• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Taekwondo! I used to take that(karate now), stopped at red belt(in the system without purple). What level are you?
Karate is the worst fighting style to learn. If you want to be a good fighter, take Boxing and JuJitsu(not sure if I spelled that right) Then in your spare time, watch wrestling and wrestle with your friends if you don't have the money to take classes.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Jiu Jitsu is made useless due to Bruce Lee(or whoever that particular asian martial arts master/actor is, not Chan)'s style he created; I think the name is Jeet Kune Do. Same with every other style of fighting. Karate is certainly more useful than Tae Kwon Do, for one thing, because it's about surviving no matter what, and using your entire body for maximum power in order to end a fight in one good shot. Tae Kwon Do is all about the art of kicks. I was in Tae Kwon Do for a good amount of time, and my friend stayed with it to become a 3rd dan black belt. He agrees with me. There are fighting styles much worse than Karate. Wrestling, for example, is complete bull****. Have you done your research on fighting styles before making such easily refuted claims?
Beside that, I only took Karate because it was the only martial arts course at UO that was still open/during time I had open. I was more inclined to take Jeet Kune Do.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
My dad is part of the WCF, West Coast Fighters, He helped me make that post as he is a professional cage fighter. He just said that karate was crap.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
From what I remember, karate is not a fighting style.
Bruce Lee invented Jeet Kune Do, and that's not technically a fighting style, either.
Wrestling is actually quite effective... just not "professional wrestling". I'm of course referring to ancient Grecko/Roman wrestling and other militaristic wrestling such as Jujitsu when I say it's effective.

t0mmy likes this type of discussion.

Josh, they offer Jeet Kune Do at U of O?

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
"BUT MY DADDY SAID WRESTLING FTW! HES A WRESTLER! THAT MAKES IT RIGHT...not completely biased. >_>"
If you call having a way more reliable source completely biased, then I guess I was biased. And I'm not 4 you ******* ******. And my dad is a boxer, not a wrestler.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Alright, enough with the ad hominems.
Holiday, you have to realize a few things that detract from your argument. First, that this is the internet, and I have not been given proof that your father is indeed a professional wrestler. Heck, I could argue I'm the son of Jay Shin, and he says Tae Kwon Do is the supreme fighting style.
Even then, if he really was Jay Shin, why would you be disinclined to believe that claim?
Because it's a logical fallacy - an appeal to authority. Eggz' post was a slightly sardonic noting of that flaw.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You mean me? Using the term "fly" to describe the ladies definitely sounds like something I'd do. But I don't remember it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I do like martial arts discussions. But this is the OSM thread, not a martial arts discussion thread. Save the martial arts practice & discussion for SF:E when Shin brings his padded swords.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
so yea smash is such a good game but i wish i was as good as george at it perhaps he is coming to tang? Who all is going to tang?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, to get things back on topic...

Low Tier Doubles are finished. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

LT-Doubles [Grand Finals]
Super Smash Twins vs DMSfoosio's

---------------------------------------

DMSfoosio's won the first two rounds of the finals and almost took first right off the bat, but t0mmy and I managed to win the next three to go to the Grand Finals.

I have the first match of DMS & Dirthead finished for LT-Singles Grand Finals. So those should be up soon.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
Doc, you seriously should host a tournament, but about one of your previous posts...I only like Corneria because we ALWAYS play on final dest. and I actually use wavedash, teching, etc.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
so yea smash is such a good game but i wish i was as good as george at it perhaps he is coming to tang? Who all is going to tang?
Well, maybe perhaps if i go, ill let you come out on top ok. And ill try my very bestest :chuckle: Ill think about it.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Ya, he's my friend. BTW, you don't use wavedashing, and why weren't you at Justin's Smashfest last night? Everyone was there except you, probably because you're mormon.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
Except I do wavedash and tech and shffl....I do all that stuff...I just don't spam it as much as you....and I wasn't there cause I was sick.

BTW...who was there?

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
Oh, none of them are that great...

WTH? When I posted my post it showed i posted it twice but when i posted first one it didnt show...

Balloon

Smash Lord
SPAM IT???????!!!!!!!! If you don't spam those, you suck miserably. Phil, Andrew, Chris, Me, Justin, Ryan, and Austin Wong were there.
Wow, no statement could ever be more wrong. If you think you suck just because you don't spam SHFFLs or wavedashes, then you suck miserably.

SCAVENGER

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this sounds nooby, but who's Bart? I don't that many great smash players.

Btw...anyone know of any upcoming tournaments in Salem or Portland?

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure there will never be a salem tournament, No venues and the gamestores are too small. Unless we could host it at your house, but your mom won't let you have any more "parties". Too bad.

Top Bottom