• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Take a trip down to Salem and play Doc Holiday, stop by Eugene to play Tudios and the Super Smash Twins, and then drop into Grant's Pass to play Bart, Andy and Edgar. Problem solved. ^_^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd like to go to FD ONRY, but I'm going to Jungle Japes ONRY which is coincidentally on the same day. >_>

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Is Oregon doing anything for New Year's? I probably have enough gas/money to go to Eugene if you guys want to have a smashfest. If Shin's there, I'll be there for sure.

Otto, I'm like $20 short for going to Seattle, so there probably won't be any Oregonians.

Wii posting is top tier.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The next TANG is like probably going to be end of January or early February, it's up to Jesse (Juce) to decide now, but he doesn't have the internet at the moment.

Tudios, I'd call him if I recharged my phone, but I don't want to look for the power thing, someone else should call him and then post the results here.

EDIT** Actually, I'll call him tomorrow morning.

Is anyone planning on going to GameClucks on the 13th? Spokane guys say they are showing up.
I'm also curious if any more OR people are going aside from David and GUN.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Did anyone call Shin? I woulda, but I just saw the post this morning.

Also, let me know if/when TANG is January so I can better organize the Farewell 2006 tournament.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't check these boards very often, I just saw James was coming down to Eugene. We'll give Tudios a call and get the guacamole ready.
t!mmy tells me nothing >:^|

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'm aiming to leave here by 2:00 PM PDT, but my mom is all of a sudden really grouchy and wants me to do a bunch of chores. So yeah, I'll be there by 5:00 PM PDT at the latest though.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
so, uhh... next TANG is at the end of january?
*is currently ailing because of strep throat*

EDIT: how long do you guys think it will be before i can get a Wii casually at a store? like without having to camp/line-up for 5 hours.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
hell ****ing yeah. **** that ****ing game is too ****ing good, the ****y *** sequel sucked ****ing stinky *** monkey balls in a rhino's ****ing *******....
That was like poetry.

I haven't completely quit I just never have any money to go anywhere and I never post.

T0MMY

Smash Master
nnniiivvveeekkK: You could probably get a Wii fairly easily now that holidays are over. Give it a couple weeks maybe?

Josh: you should have come to our Smashy New Year par-tay. We even had oyster on the half-shell and fine, imported champagne to go with our cheap candy corn.

t0mmy: you make awesome sushi & guacamole

I can't believe I played Magic: the Gathering on new year's eve 2006... new deck designs are festering in my brain... my Transformers deck is truly more than meets the eye now.

I had a good new years, I hope everyone else did as well.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I've been in Gresham since Dec 8th, I wouldn't have been able to make it out there. =/

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Now that I've recovered from all the partying, I'm assuming everyone else has too. So, what does everyone think of a TANG/SF:E smash-down on the 27th of Jan. '07? That would be the last Sat. of this month.

Well?

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
oregon smash awards! of course i'm getting awards from everybody, right?

rawr?

PS - is the date for TANG figured out yet? because saturday is really close by, and i was hoping the date would be solid by now.. but since there's no TANG thread or anything, i'm assuming TANG won't be happening this saturday.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I'm really sorry that the Salem tourny didn't work out. I just got the final word that it won't be able to happen at my church.

Juce

Smash Ace
I'm really sorry that the Salem tourny didn't work out. I just got the final word that it won't be able to happen at my church.
omgomgomgomgomgwtfbbq....

i wanted to play you so badly.... i was looking forward to this for so long

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
yes so have i. i have even tallied my wall with a knife counting down to the day i would finally get to play you. i'm almost out of wall T-T

jesse, when can we play again? plus, if you can, invite others to play as well.

PS - who is yatta?
*is incredibly confused*

rawr

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'm ready to ****ing play some smash again, so let's hurry up, month. I gotta get the guys around here to start playing more. **** you guys for having access to more than two or three smashers.

On a side note, I am highly excited for the Smash Awards. How does the voting work, etc.?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I guess the '06 Smash Awards are going to have to be at my apartment - unless I can convince my mom to let strangers into her house.

How the awards are going to work is that all smashers who attend will get a ballot to fill out and everyone will cast votes for various categories. After all the tournaments are finished, we'll count up the votes and find out who the winners are. And I guarentee I will not just copy MLG award categories - some of those were pretty lame.

I'd like to make this a two day event (Sat 27th, Sun 28th), with food and housing provided. I want to make sure as many Oregon Smashers can make it, so post and let me know if the date works well for you, and make sure your whole crew comes.

I will make a thread soon with full details.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The next TANG is like probably going to be end of January or early February, it's up to Jesse (Juce) to decide now, but he doesn't have the internet at the moment.
Hitch a ride down to SF:E

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... what would you guys think if I started my own tournament? Been thinking about it all winter break... I could hold it at my school in a big open room so we'd have plenty of space, with my house being right next door, or it would be at my local game place (which also is not far from my house).

Serious thoughts? Anyone interested? It just kind of be like another Tang or Smashfest kind of thing, yet still different to make it worth going to.. and I wouldn't want to start it (It would hopefully be done on some sort of timely basis, like every month or every other month) without any interest.

Also just a reminder, it would be in Lake Oswego, where I live, which is just outside of Portland, so you can think of that for driving distances.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Well, us down in Eugene might like to come to some of these. I'd check with t!MmY and T0MMY.

On another note, I finally got to sit down and play Smash64 since I barely got to play it before Melee came out. It's really fun. Different, but fun. If we could, we should play some at the next Eugene Smashfest or TANG. Just a thought.

Top Bottom