• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey!?! Considering I'd never driven James's car before, it was pitch black outside, poring down rain, and for some reason I couldn't get the windshield wipers to work fast enough to give me visibility beyond five feet I don't think I did a bad job.

Besides we were never in any real danger. :evil:

Is that what Foos was talking about? I read that and like just laughed because that sentence was so poorly constructed and the "Quoted for truth" was just making fun of it.

But yeah, sorry for making you drive my car and such, as long as there aren't any wrecks or cop incidents, whoever was driving did a good job.

Bart - TANG could be the first weekend of February for us Northerners and then SF:E could be later and you could go to that since it would be a shorter drive and still have all the cool people, and Eugene people too.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Is that what Foos was talking about? I read that and like just laughed because that sentence was so poorly constructed and the "Quoted for truth" was just making fun of it.

But yeah, sorry for making you drive my car and such, as long as there aren't any wrecks or cop incidents, whoever was driving did a good job.

Bart - TANG could be the first weekend of February for us Northerners and then SF:E could be later and you could go to that since it would be a shorter drive and still have all the cool people, and Eugene people too.
Well the thing is is that I like to go to both, and if there's just one weekend between then it's fine and I could easily make it to TANG 22.0. I hate missing TANGS, though...

T0MMY

Smash Master
I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers about weather conditions.
Another problem we're coming up with is the huge turnout. People may have to sleep on the kitchen floor (memories of TANG 12)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
From what I hear, the snow is already clearing up and there won't be any at the end of the month. But, yeah, if there is any weather problems, people who don't want to drive shouldn't. At the worst, we'd have a smaller smashfest and hold off on the festivities for an agreeable date in Feb.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
ill sleep on the kitchen floor if necessary i could just bring a pillow and a sleeping bag and i would be good it go ill sleep outside your front door you just gotta remember to let me in when morning comes around

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sleeping outside the front door is not a good idea.
Kitchen = good. Under TV = good. Anywhere inside = good.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Dear everyone,
I'm getting worse as the days go by. Don't expect much if I end up going to SFE. D:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Dear everyone,
I'm getting worse as the days go by. Don't expect much if I end up going to SFE. D:
You need to come play me & t0mmy more. We'll make Shin and Tudios come, too.

Oh, and I'm wondering about February for tournaments since it's a short month and all. I agree TANG 22 should be somewhere after the first weekend, and then maybe the next SF:E can be in March. That way we don't have tournaments on consecutive weekends.

Personally, if I had the means, I wouldn't mind Oregon Weeklies. Then again, if I had the means, I would play down in SoCal, WA, and East Coast every weekend. >_>

Chaosbunny

Smash Cadet
haha is there a way i can get a ride to smashfest eugene.
and if there is tell me how many people you can give a ride cause i could get my cousins to go too.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
well were not sure if george is going and if he is then im sure he would give them a ride, but then there would be 5 people in that car for 2 hours, o wait its george 1 hour but still a cramped car ride.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've been having problems connecting to the internet, but I'm still keeping up on things between classes and such.

Just a little FYI.

Juce

Smash Ace
<-- Aftermath

I can give a ride to 3 people to SF:E. Jesse and I are already in, and I think Foos is going with me as well, so yeah, I'll try to be on AIM this week, so IM 'Aftermath rar' and we'll talk about picking you up and stuff.

$5 for gas though.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Yea i would like a ride james i can pm you my cell # so we can set something up and if chaos bunny needs a ride he can be picked up at my place because we live really close to each other.

Chaosbunny

Smash Cadet
yea i will ask if george can give me a ride first because if he is going im pretty sure he could take me and both of my cousins.
im sure if he is goign he is also taking tyler too.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
it's only like 3 or 4 hours and i think the next one is in early feburary but it's really on juce and aftermath on when they want to host it.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
It takes 6-7 hours to go from Salem to Idaho only stopping for gas and nothing else, Eugene is farther away from Idaho then Salem so it's actually like an 8 hour drive. That's a long drive.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i was talking about a tang tournament up in portland, probably should specified, just straight across oregon if he lives in northern idaho, if he lives southern than maybe a an 8 hour drive max, unless your a george driver than 4 hours max.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Well, fellows, it appears as though a portion of SFE will be held in the basement to my complex at UO. That means you'll all have a chance to see the amazing myself. And since it's low tier - and though I can't quite remember what that list is comprised of, I am certain Mewtwo is in it - you'll all have a chance to fall to my magnificent Mewtwo skills. :cool:
ps totally guessed on the : cool : emote, was originally going to go with ":shades:" but decided the former was more classic.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I live in Idaho Falls and i think its like 11 hours to Eugene so we want to make sure we go to a good tournament because i dont think we will do the drive more than a few time once ore twice maybe. If you have any recommendation for a tournament to attend that would be great.

Balloon

Smash Lord
You Idahoans should attend this weekend's SF:E. There are five tournaments total, and I'm pretty sure everyone from Oregon (as in the regulars) plus even more are going to be showing up...

According to the SF:E thread's confirmation list, there are going to be at least 18 people showing up, and so far it could be up to 27. If you guys came, that would be awesome. 30 + tourney = good.

Top Bottom