• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm going to come back later when the conversation at hand is of more interest.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, it was interesting up until the goat herding part.

BTW, Digital Watches can't come to SF:E in June. Should we go for a July tournament, or proceed with the June schedule and send him a "No Johns" PM?

Ronin686

Smash Ace
My brother and I are going to be in Paris from late June to around the 6th or 7th of July.. so a late July tournament would be ideal.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Too many people going to Europe. :p
We should compromise and have Smashfest: Europe and Smashfest: Eugene this summer.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Timmy's idea sounds good :p

Also, I have pearl now, quite happy about that. And I shall be at Oregon Empire Games Tournament 2 this weekend (I know, your all saying "wait, Brandon plays smash??"... I've been hybernating for too long)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ronin has spoken. Clearly we should have it late july.

TWO LINES.
Wow, carrying on the same joke for over 4 months? I'm ****in impressed.

t0mmy stole Rage's hair. I saw it with my own eyes. 0_0

But this hair contest is moot since bald is "in".

Well James isn't quite for sure victorious yet then. He's still got a couple months before bald status kicks in.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Uncalled-for suggestions(that honestly aren't that picky): use a sans serif font. more professional. also less dark a contrast on the banner and fix the color scheme.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Aside from the annoying advertisement on the side, Yahoo!/Geocities works just fine because we won't need much bandwidth or anything for the site. What would be really nice is if someone were to be kind enough to get us a domain name, like bigcitybrawl.com, too bad nobody is that nice >:^P...

As for graphic work, I could do anything t!mmy needs, but it's impossible to get me to do anything really, so maybe he'll ask you. But he's pretty good with graphics as well, he even mostly made my sig pic. Aint it spiffy?

non-edited edit: omg go to the pokemon thread, no johnz (Shin did not make you bidoof it)

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Changed around the site a little, namely, changed the font and added a "date of the next event' image. You guys don't need to use it if you don't want, I just was bored and wanted to make a site :p. Josh2 is setting up bigcitybrawl.minornine.com right now.

http://ronin.minornine.com/bigcity

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I like how the site looks (now that the link works for me). I'm going to do a redirect to that page once I get around to it.

Binx

Smash Master
Hey all, hope to see plenty of people at empire games on saturday. Oh and I just wanted to shamelessly show off my new sig. My first attemp at a sig and I made it myself so if you think it's as awesome as I do hollar lolz.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Hey all, hope to see plenty of people at empire games on saturday. Oh and I just wanted to shamelessly show off my new sig. My first attemp at a sig and I made it myself so if you think it's as awesome as I do hollar lolz.
I am liking the sign binx lol ^,^

These past few days have been really stressful for me and it seems like every person wants to see me for some reason or another I have been going to raves hanging out with many friends and playing smash lol it's just been crazy everyone wants a piece of me lol James! Make a cloning machine......

Anyway BINX my point to this rant is that I will give you a call as soon as I am free to smash you and I can practice up I know many other tournaments coming up.

Binx

Smash Master
Its cool, not like I was sitting by the phone waiting for you to call, I went and saw a movie yesterday, Shrek 3, there were parts that were funny but Its deffinately made for video, I wouldnt pay $12 to see it in theatres if I had known it was going to be the way it was, not bad, but not as good as the first two IMO.

Binx

Smash Master
Hey rage was gonna come over today and smash with his friend but he hasnt been online, if anyone wants to come over and play I live at 827 NE 99th Ave, its just right off of 99th and Glissan, near the max stop at gateway. Gimme a call for the appartment number, my cell is 503-933-9685.

Hope I get to play today, anyways I will let people come over around 2:30 - 3 ish and it will last until around 8 - 10 depending on how everything is going.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Hey. I am new to smashboards here, but me and my crew are definately NOT noobies. I saw some videos of some oregonians and I think we could probably work most of you guys. We have been practicing hard since the game came up pretty much. We used to post over at the gamewinners forums, but stopped quite some time ago. We know all the advanced techniques also. We learned them from YoshiBro01, he met some noob when he was down in college in california that taught him some tricks. The guy totally sucked but he knew the advanced stuff, so our game has been developing ever since then. I am pretty confident we are the best players in oregon though, we have never lost a tournament either. These are REAL gamestore tournaments, and tournaments like Vgames also. Not these weak underground ones most of you seem to show up at. We really wanna try to get together and play with some people. We all play Yoshi, Low tier4lyfe nucca... If anyone wants to play sometime, we live in beaverton oregon. Hit me up on AIM: YoshiLyfe002. We are down to play4 money also.

Also check out our combo video. Its kind of long, but it showcases the mad skillz and unique stylez that each of our yoshi's have.

All About Yoshi: A Yoshi Combo Video - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104681

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Hahahahaha are you serious. That is like the WORST way to introduce yourself into these forums. But if you are ever willing to come to Gresham I will challenge you sometime. I am not even close to being the best in Oregon. Aftermath kind of taught me that a few weeks ago haha. But yeah look at it this way if you can't beat me then there is no way you are going to beat anyone.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Wow... I think you are underestimating the xtreme power of our yoshi's. I have heard about aftermath at a gamecrazy before... I hear he also isnt that good and messes up, and when he messes up, he starts getting even worse. Our yoshi's are pretty much top tier. I am not being a cocky noob or anything, just looking for some cool peeps that think they are good also to smash with.

P.S. I hear bad things about smashers from gresham. =( no offence or anything

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
The bad things you hear are probably about my crew. We kind of are flaky with attendance at tournaments and we are no where near as good as most of the players here. I am not calling you a noob or anything and I would be interested in challenging you.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm from Beaverton, maybe I know you. I was like you, in the way you just introduced yourself to SWF. I thought I was all that, I just went to the OSU tourney last week (Should have been their) placed 7th, I can assure you that these people all hard. I thought I was the best in Oregon till, I saw Aftermath's skill, and lost to OC George. We should play. I'll probaly be at the tourney this saturday.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Wow... I think you are underestimating the xtreme power of our yoshi's. I have heard about aftermath at a gamecrazy before... I hear he also isnt that good and messes up, and when he messes up, he starts getting even worse. Our yoshi's are pretty much top tier. I am not being a cocky noob or anything, just looking for some cool peeps that think they are good also to smash with.

P.S. I hear bad things about smashers from gresham. =( no offence or anything
Tell your crew to come to SF:E this summer so you can actually see how you match up against us. You can see the thread in the Pacific West forum.

Binx

Smash Master
Yoshi if you drive you can come over and I'll money match you at my appartment before 8:00 PM tonight I am gonna go play poker after that and it will have to wait until tommorow at the empire games tournament. And these "underground" tournaments have the best players in oregon at them period. Gamecrazy and temple of pong tournaments just have alot of noobs at them, sometimes there are some people who know advanced techs but usually people that are good dont go to those even to own the noobs cause it isnt fun if you show up knowing for sure you are going to win.

EDIT: LOL wow that was a quick series of responses in the time I was typing this.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I am pretty confident we are the best players in oregon though, we have never lost a tournament either. These are REAL gamestore tournaments, and tournaments like Vgames also. Not these weak underground ones most of you seem to show up at.
LOL
Hey guy, I'm from Gresham. Your mentality is definitely going to flip. Why don't you and your crew drive to Eugene and play our crew?

Top Bottom