• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Going to reply here instead of the old Tang thread because it seems more appropriate

I do live in portland James, and we need to do some smash thing deffinetly, I got break from today till Jan 3rd(?) and the only time I'm gone is 27/31, going to california for a wrestling tournament.

As for some sort of awards and/or tournament, that sounds sweet. Can't think of anything right now to add though.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You're bad at convincing people they are liars. It's obvious you have no idea how me & t!mmy play at home, especially considering that you've asked me if we play at all. If you don't believe that I quit playing against him constantly, just ask him yourself.
I've gotten into the habit of just not trying during everything except money matches, and I don't know why. But you should know I'm getting over that. You may be upset that you're the one player I try the least against (along with Bart). It has something to do with camping, I get annoyed with that. But last TANG I actually gave you a good couple of rounds, up until the 2nd round.
Whatever the reason I'm going to try to stop doing it and your constant johning and telling other people how terrible they are isn't going to help me or anyone. So let's put that behind us and just play better (and have more fun).

On a less serious note. I'm going to work on an Oregon Player video. It will be showcase style, focusing on not just combos, but the style we bring to our play. So, think of some music to put to your section and I'll work with t!mmy on this.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm guessing the SD would be you as Captain Falcon?
I have no idea what Mine Fields is; you should send it to us. email or AIM would work.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
t0mmy actually played against me yesterday without Johnning, and now I can't beat him. Thanks a lot James.

The 'thank you' is both serious and sarcastic. :sigh:

Balloon

Smash Lord
Wait a second; I don't camp against you, Tommy. At TANG 21, within the first five seconds of our match, you purposely SD'd. Don't give me that bull****. I camped against James in our finals match because he was being a *****, and that was already made clear.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
You're bad at convincing people they are liars. It's obvious you have no idea how me & t!mmy play at home, especially considering that you've asked me if we play at all. If you don't believe that I quit playing against him constantly, just ask him yourself.
I've gotten into the habit of just not trying during everything except money matches, and I don't know why. But you should know I'm getting over that. You may be upset that you're the one player I try the least against (along with Bart). It has something to do with camping, I get annoyed with that. But last TANG I actually gave you a good couple of rounds, up until the 2nd round.
Whatever the reason I'm going to try to stop doing it and your constant johning and telling other people how terrible they are isn't going to help me or anyone. So let's put that behind us and just play better (and have more fun).

On a less serious note. I'm going to work on an Oregon Player video. It will be showcase style, focusing on not just combos, but the style we bring to our play. So, think of some music to put to your section and I'll work with t!mmy on this.
I agree with you Tommy, the sport of smash has gotten way out of hand with people not adreeing on anything any more......

I also want my video to have some great Techno music :laugh: TECHNO ALL THE WAY GUYS!

Tommy I want you to play me next time you see me and try hard man and I will honor you with the same treatment same to every smasher you can't get better and show off your style unless you really go at it and learn the best you can...

:psycho: ~RIOT~ :psycho:

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Tommy, I do realize how you play at home, and I have talked to Timmy about it on multiple occasions, usually when you two run into eachother in the brackets or after the teams tournament, I was saying that the reasons you posted weren't correct, as you're the one who always johns that you don't want to learn to DI and stuff, so saying that he's the one who never wants to improve seems contradictory.

I like how you think I'd be upset that you don't try against me, as I think I've been avoiding playing you and sandbagging you for a longer time, it's just that we don't like playing eachother because each of us finds it ridiculously boring, same reason I don't play a lot of people now. But yeah, I'm not saying this to try and degrade you as a smasher, but you john stuff that's entirely untrue, and often blame it on others, and get completely unmotivated because of it. But yeah, try harder the next few tournaments and maybe I'll stop telling everyone how terrible they are.

Also, Money Match next tournament? I'll probably even let you win.

Lastly, the only people I say are terrible are now AfroJustin and probably Jesse and Andrew.

EDIT** Bart, you do camp now, there's not much you can do to deny it. However, when most people say that you do, it's not really meant as an insult, it's just sort of an Oregon (although Oregon might just be limited to Jesse and I on this) joke that if people get better, they start camping more and eventually move to Washington.

Balloon

Smash Lord
No, but you don't understand James. I don't camp. I've camped against Timmy and you. That's all. When I camped against you, it was because you were pissing me off, and when I camped against Timmy, it was because I had no ****ing clue what to do XD.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Too bad Kirby can't camp. :(

By the way, I think I may have found something that helps me play Fox without hurting my hands so much. :)

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Playng the right way with fox? The oregon was just doesn't cut it. You guys in your sh uair and full jump ff uair spam is just dumb..

Oregon needs to come down to cali to face "The Machine."

T0MMY

Smash Master
Bart: Yes you do. Camping isn't bad, it's just that I get annoyed by it. And I pretty much wasn't in the mood to play at the end of my previous match, I played you right afterwards. Our first round was 10 seconds of you jumping up and down on the right platform on Dreamland and me laser camping bottom left (not trying to hit you with the lasers).

Riot: You'd better show up this time.

t!mmy: I still johned a bit, but I'm getting better.

Tommy, I do realize how you play at home, and I have talked to Timmy about it on multiple occasions, usually when you two run into eachother in the brackets or after the teams tournament, I was saying that the reasons you posted weren't correct, as you're the one who always johns that you don't want to learn to DI and stuff, so saying that he's the one who never wants to improve seems contradictory.
I don't say I don't want to "learn" how to DI. I simply say that I don't DI. The reason for that is when I DI (<= palindrome) I get punished more for it. Simply not doing anything gets the other person to run in a direction they're sure I'm going because it'd be dumb not to. Sometimes it backfires though, mostly on Falco players. I think subconsciously I smash DI down with both analog sticks so I can tech, but I don't think of it as DIing, I think of that as teching.

Aftermath said:
I like how you think I'd be upset that you don't try against me, as I think I've been avoiding playing you and sandbagging you for a longer time, it's just that we don't like playing eachother because each of us finds it ridiculously boring, same reason I don't play a lot of people now. But yeah, I'm not saying this to try and degrade you as a smasher, but you john stuff that's entirely untrue, and often blame it on others, and get completely unmotivated because of it. But yeah, try harder the next few tournaments and maybe I'll stop telling everyone how terrible they are.
Too much sandbagging. It's like watching Isai fight himself. X^D
A lot of why I play so badly is because I also get nervous, the more people around the worse. (remembers OC2). It's just something I'll try to work on as well.

K, good bouts from now on from everyone. If I have any money to put up I'll MM you.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
T!Mmy, do you have a GameFaQs account? Because theres this one guy on the SSBM boards, his name is TyphlosionIsMe, and everyone calls him T!Mmy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I only go by some form of "t!mmy" - and I don't use the GameFaQs forums ever.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Can I be The Mashine if I dedicate every match to strictly 100% shine combos with Fox? =D

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
All my friends think I'm better with Peach instead of Falco :( I've put so much time into Falco though, and like 5 days into Peach. It's annoying.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's because Peach doesn't require nearly the practice as Falco... or any other character for that matter. (cheaP is an anagram for Peach, ha ha ha)

Balloon

Smash Lord
I always thought Peach was way harder to play than Falco. Just my opinion, though, I suppose.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Have you tried playing Peach with down c-stick? It vastly improved my Peach.

Eggz

Smash Hero
[/b]Lastly, the only people I say are terrible are now AfroJustin and probably Jesse and Andrew.[/b]

it's just sort of an Oregon (although Oregon might just be limited to Jesse and I on this) joke that if people get better, they start camping more and eventually move to Washington.
Who in WA camps wtf? lol

Otto, Mike and I just started camping at the last smashfest lol. Ohwell, camping is tight and OR should ***** less about it.

Whens your guys' next tournament? I'd prefer one soooooon cuz i wanna come see y'all. (Mainly James)
First week of january for the next TANG please. Gameclucks is the second week. D=

You guys should make TANG 23 a big fatty one (in febuary)

Suggestions:
Get all of Oregon involved in this 2006 wrap-up event. This means no johns for Shin & Kyle, maybe even get Dawg to get involved.
Then we hold every kind of tourney we can cram into the weekend. This includes Low-tier, 1v1, 2v2, (1v2?), Crews, and the tournement where everyone plays everyone.
My suggestion would to make most of these free, but maybe hold usual 1v1 & 2v2 matches with a cash prize like usual because there's plenty of people who would want that. But the free tournement play with no cash prize would allow for everyone to join in without having to worry about putting in a few dollars for entrance fee (which has been a reason for some people not to join in).

Trophies for the winners in each category.
Maybe have an awards ceremony.
Champagne? X^D
Out of staters love money. In fact, OOS of WA won't come unless there is money to be had.

Also Oregon fails VERY miserably at power rankings. VERY miserably. Obviously you've only heard of Silent Wolf Gimpy and Tori.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Eggz, the lists that have been made are either made by Doc_Holiday who knows nothing, or by another user as a joke. Pretty obvious.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Not obvious at all. I thougth Doc_Holiday was your best. =P

Btw, Doc Holiday, Tombstone is the best movie ever incase you've seen it.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Ya, Tombstone is my favorite movie, thats why I named my account after the coolest person in that movie. And yes, I am the best in Oregon.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
merry chirstmas people, happy hanukkah sorry if i misspelled that, and happy kwanzaa i haven't posted here in a while so i figured i say this to the people in oregon and ill see some of you probably at the next tournament with my greatly improved fox.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Duke, we've been waiting on info about the Jan. tournament.

Top Bottom