• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Hey Yoshi bros, you guys suck. I bet you guys can't constantly beat anyone in this thread. I would be very interested in MMing all of you for $10 each, and walking away a happy man. I can't believe you noobs proclaimed yourselves as the best crew in Oregon, Gresham could probably take you guys, and countered by sheik and half asleep probably wouldn't even lose two people. Hope to see you guys at a tournament soon.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Hey Yoshi bros, you guys suck. I bet you guys can't constantly beat anyone in this thread. I would be very interested in MMing all of you for $10 each, and walking away a happy man. I can't believe you noobs proclaimed yourselves as the best crew in Oregon, Gresham could probably take you guys, and countered by sheik and half asleep probably wouldn't even lose two people. Hope to see you guys at a tournament soon.
Harsh words. /lol
Yoshi, just a little advice, this is why you don't come off so self proclaimed best players in Oregon, please don't make the same mistakes I did, when I first joined. Go to an SF:E, or a TANG, before making claims like that. That's what I've learned

Binx

Smash Master
Doc has a point, Yoshi gets ***** pretty hard by alot of higher tier characters, they have more range, more priority, easier combos, and better recoveries, coupled with the fact that most of the people in this thread are probably better players makes for some sad yoshis.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Doc Holiday, don't flame the newcomers. K? Thx.

Yoshibros, please come to SF:E (Eugene) or TANG (Portland) if you really are serious about the game. Underground tournaments or not, this is where you will find the best competition and can then determine to continue playing casual smash or take your game to the next level.

Feel free to challenge my Kirby vs. your Yoshi - money or no money.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Timmy, did you read his post? Jesus Christ... and I thought Foxisthemaster's posts were bad when he first came around. If I were to make a response to that, it would sound something quite like Doc's post.

"Underground" tournaments are so "weak" guys. ****.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I read his posts. I don't take offense to the "weak underground tournaments" comment any more than his claims that his crew is best in Oregon.

As silly as it is for a new person to show up and claim his superiority, it's just as silly for vetern smashers to flame him.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alriiight, I'm going to be in Oregon City June 8th through the 11th.

So tell me-- is anything awesome going to be going on in the Portland area during that time?

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I dont think they need to be flamed but still, it's pretty innapropriate to claim to be the best smasher in oregon and say you are going to beat us all with Yoshi no less. I am all for the theory that a well played lowtier can take down a higher tiered character but sometimes it just isn't true. Besides I can even beat a level 9 computer Yoshi, so they couldn't be all that hard. Hopefully they show up to an "underground" smash boards tournament so they can learn where they really do stand(which, judging by their combo video really isnt all that low) but definately not the best players or crew in oregon.

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
Tell your crew to come to SF:E this summer so you can actually see how you match up against us. You can see the thread in the Pacific West forum.
Yoshibros, please come to SF:E (Eugene) or TANG (Portland) if you really are serious about the game. Underground tournaments or not, this is where you will find the best competition and can then determine to continue playing casual smash or take your game to the next level.

Feel free to challenge my Kirby vs. your Yoshi - money or no money.
I couldn't find the thread you were talking about, SF:E or whatever, do you think you could link it?

t!MmY: We don't play casually, we're very serious about the game and have been playing competitively since it came out. As YoshiBro002 said, we've won numerous tournaments and have been improving our game rapidly. If I can find or if you link me the thread you are talking about I will see about clearing up time to drive to Eugene with my crew.

LOL
Hey guy, I'm from Gresham. Your mentality is definitely going to flip. Why don't you and your crew drive to Eugene and play our crew?
You're from Gresham, but want to play us in Eugene?

Sheik gets comboed very easily by Yoshi and the chain throw sheik has isn't that bad if you play on not FD levels, which I hope you guys do. Do you live in Beaverton? If you do, then I would also be interested in MMing you for $10.

Doc has a point, Yoshi gets ***** pretty hard by alot of higher tier characters, they have more range, more priority, easier combos, and better recoveries, coupled with the fact that most of the people in this thread are probably better players makes for some sad yoshis.
Maybe the Yoshis you've seen get ***** pretty hard. Don't judge us until you see us either.

Doc, did you even watch the video they made? Their Yoshis are top tier!!
I detect sarcasm, but our Yoshis are not top tier. They're simply low tier characters being played by top tier players.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Dude I can beat classic on hard difficulty (only continuing once), plus I beat ALL of the event matches.
You guys aren't even close to my level.

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
Playing computers has no effect on actual skill versus a human. lol, am I to also assume that your underground tournaments play by the in-game tournament mode and have computers as entrants?

YoshiBro002 forgot to mention that we did go to another big tournament you guys may have heard of. We went to a Kumoricon a few years ago, and got knocked out early by some guy named Dmon or something, but we're pretty confident we could beat him easily now.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I hail from Gresham. Living in Eugene for college. Perhaps we can play during the summer. I play Mewtwo and I can beat a level 9 computer about 80% of the time now. I think you'd find me a pretty good opponent !! We can money match any amount of your choosing.

am I to also assume that your underground tournaments play by the in-game tournament mode and have computers as entrants?
Why.. what else would we do? =(

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
LOL!! Well, D-Man is from Eugene and we play him a lot. He's pretty good at low-tier characters. Especially Ness. I bet he could give you a run for your money now.

By the way, my roommate says that Kumoricon is a noob tournament. He goes by the name of ~Shin_Ganondorf~.

I can beat him sometimes. It depends on if he is on the ball that day.

You guys should show up. It'd be fun to play Yoshis. There isn't a good Yoshi player in this area.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
James, why don't you have "Control Freak" under your name like Ashtten does?

Deva

Smash Lord
dude, I almost beat Very hard on Adventure mode without a continue. I can beat three level nines on a team against me on Hyrule without Friendly fire. I'm soooo good. I'm sorry Yoshi bros. You don't stand a chance. $20MM?

lol.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Dmon plays the game 24 hrs a day, 6 days a week. The 7th day he rests and goes to Smash Church. He unlocked every character and stage the day SSBM came out - before opening the box and putting it into his GCN. He has even beaten Adventure Mode without continuing.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
Hey Yoshibro, what part of Beaverton do you live in? I live right around the tanasbourne area and would be willing to play/MM you.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi: I'd be willing tp MM you as well, as you know, I too live in Beaverton.
Wow, this Yoshi guy, is TONS more cocky then when I first joined smashboards(he puts me to shame). I hope he does show up tomorrow, see if he can back his proclaims up.

DON"T CHICKEN OUT, come to Riots tourney.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well I heard DMON not only beat Adventure mode wihtout losing a stock he 4 stocked all of the best players Ken fell under his might and No one has done more than 15% of damage to him!

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Yeah well I heard DMON not only beat Adventure mode wihtout losing a stock he 4 stocked all of the best players Ken fell under his might and No one has done more than 15% of damage to him!

It's True, the only move I ever landed on him, was sheiks nautral A (once):(
Then I blinked, then my 4 stock was gone.

brdy_

Smash Lord
For every MLG event, DMON actually takes first. Everyone at MLG decided they'd give him first place and wouldn't allow him to compete for sheer lack of a challenging opponent. When they say Ken took first, they actually mean "1st runner up."

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why don't you Yoshi *******s quit being so ******** and just join the Oregon community peacefully? Good god, what is with people? If you guys weren't acting like such idiots, I'd actually be extremely appreciable to have four more good players in Oregon, let alone Yoshi players.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
I mean just think if Ken was trained by DMON!!! I mean sure he is good now but just think of the shear increase in skill he would have. These Yoshi dudes my just be so friggin good to have had the favor of DMON. I mean do you see this THE DMON!!!

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
I would probably accept that 200 if I had a job right now. Anyways. We arent trying to be non peacefull guyz ballon. We didnt mean to come off like cocky guyz. But we are just not noobies. We will soon have the respect we deserve. As for you random washington people posting, maybe we will get around to you some day. Anywayz we will try to make it this weekend, but YoshiBro003 might be busy and hez our only ride.

So, so far I have foxisthemaster, dmstudios, t!mmy, ronin, joshisrad and binx down for oregon money matchez. I will need to wait for any of you washington guyz if I even ever see you. I dont know about traveling at this poiint. Maybe if you guyz came here, but money for oregon money matchez first.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll money match you for the gas money +$10 bowser vs your yoshi best of 5 recorded

you can take a bowser right?

lol, bowser has never beaten anyone good before so no worries if you actually ARE good.

right?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Whoa, I'd take that offer if I were yoshibro.

But anyways, realistically speaking, if you accept that easy win from Gimpyfish62's money match request, then $20 dollar money match vs me? (Gimpyfish62 is good at driving, and therefore can take some of us WA smashers over to OR.

Top Bottom