• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

FoosJr

Smash Ace
lol idk josh i heard that mcs was pretty amazing he could like totally 7 stock the amazing isai lol but george should be easy :p just jk george

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Me and Duke are gonna play each other very soon, all of my charcters vs. all of his characters. I will post full results. I'll probably lose, he knows like every inescapable combo that Falcon can do on every character at every percent. It sucks balls, any tips on beating him? He tech chases a lot and is VERY good at edge-teching so I don't kill him, he did it 6 times in a row as I Dsmashed him with Falco as an edgeguard. I play with Falco, Fox, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Peach, Marth, Sheik, Sometimes Samus, Sometimes Ganondorf, and Sometimes Dr.Mario. He is letting me choose the stage for all the matches so I'm wondering what I should do against his characters. He plays Captain falcon, marth, sheik, falco. He mostly plays Captain Falcon. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tips on beating Falcon: play Kirby. And if he's letting you pick the stages, go to funky ones like Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokefloats. Then Kirbycide him until he cries. Ha ha.

Er... that's what I would do anyway. >_>

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Tips on beating Falcon: play Kirby. And if he's letting you pick the stages, go to funky ones like Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokefloats. Then Kirbycide him until he cries. Ha ha.

Er... that's what I would do anyway. >_>
No thanks, Kirby can be Dthrow>Knee at any percent without a chane of failure(Unless the Falcon misses the sweet spot) And thats what Duke would do instead of Tech Chasing.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
This is true.

There is really nothing you can do. Hence why they are called inescapable combos.
Only advice, don't get grabbed.

Duke

Fox.
100%.
Falcon does up throw > knee.
Guaranteed.

And even if they aren't 100% inescapable there is usually only one DI that will get you out of it and you will almost never have the reaction time to get the DI right every time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
All characters have combos that Kirby cannot escape from. Lol.
You'll have to come up with something scarier than than.

Chaosbunny

Smash Cadet
can anyone in the oregon city portland area give two people rides to smashfest eugene?
cause we have no way to get there and we really want to go.
we also have gas money

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
OC-George and Aftermath would be the ones to hear back from, Chaosbunny.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Holiday, stop posting useless ****. Each of your last four posts in this thread amount to nothing.

Duke

Maybe two posts on the last page(#1021-1035) were scraping by as being on the assumed theme that this thread should be used for. It's been taking the juvenile chat room direction. ****it guys.

OSM thread's thousandth post is mine.

Well, I meant replies, which is the only thing that counts because that's what everyone sees >_>

for the default setting, it's page 69.
I'm not quoting these four consecutive joshisrad posts for any particular reason.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
99% of the posts here are just pointless conversation. >_>
The least we can do is just try to sound intelligent while we all post useless things for the entertainment of all.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I'm not quoting these four consecutive joshisrad posts for any particular reason.
Duke, each of those posts were useful to the actual conversation at hand, except for the thousandth one, which is excusable for the ocassion. Don't be silly.

Duke

I really didn't get anything out of you saying that the current page number on default setting is 69. I, on the otherhand, did not know that I was about to get my 1,337th post which I resourcefully used to rebuke your hypocritical claims made on doc's posting.

I don't want to start an argument I'm just saying that it's all just opinion. I find that it is important that doc expresses himself in such manners as long as it isn't taken too far. Imagine what it is like from his view, he is talking with people almost twice his age. I'm sure not having much experience with casual talk with such developed people, horomonially, he doesn't really have the advanced emotions to know that exactly what he is doing is wrong. I think you can be a little more forgiving then going off and directly swearing to a minor.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I really didn't get anything out of you saying that the current page number on default setting is 69.
Then you weren't paying attention to the conversation. People were discussing the humor involved in the page number being 69. Some people were confused. I helped them out. That totally works.

I, on the otherhand, did not know that I was about to get my 1,337th post which I resourcefully used to rebuke your hypocritical claims made on doc's posting.
In the future, remember that there is a private messaging function. It wasn't hypocritical. Whereas he contributed nothing to what was being discussed, I said something relevant.

I don't want to start an argument I'm just saying that it's all just opinion. I find that it is important that doc expresses himself in such manners as long as it isn't taken too far.
Such manners being him saying things that are completely irrelevant? How about "I'm so sexy." Does that work for you? Do you think it's important that he should express that?

Imagine what it is like from his view, he is talking with people almost twice his age.
That should give him the incentive to grow up, not make it apparent how young he is.

I'm sure not having much experience with casual talk with such developed people, horomonally, he doesn't really have the advanced emotions to know that exactly what he is doing is wrong. I think you can be a little more forgiving then going off and directly swearing to a minor.
...you have GOT to be kidding me.

Duke

Ok, ok, ok josh, you win. I'll keep your name in mind when I need a baby sitter for my kids. You'll teach them the hard lessons of life such as growing up and taking vulgarities from adults. Let the mods be the judge of doc's apparent rule breaking. I mean, if you'd like I could recommend you to McFox if you want a job here as a moderator. Again, I apologize for argueing with you.

And doc you effing ****** grow up!

Juce

Smash Ace
And this is why noone likes Duke.

Chaos - Call James' cell 971 998 6291, he can pick you up.

does anyone know where my cstick is?

Duke

Oh, this is why nobody likes me? Defender of the weak and defenseless?

There was no immediate topic of conversation and it was uncalled for him to call doc out like that. He talks of PM but really he should have shown doc some respect and taken his comment to PM. Yes, doc didn't need to make some of those comments but what the crap go to the atlanta threads, go to the virginia and pennsylvania threads. They aren't throwing each other down for making pointless posts. They laugh, it's funny. But I'd expect a comment like that coming from you, aftermath. No wonder Oregon's smash community has been described as disfunctional.

Good boy, doc, I'll give you the $5 later.

Juce

Smash Ace
<--Aftermath

Then why do people continue to get comboed by falcon in professional play, yes, by players even better than you James.
Wow Duke, way to post condescingly, as if I thought I was the best person ever.

Firstly, I would have thought you could make some connections in my post and not take what I said out of context. When I challenged you to the money match and said CF had no inescapable combos, I almost specified that I meant Samus, but figured you would figure I meant Samus. Then, I did say that it's not hard to DI his throw, and CF really doesn't have any "guaranteed" combos from his throw. The only thing he has from his throw are techchasing and things such as that, and his only normal inescapable combo would be an up air or two followed by a knee, which really isn't very impressive.

So where did I say that no one ever gets combo'd by CF? I know that Isai and other crazy good falcons follow up the opponent's DI and techs and strings together combos, which aren't inescapable, but merely put together skillfully by the CF. If you watch the pros play, they do DI nearly everything perfectly, and smash DI more than normal people should be able to, and again, the only reason they get combo'd by CF is because CF is fast enough to follow up his attacks and the player is good enough to do so.

So yeah, that's why people far better than me continue to get combo'd and why I continue to think that your posts have gotten any more intelligent or helpful.

Doc - Your posts can get annoying when, say, I check SWF and see a new post in the OSM or SF:E thread and think it's something important, but it turns out to be "Bump Up This Topic." I'm not wanting to make you not do it at all, but could you try to do it a little less?

Duke, intelligence money match?

EDIT** Why does it matter if the other threads have it? WA's GC thread has more of it than almost anywhere else, so why should it be acceptable in all places? Some people really don't find it funny and don't see why a regional thread should be cluttered with it.

Also, you're more of a **** than I am, and I'm pretty sure the Oregon scene being disfunctional was the thing between me and Ratking.

EDIT 2** Doc, that was an example.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
<i>Doc - Your posts can get annoying when, say, I check SWF and see a new post in the OSM or SF:E thread and think it's something important, but it turns out to be "Bump Up This Topic." I'm not wanting to make you not do it at all, but could you try to do it a little less?</i>
I'm pretty sure I only did that once.

Duke

Then what are we argueing about?

I already said I wasn't sure if you were talking about samus or not. I wasn't meaning it in an demeaning way. As simple as it may seem up throw > knee is an inescapable combo. What do you want from me? It does like 35 damage.

I thought your comment was a direct attack on my knowledge of the game. I think we just had a miscommunication.

Duke

I don't have to put up with this. I live on the east coast gosh dangit.

BIG FAT HUGE EDIT:

I forgot sarcasm is rediculously hard to detect over the internet. My "argument" with josh was not a real argument. It was just a joking way of telling him to not say thing so harshly. It's not in my mannerisms to start swearing at him for swearing at doc. Instead, I made light humor at it by quoting some of his less useful posts and in doing so I was just saying " We all make dumb posts go a little easier on the kid". Obviously, my babysitter comment was just a bunch of rubish to make light of the situation. And I really have no clue what goes on in the other regional zones. Heck, I don't even know what goes on in this one. I'm giving you (aftermath) one more opportunity to stop this argument. I've tried several times to stop but you keep on replying in a argumentative way. I don't want to argue with you.

Top Bottom