• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Holy crap... I cant believe this lol... This is why I quit in the first place last time... GG oregon. I almost wanna quit again lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lol, if you're talking about everyone wanting to money match yoshibro, then well...it's not really a state-specific thing. I'm pretty sure like any good smasher is basically obligated to money match newcomers like yoshibro. The flaming could be a little less extreme, but the money match is near necessary.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yoshi4LyfeBroDude041983938576849406423dudecatmang said:
Playing computers has no effect on actual skill versus a human. lol, am I to also assume that your underground tournaments play by the in-game tournament mode and have computers as entrants?
Come get some *****. You should learn a little about our tournament formats and skill. Hell, I'm convinced enough that I'll MM you as high as you want. How much is that? Like $10 because thats all your dad will lend you when you go to tournaments?

We'll take your ******** *** group of raptors. WA might just come down exclusively for ****** the ****ing **** out of you.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Okay, it was MORE than enough with an entire page being about ****ing dmon. **** guys.

So, anybody like big band music/vocalists? You know, Bobby Darin, Sinatra, Crosby, etc etc

Balloon

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be so cocky, Oregon. you guys lost to a random before, why wouldn't it happen again?
That "random" wasn't some douchebag acting like he's hot ****. He had been talked about many times before, and joined our community peacefully.

Anyway, I want a 5 dollar money match best 3 out of 5 with one of the Yoshi bros.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Lol, if you're talking about everyone wanting to money match yoshibro, then well...it's not really a state-specific thing. I'm pretty sure like any good smasher is basically obligated to money match newcomers like yoshibro. The flaming could be a little less extreme, but the money match is near necessary.
you dumb c unt I mean because there is such an abundance of this behavior around lol. :laugh: :laugh:

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I would hate to be in the same boat as gimpy. Bowser's would sink the boat because of his extreme obesity. He would also poke holes in it with his shell.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm pretty sure Kirby Tier is lower than Mewtwo Tier.

Also, I didn't really feel like making a post just to tell you that it's t0mmy that updates the Player Registry and not me.... but it keeps the conversation going.

Things are looking up for SF:E. We'll probably have a house instead of an apartment this time around.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Nah, im good.
not really :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <3 <3. I love you, but hes right. ****** always wanna start some trouble, but <3 @ neo-washington.... Mostly eggz... and gimpyface... oh yeah and teddy could probably have my children... so long as they had the face of a gimpyface.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
omg.. this yoshi stuff is too funny

"These are REAL gamestore tournaments"

"I have heard about aftermath at a gamecrazy before... I hear he also isnt that good and messes up"

I almost fell on the floor laughing at this stuff. You guys really need to stop thinking so highly of yourself now before you go into a complete moral breakdown when someone good like Ratking thrashes. I'll come to this event where you guys are MMing everyone, I'll play around a bit myself, no MM's though, I couldn't work this month so I'm literally broke.

Anyway, awesome time today at the Empire Games tourney, I hope we can have more there. James, thanks for teaching me a few things; Jesse, thanks for 4 stocking me twice in a row when I was Samus XD. Was great to see everyone again, as well as meet some new people.

I'm uploading some vids now, I'll edit them into this post in just a sec.

p.s. James, I just did 2 SSFFMC's :D

Binx

Smash Master
Gj Kami, yeah it was a fun tournament.

Aftermath: Can you post the brackets?

Yoshibros 01-04 where the hell were you guys, no car johns either...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I forgot to grab the bracket on the way out, so here's what I remember of placings.

Singles

Winner: Aftermath
Second: Juce
Third: Ratking
Fourth: Keith
Fifth: Binx/Minh

Teams

Winner: Team Rocket
Second: Ratking/Deus
Third: Kamikaze
Fourth: Team Whitey
Failures: All the people that don't think teams is worth entering

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
What is a john??? we didnt come because me and 0003 went to a party the night before, and then again tonight. we decided it was a better idea then going t some small tourney. by the lookz of it, it was kind of small. anywayz wer will come to something soon. ALso watch for our new videos coming soon,

GET SOME!
002 out

Eggz

Smash Hero
What is a john??? we didnt come because me and 0003 went to a party the night before, and then again tonight. we decided it was a better idea then going t some small tourney. by the lookz of it, it was kind of small. anywayz wer will come to something soon. ALso watch for our new videos coming soon,

GET SOME!
002 out
Noob tournaments with large tournaments > Partying with your dad > playing the best people in the state

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
What is a john???
John's: A john is just an excuse used to make a victory or loss illegitimate because of external or internal factors during a match. Common johns include cell phone distractions, controller “malfunctions”, coughing, talking, itching, and in game suicides.
It also seems (and I'm not sure if this is just Oregon or if this extends to the rest of the world.) that the term is often used to refer to excuses in general.

Also YoshiBro's, once James gets finished with the long and arduous task of wrestling control of Empire Games out from under Riot/David's oppressive grasp. (starts holding Tang's at Empire Games) You guys should stop by and attend one. I would love to play a couple of friendlys with one or all of you, low-tier on low-tier.:grin:

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice

GET SOME!
002 out
WOW!/lol are you kidding, for a couple of guys who's never been to a smashboards tourney, and still claim to be the best in Oregon, and say that they were going to show up, then don't. PLUS they don't know what a "john" is, just hilarious. Learn the terms guys

Queit ironic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eggz

Smash Hero
Err point out the irony for me? Pretty sure your another victim of the failed american education system, which generates constant misuse of the word irony. xD

Since joshisrad apparantly didn't understand, the noob tournaments with large turnouts > partying with your dad > tournaments with the best in state post was indeed sarcasm. So if you lack a brain/don't know me at all, there it is.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
To actually make that sarcastic, it needed a preceding "because." Sarcasm is made obvious when there is a definite sway in one direction. For example, "because p definitely presupposes q." Your mastery/control over language and comedy isn't as practiced as it could be. But I'm understanding enough to forgive.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Err point out the irony for me? Pretty sure your another victim of the failed american education system, which generates constant misuse of the word irony. xD

Since joshisrad apparantly didn't understand, the noob tournaments with large turnouts > partying with your dad > tournaments with the best in state post was indeed sarcasm. So if you lack a brain/don't know me at all, there it is.
now you know what is truely Iron... Coincidental about that.... I was having that EXACT conversation in my car no more then 20 minutes prior to reading this about the word ironic eggz lol. Infact. I am pretty sure my friend used the term "victim of failed american education." and she said how everyone constantly misues the word irony, after I pointed out how my brother clearly used to word wrong. :laugh: :laugh:

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie

now you know what is truely Iron... Coincidental about that.... I was having that EXACT conversation in my car no more then 20 minutes prior to reading this about the word ironic eggz lol. Infact. I am pretty sure my friend used the term "victim of failed american education." and she said how everyone constantly misues the word irony, after I pointed out how my brother clearly used to word wrong.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL thats hilarious. xD

Joshguy said:
To actually make that sarcastic, it needed a preceding "because." Sarcasm is made obvious when there is a definite sway in one direction. For example, "because p definitely presupposes q." Your mastery/control over language and comedy isn't as practiced as it could be. But I'm understanding enough to forgive.
Or maybe I know that everyone knows me well enough to recognize obvious sarcasm that would definately not go with my actual beliefs. Cha.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Holy god. Knowing the correct definition of ironic means jack **** when you can't even spell "definitely" right or use punctuation properly.

And Josh is clearly right about sarcasm requiring a "because".

Rage.

Smash Ace
Every time I come in here there is some ridicoulse argument going on

Oregon fails

Yoshi Bros are fail until they come to a tornement and prove themselves

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Dear Oregon:
I no longer have any desire to live. This will be the last you hear from me. Shin, it was nice diddling you in your sleep. It's been real guys. Peace out.
-Claude

Top Bottom