one day tournaments taking place in the Omega Sektor centre in Birmingham under the name of OSPL-AY. On the 26th of April we will be hosting one of the largest fighting game tournaments in the UK with cash prizes to be won in the following games:

Street Fighter 2 - Championship Edition
Street Fighter 3 - Third Strike
Tekken 5 – Dark Resurrection
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Dead or Alive 4

Using an accumulator system to ensure the tournaments with the most interest receive the highest prizes, fifty percent of all tickets purchased will go towards boosting the prize pots to ensure that the victors are all suitably rewarded. All prize pots will start at fifty pounds and the winner will take all regardless of how much it increases to, although other spot prizes will be awarded throughout the tournament.

Taking place over one full day and featuring live shoutcasted matches courtesy of Richard “Dr. Gonzo” Lewis it should prove to be a great event and will show the OSPL’s dedication to rewarding the best gamers the UK has to offer.

Tickets are now on sale for £5 which includes a full day pass at the Omega Sektor, plus £5 per tournament entered and can be reserved by calling the following number: 01212008383 or sign up at www.theospl.com/osplay for

craiigg

Smash Lord
haha yeah this sounds awesome, im predicting no experience in hosting a smash tourny though :/

EDIT: wow, just checked the site, they seem knowledgable O_____O should be making this then =)

Aiko

Smash Champion
most likely yes, although most of the players here have already accepted it.

If you're interested in ALT, heres the info: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141345

I would highly reccomend it as it is most likely the last melee tournament, and its good to get to know the community if you're interested in getting involved with brawl.

Kone

Smash Master
MrOtter ^ as aiko said, try get yourself to ALT to meet all the guys and then TKI http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158843 for the first brawl tournament. Sunderland is a bit of a trip but the other players will tell its worhtwhile ^_^. MrOtters an awesome name lol

Theres a possibility I might be at this. Kates family is down in brum and we are meant to be going down end of easter. I shall check dates with her!

Kone

Smash Master
It refers to the bracket. Basically theres a winner and loser bracket. You advance in the winners bracket until you lose a game, then you go onto the losers bracket. If you lose in losers your complately out. Hence, double elimination. The last person in winners bracket and loser bracket play each other in the grand finals

Cee-my

Smash Rookie
I'm looking at changing the rules so that it's no longer double elimination but players have to go through a group stage then into a knock-out tournament. I'll keep you guys posted if I make this change.

Kone

Smash Master
UK smash tournaments usually have pools -> top two advance (depending on pool size) -> double elimination

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Ima' coming. Be nice to meet Fuzzyness and anybody else who is coming. When I first saw this, I blatantly thought it was going to be some fcked up rules.

But its not :)

Kyuubi_x

Smash Apprentice
Ima' coming. Be nice to meet Fuzzyness and anybody else who is coming. When I first saw this, I blatantly thought it was going to be some fcked up rules.

But its not :)
;o smasher in Birmingham

Cee-my

Smash Rookie
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING OSPLAY

I've changed a few rules in game settings, but most importantly I've changed how the prize pot will be distributed. It's no longer winner takes all (Due to such a high turn-out). So the format is as follows :

1st Place 70%
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%

We hope this comes out as good news to everyone!!!!11

Adam

Cee-my

Smash Rookie
I know some people from other forums have been asking this, so I'll let you guys know this too...

1 day event!

I'm going to have Smash run first in the morning, because the matches take the longest out of all the games so this will roughly be around 11AM . All the others games will start later at 12PM for group stages and finals shortly after an hour break from the group stages.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions at all about the OSPL and OSPLay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom