• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Kami - It'd be cool if you were able to start up your own series, but a few things about your venue choices. For the most part, schools will not support a game tournament, and even less if there are non-students coming. If you get the initial go-ahead to hold something, chances are that each potential non-student would somehow need to contact the school and sign some liability form. But yeah, if you can host it at your school and they're OK with it, then by all means, that'd be the best venue Oregon's had yet.

As for gamestores, I have a particular distaste for them because of the varying amounts of money that they take out of the entrance fees and there have been a couple problems that have come up with gamestores in the past.

But yeah, check out both of them, if either work then that'd be good and I'm sure that people would come, at least from the portland area, which is about 5-15.

Tudios - Smash 64 is awful. Talk to Jesse about it though, he worships the game for whatever reason.

Kevin - I'll talk to Jesse and stuff at some point in time and see if he can have it at his house again and then we'll make a thread and stuff.

Tim My - Why did you quote me other than to misspell my name?

So yeah, we need a tournament soon.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Um, about the Smash Awards tournaments being on a sat/sun, I don't know how well that will work out, and I would much prefer fri/sat, as would everyone from down here in GP. Just to let you guys know...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i wouldn't mind it being on fri and saturday because i've got school on monday but it all really depends on when i can get a ride down there i get out of school at 12 so basically anytime after that i would be good to go but a lot of people have work and school on friday which may make it difficult for them to get to eugne

FoosJr

Smash Ace
all you need to do kevin is ask chuck norris to run around the world so fast that it spins backwards therefore turning back time before doc holiday was born and then you get the award but you will most likely get it anyway since you got dibs and all

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
all you need to do kevin is ask chuck norris to run around the world so fast that it spins backwards therefore turning back time before doc holiday was born and then you get the award
Lol:laugh: Foos, you must :love: chuck norris to think so highly of him.

(Off topic) Hey t!MmY, I noticed that you posted my Tang and Smashfest Eugene match vids on the Pikachu video archive thread, thanks:) it was kinda surprising.

Juce

Smash Ace
i call dibs on most SDs in a real match award...

oh, and i made the perfect-flat-head-skrew-driver-for-opening-controlers...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
None of that needed hyphens, and it's spelled "screwdriver."

And apparently a Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is scheduled to come out sometime in like March, weirdness. But yeah, if you win TANGs more, put the money towards a PSP and that game, or a Wii and something.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
MoC Chuck Norris is almost as good as pancakes speaking of which anyone want to get together sometime and play smash before the next smashfest or tang? How it's related i don't know but chuck norris should.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Alright so is this tournament for the 27th and 28th guaranteed because some of my group members need to take off time from work and they need to know

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
MoC Chuck Norris is almost as good as pancakes speaking of which anyone want to get together sometime and play smash before the next smashfest or tang? How it's related i don't know but chuck norris should.
YES YES YES THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

i still haven't played anyone since the last TANG, i'm gonna get fried by anyone ever at TANG/the oregon awards tourney T-T

by the way, even though doc_holiday is factually younger than me, you're all going to vote for ME for youngest RIGHT?!?

PS - i need vids up, so anyone willing to record vidsies with me gets a thumbs up (and possibly two thumbs up)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Bart - I'd really like to have the GP smashers make it to the Smash Awards, thus Fri+Sat is being considered. Plus James concurred.

Peach Masta/Greshem - How does Friday the 26th & Sat. the 27th sound?

Kevvviiinnn - I will be recording pots of matches at the SF:E Smash Awards. ++I will be making an Oregon vid out of it++

MoC - those were the 11-06 SF:E videos I uploaded, so I figured I'd throw 'em at the Pika players and put them to (more) use.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Bart - I'd really like to have the GP smashers make it to the Smash Awards, thus Fri+Sat is being considered. Plus James concurred.

Peach Masta/Greshem - How does Friday the 26th & Sat. the 27th sound?

Kevvviiinnn - I will be recording pots of matches at the SF:E Smash Awards. ++I will be making an Oregon vid out of it++

MoC - those were the 11-06 SF:E videos I uploaded, so I figured I'd throw 'em at the Pika players and put them to (more) use.
which means i'm going to be in the oregon video right? or do i have to attend [insert # of SF:E's] before i can be in the montage? (because i haven't seen mr. joshisrad on any oregon montages yet)

t!mmy = thumbs up (and if i change my mind later, 2 thumbs up)

rawr

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Lol:laugh: Foos, you must :love: chuck norris to think so highly of him.

(Off topic) Hey t!MmY, I noticed that you posted my Tang and Smashfest Eugene match vids on the Pikachu video archive thread, thanks:) it was kinda surprising.
**double post, but MoC is too good for an edit

MoC, you needa make a combo video. call it 'electric rapage' or something. and put me in the credits ^-^

*has never been in credits before*

(he doesn't know i'm tricking him just so i can be in the credits!)

t!mmy = wowzers with kirby.

t0mmy = crazy with pichu.

tudios = insane with YL, ness, and whatever other low tiers he plays.

oregon is so full of low tier goodness! <3<3 oregon

rawr

Eggz

Smash Hero
Do I get the "Makes Oregon go to gameclucks award"?

You guys NEED to go to gameclucks this weekend. Canada is gonna be there, as is ALL OF WA ZOMG. GOOO!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Eggz - I will most definately go to Game Clucks this weekend. AIM me so I can give you directions where to pick me up.

Kevin - Everyone who comes will likely be in the video since I'll be recording ... too much.

Everyone Else:

Looks like SF:E Smash Awards will be Fri. Jan 26th, and Sat. Jan 27th. I'll pontificate the details, make a banner, and get the thread up.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, a Wii-remote isn't necessary to play SSBM, but it's always good for menu selection (and playing Wii games). I guess it's sort of expected that if you're bringing a Wii that you'll have at least one controller.

And... isn't Berkeley a bit far to come for an Oregon tournament?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's democracy for you. >_>

Doc, go post on the SF:E thread and confirm your attendance. ;)

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Kevin, I'm younger than you and a *sort-of* Comptetitive Oregon Smasher, no one can vote on you being younger.
everybody please disregard this post! (the post i'm quoting, not this one you lunatic haha)
now that everyone has ignored this post completely, it's time for me to claim my rightful place as youngest oregon smasher!

PS - james, have you and jesse talked about when TANG will be yet?

T0MMY

Smash Master
We need stock footage of every Smashegonian "playing cool."
You know... 1337 multi-shines and uber-slides. Not the kind of footage for combo vids really, more like what I was doing in Chain Lightning's intro.
Then I get everyone's choice of music, put it with the "playing cool" footage and add in highlights from this next Smashfest and we've got a great video.
(suggestions for a video title appreciated)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I want my smash footage replaced with SSX Tricky footage, if only because you said "Uber-slides" and that's not a smash term, but SSX Tricky does have Uber Tricks and Rahzel, oh, and sliding on snowboards.

Kevin, I never did end up talking to him, even though he was at my house for like 3 days. I'll try to remember this weekend, and you should go to Jesse's on Saturday or Sunday for a smashfest.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Get with the times, James. "Uber Slides" is the newest addition of the Smash argot. As are the following:

Double Sick
Trummle Shot
and the coveted "Donkey Bomb"

Idea for video title: Best of SSX Tricky

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I would like some music from Tricky for my part at least, it's crazy good. Especially when you get huge air and all the sounds drop out except for the bassline and drum track in the song.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I want my smash footage replaced with SSX Tricky footage, if only because you said "Uber-slides" and that's not a smash term, but SSX Tricky does have Uber Tricks and Rahzel, oh, and sliding on snowboards.

Kevin, I never did end up talking to him, even though he was at my house for like 3 days. I'll try to remember this weekend, and you should go to Jesse's on Saturday or Sunday for a smashfest.
OHHH YEAH!!! kevin is finally getting to play ssbm!!! three hurrrays for me!

*please put 3 hurrays in your following posts*

hurray!

hurray!

hurray!

wait, this saturday right?

Top Bottom