• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organizing this forum

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Basically, the breakthrough many of us knew was coming has finally happened, now the secrets out and people are aware Diddy can **** MK/Snake/most characters in the game.

With that there is going to be a lot of random threads that probably have no business staying open.

So, what threads should be allowed, what should be gone, should we have "post your diddy" threads? Should we let 30 guides be stickied? What should be the general philosophy on people poking their heads in to lazy to use search and asking random questions that are answered in a billion other threads or posting things that were discovered back in March, but unknown to no one but Diddy mainers?

Count

Smash Champion
There needs to be an FAQ thread. I would be willing to help

There should also be a thread, or information added to vyses thread, that has links to a lot of the useful diddy threads.

We should maybe have one rate your diddy thread, where anybody can post and then all of us can give feedback, rather than many new diddy players making their own thread.

Good thread AZ, if you need help or want something done let me know, I browse these forums a lot but don't do much good! Anyway these are my suggestions.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The answer I seem to be giving to alot of people who post new threads in here is "Look in my Diddy Tech sticky". Because alot of the questions/threads that are being made can be answered by looking in there.

Each entry that goes into the sticky is accompanied (If possible) by the original thread.

So, if anybody has any suggestions for additions to the sticky to help curb the influx of new threads (I.E. How2GlideToss?) then that could be a solid way to stop it.

saberhof is also working on a more advanced overview of Diddy Kong Play, which given his blessing, I'd like to help contruct as well. (I'll be adding it to the mega-sticky anyhow).

EDIT:
Count's idea is a good one. Make one sticky for 'Rate my Diddy' Videos.

saberhof

Smash Master
^ yes, of course you can help me construct it...

i really want to make it something different and not just "another guide" but a psychological view on what else can be done besides what it was made for...

and the moment has arrived to really organize all of this...

and we can link to lots of these threads in one thread and then when they come in here, it doesn't have to be a load of sticky's, just a thread with important ones in it...

i think we also need to enforce the lecture of some important threads so it can solve some doubts on NEW diddy players...and if it doesn't solve them, we can have a "ask a diddy player" question thread thing...i think it can be helpful...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@saberhof & AZ: That's pretty much the goal of the sticky:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179708

One giant Diddy resource.

Just tell me what to add to it, and it shall be added. And that goes to everyone. It's only as successful as everybody can make it.

I'm thinking of re-organizing it into much more clearly defined sections.
Plus I could add the tagline "Think you've found something new? Post it here!" or something.

Neb

Smash Lord
Already have a directory, so next, you might wanna create a Q&A topic, if you haven't already.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't like the idea of one video thread. People stop checking them.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay. Tonight I'll dedicate an hour or two to re-organizing the thread. (By tonight, I mean like 3am for you guys)

I've been meaning to anyhow.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
I think we should add a solar system to save on the overhead in the long run.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think we should have one guide for diddys (fatailitie's). We only need one fact thread (Vyse, I also think that you need to add an undiscovered tech to this, so maybe people can try to find out how to do it), I'd like an OFFICIAL Diddy video thread, but this wouldn't be for 'Rate my Diddy Kong'. I don't like the idea of 1 huge diddy rate my diddy kong thread, but I'd rather have this than have 50 people asking the same thing, so unless anyone has a better idea I think we should do that.

We need to lock any topics like...

I use my side b then can't recover whats wrong?
Z0mg ub3r h4x I ascended/fast fell when I used my up b.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
P1 said:
Vyse, I also think that you need to add an undiscovered tech to this, so maybe people can try to find out how to do it
Eh?
I read that sentence 20 times and I still don't get quite what you mean.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
What we did in the Pit fourm is has a Q&A thread stickied (it does get used as long as people take the time to answer it), we have a random chat thread and a im someone just barly made, a ultimate guide (needs to be stickied if someone can do that) that has links to each AT's thread and each person's vid thread. Thats about all we needed some random threads pop up here and there ,ex. what would you do if you were an angel?, But for the most part it stays clean and organized.

IDK

Smash Lord
FAQ thread, well-chosen stickies, punishment for repeat threads (small) "Think you discovered a new technique" thread... i think one video thread is a bad idea. we can deal with that.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
How would you give a punishment for repeating threads? You mods arn't going to add ban points for a repeat thread if its back a page or 2. I agree with the rest of what you said.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Mmm, okay. I get what you mean now. Though, I don't think there's anything particularly inexplicable.

- Banana sliding on surfaces at a specific angle
- Banana edgeguard (Remember that video of the Banana sitting on the edge, and it kept its hitbox)
- Random ceiling spike on Hylian Rainbow Cruise

Also, I think the idea of a Diddy Kong General (Metagame) Discussion would be a good idea.
I think the matchups sticky thread needs to be used more, so that people don't post threads like 'How do I defeat X character?' threads

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
I mod the Diddy Forums on AllisBrawl, and I just have like a "General Discussion" thread stickied where everyone can talk about strategies, match ups, stages, etc. Then a Video Thread where everyone can post their videos, a thread with a list of all the Diddy mains that post on the forums, and a couple guides.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mmm, okay. I get what you mean now. Though, I don't think there's anything particularly inexplicable.

- Banana sliding on surfaces at a specific angle
- Banana edgeguard (Remember that video of the Banana sitting on the edge, and it kept its hitbox)
- Random ceiling spike on Hylian Rainbow Cruise

Also, I think the idea of a Diddy Kong General (Metagame) Discussion would be a good idea.
I think the matchups sticky thread needs to be used more, so that people don't post threads like 'How do I defeat X character?' threads
Hylian Cruise is too good :).

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
that stage is absolutely terrible. Somebody wall ifinited my first stock then back threw me at 7% near the edge then grabbed me on a platform and let it disappear and we die cause were not kirby or MK.

GOOD GAME

Vall3y

Smash Lord
LOL yeah why is this stage so good for diddy anyway sounds like a good , even very good counterpick against snake but wouldnt it play in favor of mk, for example?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Saberhof. It's been added to my sticky at the very least.
Hylian Cruise isn't such a great stage (for most Diddy's). It's just us playing mindgames.

I wonder if I should just start a General Discussion Thread?
That would prevent a lot of random threads.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
1. Organize the three character playing guides into one "diddy guide" with links to them.
2. Make a general diddy video thread. I want one of these! Sooooooooooo much more convenient for watching diddy vids rather than everyone having to make a new thread every time they get a set recorded.
3. Lock spam
4. I don't think diddy boards are THAT unorganized, but I guess its always good to keep it neat so go nuts?

The (L)aw

Smash Rookie
Maybe instead of having one Diddy video thread what about having two?
One for combo videos and the other for rate my Diddy videos.
I agree but i think we should have a video thread with the best diddy players and maybe even a little summary about their playstyle or something like that. then the other thread would be rate my diddy for all the new diddys like me lol

TreK

Is "that guy"
We could have an entire thread for videos instead of a dump section, with clear stuff and cool stuff like, idk, those you find in other boards. What i think of is things like :
-bests 10 vids of the month
-two parts with the same videos, one where they are listed by the character the opponent is playing, the other by the player that is playing diddy kong (and another part with guides, combo vids and stuff of course)
-a "what's new" with like the 5 newest vids to see and comment them easily

Just some random ideas, though it'd be cool imo.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
We really only need a universal sticky that's a Rate my diddy thread. I mean we have a diddy guide, Diddy videos, Matchup thread, and a Q + A thread.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
1 diddy video thread!!!! you can always organize it by different categories like TOP 10, combo vids, etc....

Multiple video threads are NOT a good idea to get organized.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
i think we need 2 crack down on diddy techniques and update that guide some of the stuff in there is looking kinda lack luster

Luigi player

Smash Master
Diddy can **** MK/Snake/most characters in the game.
I also want to know this o_O Diddy can **** Snake? How?

Of course Diddy is not that bad against Snake, but I'm sure Snake has the advantage, he is one of the toughest enemies for me... of course he's beatable, but you can **** him?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I also want to know this o_O Diddy can **** Snake? How?

Of course Diddy is not that bad against Snake, but I'm sure Snake has the advantage, he is one of the toughest enemies for me... of course he's beatable, but you can **** him?
LOL, AZ was a part of the dialogue that established the Diddy doesn't actually "****" anyone. Besides, check the date of the original post: he made this topic back in August, and of course popular opinion has shifted away from this frame of reference in the span of four months.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
Well unless know one already doing so ill handle the video page i can start asap but what do people really want in it

if no one speaks up im just gonna go a head

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea mastermind go do the video thread idea i likes it :3.

and for organizing other assortments just do it like any other character board. a thread for QnA. a thread for videos. a thread for matchups. a thread that links all the guides together. a thread of general strategy discussion. a thread of anything else. :3 im happy diddy gets this rep. but sad same time cause now people will know how to counter >_<

Top Bottom